Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Stadium contracts delayed

Last edited by singersp; 08-14-2013 at 07:37 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Good grief, what next?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Good grief, what next?
    Dayton was seeking an investigation into the Wilfs' dealings, and there was already an article regarding possible delays due to an investigation in that thread so this isn't really unexpected news and probably could have gone in that thread. When the government/panel starts reviewing things with a fine tooth comb nothing happens quickly.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    The article says that construction is set to begin as planned in October so I don't really know what the panel needs to "review". My guess is that this is all politics and this "delay" is just to make it look like they appear to give a shit about the Wilf's fraud but that situation is probably going to resolve itself with them divvying out some money ($51 million according to this article: Vikings owner Zygi Wilf could be on hook for millions in fraud case - CBSSports.com), which is chump change to these guys anyway. This is all much-ado-about-nothing and I don't see it having any impact on the stadium construction.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    It is just a bunch of CYA. The stadium is still fine. Unless they somehow find that the Wilfs defrauded the state and misrepresented their finances or withheld pertinent information, the agreements are still in place and the contract will be approved.

Keep in mind a couple of things,
    #1 - this actually isn't news. Back in 2011 the star trib did a story on this case, and even then everybody knew what the expected result was going to be. This wasn't some big secret that was suddenly dropped on everyone.
    #2 - Even the MFSA acknowledges that the stadium is still on schedule. This is just some additional checking and CYA
    The Star Tribune reports the chair of the Stadium Authority, Michele Kelm-Helgen, says the planned October groundbreaking for the nearly $1 billion stadium is still on schedule.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbzz View Post
    The article says that construction is set to begin as planned in October so I don't really know what the panel needs to "review". My guess is that this is all politics and this "delay" is just to make it look like they appear to give a shit about the Wilf's fraud but that situation is probably going to resolve itself with them divvying out some money ($51 million according to this article: Vikings owner Zygi Wilf could be on hook for millions in fraud case - CBSSports.com), which is chump change to these guys anyway. This is all much-ado-about-nothing and I don't see it having any impact on the stadium construction.
    Agreed. Although the end result is going to be significantly less than $51 million. The only restitution that is subject to the triple restitution is that which is subject to the RICO laws.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    $51M is not chump change to the Wilfs, I assure you that.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    $51M is not chump change to the Wilfs, I assure you that.
    No it's not and I highly doubt they will pay anywhere near that amount.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Nothing will come of it or derail the stadium. OTOH I think checking everything over is the right thing to do any time you have a private company who is getting state dollars being convicted of racketeering and fraud. That is just good sound policy.

There was never a reason to investigate anything before because there was no conviction and no findings from a judge to go on. If they do find something Zygi will just buy them off under the table and business will be conducted as usual.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast