Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Stadium Givaways

This has been on my mind for some time now. I wanted to get it off my chest. This year we have received the same old schedule magnet and team photo that we receive every fucking year. The poster of Peterson was a nice touch during the preseason. Last year they gave away noodles and a flag in addition to the magnet and photo. We are coming up to the last game. I really think they have nothing planned. This is really bullshit. I have been to multiple stadiums this year and always received something. I have gotten a nice towel, keychain, and a backpack! We pay good money to go to these games and I am truly disappointed. Just wondering what others think about this.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Stadium Givaways

I think they should do more

Idk if we can afford more or not though

We are maybe gonna be outta Minny if we don't get a stadium

CTVikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

I would love them to give us a Nice reason to watch the post season

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    This has been on my mind for some time now. I wanted to get it off my chest. This year we have received the same old schedule magnet and team photo that we receive every fucking year. The poster of Peterson was a nice touch during the preseason. Last year they gave away noodles and a flag in addition to the magnet and photo. We are coming up to the last game. I really think they have nothing planned. This is really bullshit. I have been to multiple stadiums this year and always received something. I have gotten a nice towel, keychain, and a backpack! We pay good money to go to these games and I am truly disappointed. Just wondering what others think about this.
    "I wanted to get it off my chest"?

You've been BITCHING TO ME ABOUT THIS for 3 fucking months.

And my answer is the same:

* Given the shit-ass lease and low revenues from the Dome for the Vikings, would you rather have them spend your ticket monies on trinkets to appease your greedy self or on free agents like Jared Allen or Bernard Berrien?

Oh - and the foam things from last year were NOT from the Vikings.
    They were from NFL Network and were given out at every home game that weekend.

My assumption is that there will be something this weekend.

And I know you'll bitch about it.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I almost panicked.......

At first glance I thought it said Stadium Givesway........

I quickly envisioned huge amounts of snow and the dome........ :'(
    Of course now I am envisioning Vesty and a flame thrower on the roof trying to melt it off........
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

* Given the shit-ass lease and low revenues from the Dome for the Vikings, would you rather have them spend your ticket monies on trinkets to appease your greedy self or on free agents like Jared Allen or Bernard Berrien?

=Z=
    I knew you would open your big ass mouth. Those expensive ass FAs got us 1 more win so far. 1 more loss and another missed playoff and I might rethink the current season ticket situation. Especially since I am moving to Arizona very soon. Would you rather piss off the fans or spend an extra half a million or so on some nice stuff to thank the fans who spend their hard earned money to come to games. Maybe we should just say fuck the fans and overpay some more guys who make millions a year. Makes sense.
    :

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

=Z=
    I knew you would open your big ass mouth. Those expensive ass FAs got us 1 more win so far. 1 more loss and another missed playoff and I might rethink the current season ticket situation. Especially since I am moving to Arizona very soon. Would you rather piss off the fans or spend an extra half a million or so on some nice stuff to thank the fans who spend their hard earned money to come to games. Maybe we should just say fuck the fans and overpay some more guys who make millions a year. Makes sense.
    :
    Are you trying to say this is in your near future?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

:
    Jared Allen hasn't paid off?
    Berrien hasn't paid off?

I'm not pissed off at a lack of freebies.
    I don't notice the other fans around us pissed off at a lack of freebies.
    YOU are the only one I've heard complain about it.

The reality is that the Dome and the current lease brings in - by far - the lowest revenue of any stadium deal in the NFL.
    For a $2-dollar trinket for 65,000 people, that's $130,000, not including the cost to put one on every damn seat.
    I'd much rather have that $130,000 go to the betterment of the team than the kitsch closet in my basement.

And since when are you moving to Arizona "very soon"?
    I thought you were moving to Texas?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

I think it would have been nice to have given something away for John Randle's ROF induction. However, i was late anyway so i wouldn't have gotten one. Oh well.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

:
    Jared Allen hasn't paid off?
    Berrien hasn't paid off?

I'm not pissed off at a lack of freebies.
    I don't notice the other fans around us pissed off at a lack of freebies.
    YOU are the only one I've heard complain about it.

The reality is that the Dome and the current lease brings in - by far - the lowest revenue of any stadium deal in the NFL.
    For a $2-dollar trinket for 65,000 people, that's $130,000, not including the cost to put one on every damn seat.
    I'd much rather have that $130,000 go to the betterment of the team than the kitsch closet in my basement.

And since when are you moving to Arizona "very soon"?
    I thought you were moving to Texas?

=Z=
    Never said those guys were overpaid. Players in general. I have the right to complain. I own 2 season tickets. How the fuck is $130,000 going to better the team? Plus for 65,000 those trinkets cost way less than $2. I should know. That is what I do.

We decided on Arizona. Her mom lives there.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast