Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Stadium Givaways

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    This has been on my mind for some time now. I wanted to get it off my chest. This year we have received the same old schedule magnet and team photo that we receive every fucking year. The poster of Peterson was a nice touch during the preseason. Last year they gave away noodles and a flag in addition to the magnet and photo. We are coming up to the last game. I really think they have nothing planned. This is really bullshit. I have been to multiple stadiums this year and always received something. I have gotten a nice towel, keychain, and a backpack! We pay good money to go to these games and I am truly disappointed. Just wondering what others think about this.
    "I wanted to get it off my chest"?

You've been BITCHING TO ME ABOUT THIS for 3 fucking months.

And my answer is the same:

* Given the shit-ass lease and low revenues from the Dome for the Vikings, would you rather have them spend your ticket monies on trinkets to appease your greedy self or on free agents like Jared Allen or Bernard Berrien?

Oh - and the foam things from last year were NOT from the Vikings.
    They were from NFL Network and were given out at every home game that weekend.

My assumption is that there will be something this weekend.

And I know you'll bitch about it.

=Z=
    I knew you would open your big ass mouth. Those expensive ass FAs got us 1 more win so far. 1 more loss and another missed playoff and I might rethink the current season ticket situation. Especially since I am moving to Arizona very soon. Would you rather piss off the fans or spend an extra half a million or so on some nice stuff to thank the fans who spend their hard earned money to come to games. Maybe we should just say fuck the fans and overpay some more guys who make millions a year. Makes sense.
    :
    Are you trying to say this is in your near future?

If they move, who knows. I guess those trinkets would be worthless then. Right Zeus?

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    This has been on my mind for some time now. I wanted to get it off my chest. This year we have received the same old schedule magnet and team photo that we receive every fricken year. The poster of Peterson was a nice touch during the preseason. Last year they gave away noodles and a flag in addition to the magnet and photo. We are coming up to the last game. I really think they have nothing planned. This is really kaka del rio. I have been to multiple stadiums this year and always received something. I have gotten a nice towel, keychain, and a backpack! We pay good money to go to these games and I am truly disappointed. Just wondering what others think about this.

You've been BITCHING TO ME ABOUT THIS for 3 fricken months.

* Given the pooh-jiggly butt lease and low revenues from the Dome for the Vikings, would you rather have them spend your ticket monies on trinkets to appease your greedy self or on free agents like Jared Allen or Bernard Berrien?

And I know you'll beeyatch about it.
    I knew you would open your big jiggly butt mouth. Those expensive jiggly butt FAs got us 1 more win so far. 1 more loss and another missed playoff and I might rethink the current season ticket situation. Especially since I am moving to Arizona very soon. Would you rather piss off the fans or spend an extra half a million or so on some nice stuff to thank the fans who spend their hard earned money to come to games. Maybe we should just say floop the fans and overpay some more guys who make millions a year. Makes sense.
    :
    Jared Allen hasn't paid off?
    Berrien hasn't paid off?

I'm not pissed off at a lack of freebies.
    I don't notice the other fans around us pissed off at a lack of freebies.
    YOU are the only one I've heard complain about it.

The reality is that the Dome and the current lease brings in - by far - the lowest revenue of any stadium deal in the NFL.
    For a $2-dollar trinket for 65,000 people, that's $130,000, not including the cost to put one on every gol 'darnit seat.
    I'd much rather have that $130,000 go to the betterment of the team than the kitsch closet in my basement.

And since when are you moving to Arizona "very soon"?
    I thought you were moving to Texas?

=Z=
    If your going to make an argument like that, I suggest correctly spelling our star receivers name correctly...
    Bernard Berrian.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I've been pretty pleased so far. Got the Adrian Peterson poster from the steelers game(actually I didn't attend but bloodyhorns picked up an extra for me), and the Adrian Peterson Rookie record thing(the one that went to season ticket holders), both are framed and look very nice in my basement. Also the vikings do a lot for charity and in these tough economic times it doesn't make sense to waste a whole lot of money on cheap nick-nacks. If you want cheap crap go to Wal-mart.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

I really don't care.
    It's always just a bunch of bric-a-brac that nobody cares about.
    So why should the team care about it?

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

They are giving away trough cakes

They better at least give us a fucking NFC North title

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    This has been on my mind for some time now. I wanted to get it off my chest. This year we have received the same old schedule magnet and team photo that we receive every fricken year. The poster of Peterson was a nice touch during the preseason. Last year they gave away noodles and a flag in addition to the magnet and photo. We are coming up to the last game. I really think they have nothing planned. This is really kaka del rio. I have been to multiple stadiums this year and always received something. I have gotten a nice towel, keychain, and a backpack! We pay good money to go to these games and I am truly disappointed. Just wondering what others think about this.

You've been BITCHING TO ME ABOUT THIS for 3 fricken months.

* Given the pooh-jiggly butt lease and low revenues from the Dome for the Vikings, would you rather have them spend your ticket monies on trinkets to appease your greedy self or on free agents like Jared Allen or Bernard Berrien?

And I know you'll beeyatch about it.
    I knew you would open your big jiggly butt mouth. Those expensive jiggly butt FAs got us 1 more win so far. 1 more loss and another missed playoff and I might rethink the current season ticket situation. Especially since I am moving to Arizona very soon. Would you rather piss off the fans or spend an extra half a million or so on some nice stuff to thank the fans who spend their hard earned money to come to games. Maybe we should just say floop the fans and overpay some more guys who make millions a year. Makes sense.
    :
    Jared Allen hasn't paid off?
    Berrien hasn't paid off?

I'm not pissed off at a lack of freebies.
    I don't notice the other fans around us pissed off at a lack of freebies.
    YOU are the only one I've heard complain about it.

The reality is that the Dome and the current lease brings in - by far - the lowest revenue of any stadium deal in the NFL.
    For a $2-dollar trinket for 65,000 people, that's $130,000, not including the cost to put one on every gol 'darnit seat.
    I'd much rather have that $130,000 go to the betterment of the team than the kitsch closet in my basement.

And since when are you moving to Arizona "very soon"?
    I thought you were moving to Texas?

=Z=
    I have to agree with Zeus here,
    I have never once heard anyone piss and moan about not getting free stuff.

Greed is the root of all evil.

Ok I think they did this to get me all worked up. WTF!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"marstc09" wrote:

Liked it enough to keep eh?
    ;D

Jilly is offline Coach

"marstc09" wrote:

This helps to explain the picture I saw in the StarTribune this morning. They have a picture of Adrian jumping into Syd's arms after his touchdown but a couple of rows up, there is this random picture of Adrian's head. lol, I thought someone had photoshopped it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast