stadium talk again

I want NO roof on the new stadium!!

what do you guys think??

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: stadium talk again

"whiteviking24" wrote:
    I want NO roof on the new stadium!!

what do you guys think??

Retractable Roof would be great, on nice days you can open it up, on crappy days close it. The main reason that I want some kind of roof is that Minnesota will be able to host a SB again. With a new stadium, that would bring so much publicity to Minnesota, and the Vikings orginazation, something the need very bad..

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

This has been discussed a few times before, but not recently. Maybe it's time for a new thread on it or a mod might find the old one....but I can't find it.

Anywho, I would rather have a retractable roof stadium like the Texans. Let's face it, domes are better for tourists and pseudo-football fans who might attend the game for something to do. People who are fence sitters aren't going to go sit in -5 degree weather to watch a game that they aren't incredibly interested in. It's better from a financial and business standpoint to have the option of a roof.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

A stadium without a roof of some kind presents problems:
    1. no Super Bowl
    2. no concerts, whatever in the wintertime
    3. increased costs for snow removal in inclement weather
    4. Huge losses of revenue for the area when the stadium could have been utilized year around.

These are just a few things of the top of my head. I prefer a natural grass playing field but we need a retractable roof for that and so I see that as the best option.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

think of the cost side of it though... it is probably alot more money for the Retractable Roof and if its easier to get approved for the stadium because of money, I would say leave it off, but I see your points in that only so many people would acutally go to the game in the cold.

I just really miss the MET!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    This has been discussed a few times before, but not recently. Maybe it's time for a new thread on it or a mod might find the old one....but I can't find it.

Anywho, I would rather have a retractable roof stadium like the Texans. Let's face it, domes are better for tourists and pseudo-football fans who might attend the game for something to do. People who are fence sitters aren't going to go sit in -5 degree weather to watch a game that they aren't incredibly interested in. It's better from a financial and business standpoint to have the option of a roof.
    I'm all about the retractable roof, but either way I would still go to the games.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    A stadium without a roof of some kind presents problems:
    1. no Super Bowl
    2. no concerts, whatever in the wintertime
    3. increased costs for snow removal in inclement weather
    4. Huge losses of revenue for the area when the stadium could have been utilized year around.

These are just a few things of the top of my head. I prefer a natural grass playing field but we need a retractable roof for that and so I see that as the best option.
    other events at our stadium??? I could care less.....our current "home" is kinda lame in the fact that is one big rent a center...IMO

I think our new building should finally be ALL ABOUT THE VIKINGS.

I realize it is nice for the building to bring in extra cash flow for other events besides football, but it would also be nice for everyone to think of playing in Minnesota means being a tough mofo.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I would prefer a retractable roof, because I think the idea of an open air stadium is awesome. But we need some kind of roof to host a superbowl. And if it comes down to no roof and no superbowl venue, or a permanent roof and a future superbowl venue... I would rather go with the roof.

And, it doesn't have to be a dome either. Look at Ford field. Yeah, it is enclosed, but man. what a stadium!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Well, I don't ever remember us winning a Super Bowl when we played outside, either.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Well, I don't ever remember us winning a Super Bowl when we played outside, either.
    No, but we went to four.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast