Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Stadium Design Approved

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

The MSFA, which currently owns the Metrodome, or Mall of America Field, will own and operate the new stadium.
    But, but I had heard that the state & taxpayers were paying for a stadium that was going to be owned by Zygi Wilf!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Nope it will be a leased deal.....if it happens

The due diligence comes as the team and stadium authority near final negotiations on stadium lease and development agreements. The two sides had hoped to sign off on both at the authority’s Aug. 23 meeting, but Kelm-Helgen said final action will likely be at a special meeting at a later date.
    LINK

So even the lease deal is looking to be delayed due to the fine toothed comb investigation

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Lawyers of MN rejoice.

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The MSFA, which currently owns the Metrodome, or Mall of America Field, will own and operate the new stadium.
    But, but I had heard that the state & taxpayers were paying for a stadium that was going to be owned by Zygi Wilf!
    No you didn't. But if you enjoy living in fascism more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    No you didn't. But if you enjoy living in fascism more power to you.
    Um, yes, we all did, unless you were living in a shell. Several Minnesota taxpayers were complaining they didn't want their tax dollars going to build a billionaire a stadium. They felt he should build it himself.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    They did say it was stupid and it is, there was never talk that he would own it but quite the contrary as he does not want to own it or he would have to maintain it and he would have to pay for tearing it down in 20 years when he is bitching that he needs a new one because the panels turned yellow and the birdshit isn't washing off in the rain like it is supposed to.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Um, yes, we all did, unless you were living in a shell. Several Minnesota taxpayers were complaining they didn't want their tax dollars going to build a billionaire a stadium. They felt he should build it himself.
    I am confused... I can't tell who is being sarcastic, facetious, or sincere...

I am pretty sure Singer didn't think that Wilf was going to own the stadium. I am pretty sure nobody did...

If I am wrong, then... wow.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    They did say it was stupid and it is, there was never talk that he would own it but quite the contrary as he does not want to own it or he would have to maintain it and he would have to pay for tearing it down in 20 years when he is bitching that he needs a new one because the panels turned yellow and the birdshit isn't washing off in the rain like it is supposed to.
    Without getting into the debate about whether or not a public/private partnership is stupid or not... You are right he doesn't want to own it, although the maintenance is covered by the Viking's lease so I think it has more to do with not wanting to handle the operations or assume the risk of event booking. That and there are only a few ownership groups in the NFL with the capitol needed to build a stadium themselves, and the Wilfs aren't one of them.

And I don't think it is a 20 year stadium either. Unlike the stadiums built in the 70s and 80s (like the metrodome), this stadium is being designed to last at least 40 years. The Vikings also signed a 30 year lease. The metrodome was built as cheaply as possible, and frankly, it showed. You get what you pay for. I am glad it is being done with an eye toward quality this time around.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    And I don't think it is a 20 year stadium either. Unlike the stadiums built in the 70s and 80s (like the metrodome), this stadium is being designed to last at least 40 years. The Vikings also signed a 30 year lease. The metrodome was built as cheaply as possible, and frankly, it showed. You get what you pay for. I am glad it is being done with an eye toward quality this time around.
    The dome wasn't supposed to be a 20 year building either but within 10 they were looking for a new one and they had a 30 year lease if I am not mistaken. A 40 year design with the way the league is evolving is fantasy. Think of 1973 and how much different things are now than then and think what 40 years in the future will bring.

How do you know there is more quality this time around? You have absolutely no idea what we will end up with other than maybe better toilets and w wider hallway which never really seemed like a problem to me.

Get back to me in about 5-7 years after it opens on whether they got what they paid for ( or taxed for or whatever funding they eventually use)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast