Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Stadium name?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Stadium name?

"renovikesfan" wrote:
    Okay...sorry to those who think this thread was "premature" (kinda like naming the O-line before they've even practiced, I guess?). Just trying to have some fun with it, is all.

I also like the idea of naming it after Bud Grant in some way. I'm hoping we can avoid having to name it after some corporation, but I'm resigned to the possibility of it. Let's cross our fingers that Wilf does the right thing.
    I don't think this thread was premature at all. I thought it was fun! :grin:

But why do you think that retaining naming rights is the "right thing" for Wilf to do? I am just fine with him selling the naming right off to help pay for the stadium. He will retain all the naming rights to the hall of fame (Valhalla) and the retail complex (Northern Lights), so I don't believe he will be concerned with the stadium. Especially since the stadium name can always be attached to the overall sports complex, eg: 3M Field at the Northern Lights. Now that sounds cool...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Grain Belt Premium Field
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

VikingGuy43 is offline Rookie

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Grain Belt Premium Field
    Without reading any of the other posts I already know that this one is the best! :lol:

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "renovikesfan" wrote:
    Okay...sorry to those who think this thread was "premature" (kinda like naming the O-line before they've even practiced, I guess?). Just trying to have some fun with it, is all.

I also like the idea of naming it after Bud Grant in some way. I'm hoping we can avoid having to name it after some corporation, but I'm resigned to the possibility of it. Let's cross our fingers that Wilf does the right thing.
    I don't think this thread was premature at all. I thought it was fun! :grin:

But why do you think that retaining naming rights is the "right thing" for Wilf to do? I am just fine with him selling the naming right off to help pay for the stadium. He will retain all the naming rights to the hall of fame (Valhalla) and the retail complex (Northern Lights), so I don't believe he will be concerned with the stadium. Especially since the stadium name can always be attached to the overall sports complex, eg: 3M Field at the Northern Lights. Now that sounds cool...
    Thanks for supporting the thread. :grin:

My reasoning goes with what's previously been said about Wilf. He get's "it". A big corporation could care less about what sounds good for the stadium name. They're only in it for the bucks. I was hoping we'd gotten rid of that attitude when Red left to go sell some more lemons in his used car dealerships.

Having said all that, I suppose something along the lines of your example:

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    eg: 3M Field at the Northern Lights.
    would be cool. I'd just like the stadium name to have a nice ring to it.

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

"TrappedinOakland" wrote:
    Frostbite Field.

I would think it would be a bit demoralizing to any team to have to come up to Minny and play at Frostbite Field. It gives me pause just thinking about it.
    IMO that would only fit if we had an outdoor stadium. :grin:

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"VikingGuy43" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Grain Belt Premium Field
    Without reading any of the other posts I already know that this one is the best! :lol:
    Thanks man, I really think it has a great ring to it. Besides then every night game will be a Premium Night!
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "VikingGuy43" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Grain Belt Premium Field
    Thanks man, I really think it has a great ring to it. Besides then every night game will be a Premium Night!

I like it too!

Don't forget to plaster the Best Beer from 1994 label on the side of the stadium also.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678