Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 88
  1. #41
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I see fewer development companies build and lease a building to a tenant knowing they will get back only .50 on 1.00
    This is true (well almost, since it is actually closer to 63 cents on the dollar). Of course there aren't many development companies that also get a guaranteed 9.42 million in income tax every year either. So your attempts to equate the vikings and the stadium to a run of the mill business are really off base. And old.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #42
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I think that sloped roof and glass could make it just as loud as the dome.
    There will be shadows, but I don't mind. It should be an advantage to the Vikings as they will be accustomed to it, while visitors are not.
    I like the overall design, very modern, yet highly efficient. The glass walls and ceiling are great.
    Not impressed with 50'*120' score boards. It's just a little bigger than the Gopher's scoreboard at 48'*108'. New York has 4 30'x118' score boards.
    Overall I'm thrilled.
    Agreed. Modern, but looks great.

    The scoreboard is bigger than NY, isn't it?

    It is very unique. I love it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #43
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,460
    I assume that the AP pic on the side is replaceable over time?

    WWBGD

  4. #44
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,782
    Blog Entries
    4
    Well a few hours behind everyone else in seeing this but have say it rocks! Think they had to look at a design that was a complete contrast in shape and design to the Metrodome - to avoid people drawing comparisons - as well as having a modern feel to it and this fits the bill IMO.
    I know some will be pissed at not having the retractable roof but the glass aspect is going to let in so much light that I reckon it will feel like being outside.
    Hope once its built that everyone feels it was worth the wait for a new stadium after all the uncertaintity that the fans have gone through.

    Just looking forward to getting out to see a game in it once it's built
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  5. #45
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    I know some will be pissed at not having the retractable roof but the glass aspect is going to let in so much light that I reckon it will feel like being outside.
    I wonder how much noise there will be inside when pounding rain or hail hit it?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #46
    ConnecticutViking's Avatar
    ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Posts
    383
    Sorry guys! I think it's the ugliest thing I have ever seen! Not a big fan of the glass roof, it was tried once in the Astrodome and it failed.

  7. #47
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I assume that the AP pic on the side is replaceable over time?
    I would assume so. My guess is that is where the naming rights will be displayed.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #48
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    Sorry guys! I think it's the ugliest thing I have ever seen! Not a big fan of the glass roof, it was tried once in the Astrodome and it failed.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But I think the comparison to the Astrodome is pretty far off base.

    First of all, the Astrodome didn't fail. In fact Walt Disney dubbed it the 8th wonder of the world. It helped turn Houston into a sports entertainment destination, and was one of the crown jewels of baseball. It become obsolete until viable retractable roof stadiums (one of the first being Reliant) began opening.

    Second, the synthetic glass that made the Astrodome roof famous is considerably different than the material that will be used in the new stadium. In Houston, the idea was to keep heat out while letting light in. In Minnesota that is much less of an issue. Our ceiling will be much more similar to the windows in Indy, not the Astrodome.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #49
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I see fewer development companies build and lease a building to a tenant knowing they will get back only .50 on 1.00
    This is true (well almost, since it is actually closer to 63 cents on the dollar). Of course there aren't many development companies that also get a guaranteed 9.42 million in income tax every year either. So your attempts to equate the vikings and the stadium to a run of the mill business are really off base. And old.
    Old? We have yet to even figure out how to pay the thing off and you think it's old? Probably closer to the fact that the true costs are about to start hitting the pages and you don't want to have to answer for everything you said in the past that will turn out to be wrong.

    Did they release ticket prices last night too?

  10. #50
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Old? We have yet to even figure out how to pay the thing off and you think it's old? Probably closer to the fact that the true costs are about to start hitting the pages and you don't want to have to answer for everything you said in the past that will turn out to be wrong.

    Did they release ticket prices last night too?
    No, but I can't wait until they do.

    By Old I mean that you have been using the same argument over and over again, despite the lack of relevance to the stadium (although I am pretty sure uou knew that). The Vikings are NOT a marketing company, or a bank, or a cabinetry shop. They are a sports franchise. No other company would contribute almost half of the cost of construction for a new building only to turn ownership over and sign a 30 year lease. AFAIK there are not many other companies in MN who are responsible for almost $10 million per year in guaranteed income tax. And no other company would get that much public money to pay for the other half of construction cost. There are very few comparisons in terms of quality of life and espirit de corps.

    The Vikings stadium is simply not comparable to any of these example that you keep bringing up. So yes, that argument is old.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •