Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: A stadium deal in 2008 is slim and anorexic - 2007 a non-issue

I am holding out until the cost gets to be 20 billion, then it will certainly be worth it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Will it get done in '08?
    Don't know.
    It all really hinges on how successful the Vikings are this season.
    If we make a strong playoff run, don't be surprised if Wilf comes out with guns blazing.
    Media campaigns, political support in an election year, promise of more development money (he still has that $1 billion to invest you know).
    Wilf knows that he needs to ride the Vikings to be the gem of Minnesota Sports again in order to get the stadium built.

I think Wilf has the patience to wait a few years if need be.
    And I have faith that he will get it done.
    I'm not so sure he does. A lot of that money from investors was going to be used for hotels, retail shops restaurants, entertainment establishments, souveigner shops & a Vikings HOF museum.

In Anoka county, he had that room. He will not have that kind of room in the downtown area on the site where the Metrodome is.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Will it get done in '08?
    Don't know.
    If we make a strong playoff run, don't be surprised if Wilf comes out with guns blazing.
    Media campaigns, political support in an election year, promise of more development money (he still has that $1 billion to invest you know).
    Wilf knows that he needs to ride the Vikings to be the gem of Minnesota Sports again in order to get the stadium built.

I'm not so sure he does. A lot of that money from investors was going to be used for hotels, retail shops restaurants, entertainment establishments, souveigner shops & a Vikings HOF museum.

In Anoka county, he had that room. He will not have that kind of room in the downtown area on the site where the Metrodome is.
    Yes, but the plans released for the downtown site do show several new office buildings and hotels.
    It might not be the same type of shopping/retail center that was proposed in Anoka, but you can bet that Wilf is going to want a piece of the downtown development too.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Will it get done in '08?
    Don't know.

Yes, but the plans released for the downtown site do show several new office buildings and hotels.
    It might not be the same type of shopping/retail center that was proposed in Anoka, but you can bet that Wilf is going to want a piece of the downtown development too.

Obviously! That's where he stands to make his money.

[size=13pt]Terwilliger draws attention to stadium issue[/size]

Submitted by Rotary Rooter on May 22, 2007 - 10:40am

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Nice find Singer.
    He makes some good points.

He has taken on the challenge of raising awareness about the football stadium issue for several reasons, not the least of which are the possibility that the Vikings could leave Minnesota when their Dome lease expires in 2011 and the fact that the current stadium will lose two-thirds of its revenue stream when the Gophers football team moves into its new facility in 2009 and the Minnesota Twins open their new stadium in 2010.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I hope for Gawds that we get this stadium done...geesh so long...so freaking pissed off

[size=13pt]DeLand column: Vikings need a 3-step plan [/size]

Published: May 24. 2007 12:30AM

St. Cloud Times

........The plan the Vikings brought this year was: “We’d like a $954 million retractable dome stadium. We’re willing to put up $250 million.”

That’s it. The other 700-some million apparently was supposed to either come from a seven-county metro sales tax, or just materialize in the seat cushions at the Legislature.

And that’s not going to get it done. The Twins found this out during a decade or so of floating futile, undercooked proposals....

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    ........The plan the Vikings brought this year was: “We’d like a $954 million retractable dome stadium. We’re willing to put up $250 million.”

That’s it. The other 700-some million apparently was supposed to either come from a seven-county metro sales tax, or just materialize in the seat cushions at the Legislature.

And that’s not going to get it done. The Twins found this out during a decade or so of floating futile, undercooked proposals....
    Typical, Singer.
    Only reporting bad stadium stories.

I guess I'll post what Sid wrote about this morning:
    http://www.startribune.com/507/story/1203164.html

[size=12pt]Vikings acquire land[/size]

The Vikings this week made their first acquisition of land in downtown Minneapolis, which they hope will be the site of a stadium/business project. They purchased three parking lots from Central Parking System.

Lester Bagley, speaking for the Vikings, said the team hopes this will be the first of several acquisitions to show they are serious about the east Minneapolis business project.

The Vikings haven't acquired any land in Blaine, where they initially planned to build a stadium.
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

[size=12pt]Vikings acquire land[/size]
    Good to see.
    The instant gratification crowd is easily shaken.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast