Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Some of the things that I wonder about...

* Where will the ticketing and security be? In the concept drawings those gianormous doors are just open. Obviously we will need to have something in place.

* During the winter months will they still open the doors that far to allow entry/exit. If not, what will the traffic be like getting in/out?

* I am interested in seeing more of the views from the concourses. The open concourse design (like the Target field) is a huge plus IMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    I love it. Fortress of Solitude look is appropriate considering we have Superman in the backfield.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Agreed. Modern, but looks great.

The scoreboard is bigger than NY, isn't it?

It is very unique. I love it.
    It is bigger, but they have 4 to our 2. Overall we have 6,000 sq ft, they have 7,020 sq ft.
    I plan on going with the cheap seats in the new stadium so I will be looking at the scoreboard from the upper level of the opposite endzone, a very long ways away.

LIVike is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I assume that the AP pic on the side is replaceable over time?
    It is. They said they can project whatever they want up there
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    The Vikings are NOT a marketing company, or a bank, or a cabinetry shop. They are a sports franchise. No other company would contribute almost half of the cost of construction for a new building only to turn ownership over and sign a 30 year lease. AFAIK there are not many other companies in MN who are responsible for almost $10 million per year in guaranteed income tax. And no other company would get that much public money to pay for the other half of construction cost. There are very few comparisons in terms of quality of life and espirit de corps.

The Vikings stadium is simply not comparable to any of these example that you keep bringing up. So yes, that argument is old.
    They would if they knew the state was going to build them a newer one once that lease came up.

But back to the topic, it looks cool. Hopefully it works as well as it looks. Doesn't look like they left any money in the budget to address parking.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Hope they call it Windex Stadium because they are going to need a shit ton of it to keep all of that glass/polycarbonate clean.
    Speaking of which. look out for the honker migration in the early part of the season.

I think the stadium looks great, I'm sure it will have a number of issues that could have been done better, but it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I assume that the AP pic on the side is replaceable over time?
    I won't mind if it stays. Will be great having a Viking Hall of famer up there

I really like it as well. Will still have that open roof lighting and feel, without having to endure the Minnesota frigid winters. Curious what it will be like in person. Just hope it's not bright as s#!@ on one side, and dark as night on the shade end. I'm sure the lighting will be great throughout though. Can't wait until it's finished.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    It is bigger, but they have 4 to our 2. Overall we have 6,000 sq ft, they have 7,020 sq ft.
    I plan on going with the cheap seats in the new stadium so I will be looking at the scoreboard from the upper level of the opposite endzone, a very long ways away.
    Aha, I see. That also explains why you wanted a cowboy sized screen too.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVike View Post
    It is. They said they can project whatever they want up there
    really? that is a good idea, assuming it is a back fed projector so the elements wouldnt mess with the picture. Then they can players, superbowl logo, etc...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    First, the stadium is pretty fine looking. I would have liked more curves like some of the original images for Arden Hills, but it is nice.

Second, I have to ask how they will keep this monster cool. That much glass will certainly heat it up big time.

Third, how will they get the Jawas and all of their droids to move out before the Vikings can move in.

Vikings New Stadium

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast