Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Stadium talks continue

Nah, the dome sucks. Its does the job and thats about it. Nothing flashy, nothing great, its just a place to play. I think that building should be torn down or burned or something.

It sucks to watch baseball at and there are too many obstructed view seats for football. Its like going to a wild game, when they torn down the old arena it was hard to see go, but after going to the X to watch a game there is nothing like it in minnesota. You dont even have to be a hockey fan to enjoy a game there, its just the best place I have ever been for a pro sport of any kind. there are no bad seats in the house, you see the action unfold from anywhere, the atmosphere is crazy, just a great place.

Now if the twins can get a stadium built I would definatly go see more twins games. And the vikings, if they do it right, going to a vikings game wont be just about watching the vikings play a game, or how loud the dome gets. it will be more of a total experience. Easy to get around, visually stunning, tailgate party at the stadium, and comfortable to sit in and watch a game. i cant stand watching football indoors, I would love to be outside watching it, sun beating down, snow fall, rain (ok, so maybe they can close the roof for rain).

Man, I really hate the dome after thinking about it.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"smootpepper" wrote:
    Nah, the dome sucks. Its does the job and thats about it. Nothing flashy, nothing great, its just a place to play. I think that building should be torn down or burned or something.

It sucks to watch baseball at and there are too many obstructed view seats for football. Its like going to a wild game, when they torn down the old arena it was hard to see go, but after going to the X to watch a game there is nothing like it in minnesota. You dont even have to be a hockey fan to enjoy a game there, its just the best place I have ever been for a pro sport of any kind. there are no bad seats in the house, you see the action unfold from anywhere, the atmosphere is crazy, just a great place.

Now if the twins can get a stadium built I would definatly go see more twins games. And the vikings, if they do it right, going to a vikings game wont be just about watching the vikings play a game, or how loud the dome gets. it will be more of a total experience. Easy to get around, visually stunning, tailgate party at the stadium, and comfortable to sit in and watch a game. i cant stand watching football indoors, I would love to be outside watching it, sun beating down, snow fall, rain (ok, so maybe they can close the roof for rain).

Man, I really hate the dome after thinking about it.
    I am going for the oct. 23 game (my first one ever). What do you mean by obstructed views?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Obstructed views or "limited view" are views that are blocked by the concrete pillars in the upper level. For the most part I believe they are all in row 27. Any seat behind that may or may not have a blocked view depending on where your seat is in that section. If you already have your tickets look at the face value on them. If they are limited view it will say so on the ticket. Those tickets have a price on them of $9.90

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Well I certainly hope we get the new digs soon. I always liked the dome though, never really thought there were many bad seats in the house!

JASEMYSTER is offline Waterboy

When or if the vikes get this stadium Ziggy will recoupe all of the money because a stadium would make the value of the franchise sky rocket through that retractable roof.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I just have to say,

stadium deal? GET UR DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Wilf.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Stadium......

Vikings, Anoka County reach stadium deal
    Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
    September 19, 2005 STADIUM

The Vikings will announce tomorrow an agreement to build a $675 million stadium and related development in Anoka County.

A press conference has been scheduled for 10 a.m. in Blaine, near the site where new owner Zygi Wilf plans to build the structure, a Vikings team official said.

Wilf and the NFL plan to combine on a $250 million contribution, while Anoka County will provide $240 million through a county-wide sales tax.

The Vikings and Anoka County will ask the state for the nearly $200 million in infrastructure costs.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/1405/5623291.html

Looks like we might be getting a stadium afterall. Well, as long as the state pitches in a couple hundred million.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Re: Stadium......

That sounds sweet. Doesn't a stadium at that cost include a retractable roof? I thought I read that somewhere. What are the chances (with Twins and Gophers in the mix) that we get that 200 million though?

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

A retractable roof would be sweet, but I'd like to see them play some games in snow. Those are the best games to watch.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

lukeshkin is offline Rookie

F the twins and the gophers the twins are such a piss poor run franchise that they would have trouble selling out a phoe booth the gophers puhleaze they should feel lucky that they get to us the dome they are as crappy a team as it gets i've seen red mccombs run better teams than the gophers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast