Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium help

coreyd is offline Coach

Stadium help

What can we do as Minnesota Vikings fans do to help get this stadium. I for one live in Blaine within running distance to the proposed stadium. I am all for it. This is a city that has a lot of potential and if the stadium gets passed then its only going to benefit us in the long run. For those who are against I understand completely, but think long term. Think about the revenue it will bring.

Can we start a petition?

Donate money? Hell, Wilf will give a lot....I got five on it!

Seriously though...this is our team...lets make some noise for it.

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Stadium help

"coreyd" wrote:
    What can we do as Minnesota Vikings fans do to help get this stadium. I for one live in Blaine within running distance to the proposed stadium. I am all for it. This is a city that has a lot of potential and if the stadium gets passed then its only going to benefit us in the long run. For those who are against I understand completely, but think long term. Think about the revenue it will bring.

Can we start a petition?

I hear you man,

I was thinking about that today.

They could set up some kinda donation thing were fans can "buy a brick" thing to help afford the new stadium were you get a certificate for donation or something and every "brick" would cost like $200 or something....

don't know how many poeple would be willing to do that however?

If 60,000 fans would do that it would add up to $12 million.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"whiteviking24" wrote:
    "coreyd" wrote:

Can we start a petition?

I hear you man,

I was thinking about that today.

They could set up some kinda donation thing were fans can "buy a brick" thing to help afford the new stadium were you get a certificate for donation or something and every "brick" would cost like $200 or something....

don't know how many poeple would be willing to do that however?

If 60,000 fans would do that it would add up to $12 million.
    WhiteViking,

Not a bad idea, they could call it the PPTV.....

" Purple Pride Path to Victory"

I'de get a brick if it happened......Maybe Wilf will see your :wink: post.... :wink:

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

If you got an extra 300 mil around that would help. :grin:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Many other teams give guided tour through their stadiums on non-game days & there is an admission fee & they have team sports shops that bring in additional revenue.

Monies could also be raised by an admission fee/donations to the Vikings hall of fame museum to help support the stadium project.

Here in Wisconsin, every year on the State tax forms, there is a voluntary box you can check to donate money for the Lambeau field renevotion.

I've always wanted to write LMFAO! in that space, but I feared it might trigger an audit! :grin:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

spdolphs is offline Training Camp

What would the state do if 3M said they were planning a billion dollar expansion that would create jobs and stimulate the local economy. If they needed a little help with road improvements I would bet the state would be doing backflips and writing checks faster than you could say Scotch Tape!

Why don't they act the same way when another major business (Vikes) does this?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Many other teams give guided tour through their stadiums on non-game days & there is an admission fee & they have team sports shops that bring in additional revenue.

Monies could also be raised by an admission fee/donations to the Vikings hall of fame museum to help support the stadium project.

Here in Wisconsin, every year on the State tax forms, there is a voluntary box you can check to donate money for the Lambeau field renevotion.

I've always wanted to write LMFAO! in that space, but I feared it might trigger an audit! :grin:

Singers, you are in Wisconsin? Here I thought you were in Minnesota.. Anyways, yes I would be in favor of something that would voice our opinion as Vikings fans..

By the way, how far is Blaine from the HHH Dome? Just wondering, because I usually come to Minnesota for some Vikes games, and would like to know how much farther it is.. If it gets done that is..

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Well, I don't live in Miinnesota but I wrote to the Governor. If he got 5000 e-mails from PPO members that may help a bit.
    Here's the e-mail address: [email protected]
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Singers, you are in Wisconsin? Here I thought you were in Minnesota.. Anyways, yes I would be in favor of something that would voice our opinion as Vikings fans..

By the way, how far is Blaine from the HHH Dome? Just wondering, because I usually come to Minnesota for some Vikes games, and would like to know how much farther it is.. If it gets done that is..
    Yes, I live in Wisconsin. About 30 miles north of La Crosse & right across the river from Winina, MN.

As far as how far Blaine is from the Thunder Dome. I'm not sure.

It really doesn't matter to me. I'm going to be their at least 10 times a year regardless. :grin:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

go door to door and get people to sign stuff and say they support the making of the stadium. show that to the gov't and once they see that the people are behind the idea they might want to build it more.

i say you should be able to buy a brick or some part of the building for a price.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast