Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: stadium talk again

"whiteviking24" wrote:
    Very good points.....this is why I ask questions .

I was thick headed enough to forget the older crowd, my bad.

I was just thinking about how much easier it might be to get approved if the cost was a little less. That Rectrac roof can't be very cheap.

I also am a very traditional kinda guy.
    Keep in mind we have an owner chipping in $280 mil out of his own pocket to help build it.

Most stadiums that are built don't have the owners chipping in that kind of cash.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

The field where the grass pulls out is in AZ, just to let every one know. Even they passed stadium bills for both baseball and football in AZ. I guess we are the only state that is smarter than the rest of the country, right??????
    The simple fact we need a roof, the superbowl brings in close to $500 million to the state economy for the one week leading up to the game. That kind of money would do wonders for the state. I only wish the thick headed people would look pass paying a extra nickel here and there on their large purcheses. This state also needs a roof for the simple fact that the met never sold out!!!!Its not a macho thing when you are sitting in a half empty stadium in the freezing cold. I like tailgaiting in the snow, cold, etc. If you do get cold you can go around the fire or jump in a car, at the game you have to sit for 3 hours. Green bay fans can say what they want, I don't enjoy sitting in negitive 5 weather, I don't sniff paint thinner, and I don't sleep with my sister. Green bay fans are just that much better than me I guess.
    You republican whore!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    The field where the grass pulls out is in AZ, just to let every one know. Even they passed stadium bills for both baseball and football in AZ. I guess we are the only state that is smarter than the rest of the country, right??????
    The simple fact we need a roof, the superbowl brings in close to $500 million to the state economy for the one week leading up to the game. That kind of money would do wonders for the state. I only wish the thick headed people would look pass paying a extra nickel here and there on their large purcheses. This state also needs a roof for the simple fact that the met never sold out!!!!Its not a macho thing when you are sitting in a half empty stadium in the freezing cold. I like tailgaiting in the snow, cold, etc. If you do get cold you can go around the fire or jump in a car, at the game you have to sit for 3 hours. Green bay fans can say what they want, I don't enjoy sitting in negitive 5 weather, I don't sniff paint thinner, and I don't sleep with my sister. Green bay fans are just that much better than me I guess.
    Not to mention that the super bowl will never be played in Green Bay, or in Chicago for that matter. As to the natural grass. I like natural grass however from what I understand the new artificial turf is almost as good and by the time the new stadium gets built it will be even closer to natural I would bet.

WWBGD

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    This has been discussed a few times before, but not recently. Maybe it's time for a new thread on it or a mod might find the old one....but I can't find it.

Anywho, I would rather have a retractable roof stadium like the Texans. Let's face it, domes are better for tourists and pseudo-football fans who might attend the game for something to do. People who are fence sitters aren't going to go sit in -5 degree weather to watch a game that they aren't incredibly interested in. It's better from a financial and business standpoint to have the option of a roof.
    I'm all about the retractable roof, but either way I would still go to the games.
    That's what I'm saying WBL. People like us would go come Hell or high water, but people like my mom who don't really like football but would go just for a family occasion (like we did at the Ravens game) probably wouldn't go because it's more inconvenient. If they're not really into the game, there is no point in freezing their asses off!

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

One thing I can't understand from the concept drawings is it looks like the one side has like no wall?

I understand its just a concept, but someone explain how this works.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Didn't want to bring up a new thread.

Wanted to add this about the KC roof and stadium pertaining to the superbowl.

Looks cool!

Works for both the Kaufman and Arrowhead.

The Rolling Roof will be one of two ballot measures that county officials are expected to put before voters. One will include a 3/8-cent sales tax increase to raise at least $425 million to pay for the work to the stadiums. A measure to fund the construction of the Rolling Roof that will move between both stadiums to combat inclement weather will be funded by what is known as a “use tax” charged to people in Jackson County who purchase items of $2,000 or more outside of the state. Use taxes are common in counties surrounding Jackson County.
    Scroll down the page.
    http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/01/24/chiefs_sign_new_lease_with_jackson_county_team_awa its_april_vote/

you will find more photos like this...

The one thing that gets lost in this is that the downtown committee never went to any lengths like this to try and keep the team downtown. Why aren't they trying to be inovative and proactive.

"If it works, don't fix it, and certainly don't break it"

KC is spending 425 million in renovations to an old stadium.

Tear the dome off of the HHH and put a retractable roof on it, propose something, now the idea is floating around that a new stadium is needed. Someone could have suggested something a long time ago to make things easier. Also restructure that contract, how tough is that. Better than having an empty building sitting there empty until someone decides to tear it down or house hurricane victims in.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    The one thing that gets lost in this is that the downtown committee never went to any lengths like this to try and keep the team downtown. Why aren't they trying to be inovative and proactive.

Tear the dome off of the HHH and put a retractable roof on it, propose something, now the idea is floating around that a new stadium is needed. Someone could have suggested something a long time ago to make things easier. Also restructure that contract, how tough is that. Better than having an empty building sitting there empty until someone decides to tear it down or house hurricane victims in.

I have thought about that myself. If they were to take the dome off HHH, they could put a retractable on there. The thing is, Wilf wants to put a atrium in there, that would produce alot of jobs. If they do this, then the price is getting way up there anyways so why not just build a whole new stadium? I myself would love to see a new stadium, but if push came to shove, I would be happy to see HHH totally remodeled inside and out.

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

I have thought about that myself. If they were to take the dome off HHH, they could put a retractable on there. The thing is, Wilf wants to put a atrium in there, that would produce alot of jobs. If they do this, then the price is getting way up there anyways so why not just build a whole new stadium? I myself would love to see a new stadium, but if push came to shove, I would be happy to see HHH totally remodeled inside and out.
    Has anyone ever proposed that???? I just don't recall it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123