Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Stacking up the coaches

How does Childress stack up against the other coaches in his rookie class so far this year?

McCarthy- GB

10-2
    Linehan-St L

3-9
    Marinelli-Det.

6-6
    Payton-NO

5-7
    Mangini-NYJ

3-9
    Kubiak- Hou

5-7

I think that is all of the coaches that were hired at same time as Childress. The two things that I have been judging him by are his record compared to other coaches with the same tenure and his record against our division.

The win vs Detroit really saved his butt from the fires of hell in the divisional spreadsheet( ;DMarr) even though he is still in the red and has a ways to redeem himself. The record VS other coaches before this 3 game streak was pretty bleak, but it looks like some of last years shining stars have lost their luster.

Make your own analogies ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Stacking up the coaches

You all know my stance on this.

I believe this coaching staff (and not just the Chiller) have done a great job with these kids not only this year, but last year as well.

None of those coaches listed had a 85% turnover in players and the front office personnel of this organization pre-Wilf was non existent.

We sucked at drafting, couldn't win on the road and sure the hell couldn't win on natural grass. We had a few stars but no depth and no big picture/long term plan.

Since taking over this staff has crafted a vision, followed that vision with the support of the front office staff/owner group and had us in every game (except 3 or 4) and continue to add to our talent pool by drafting wisely.

With that said, the recent wins are attributed by most on here as a change in mindset or scheme by the current coaching staff.
    I don't give them the credit.
    I believe the staff is still doing the same things, running the same kinds of practices, following the same routines.

The recent success can be directly related to the team executing what they have been taught to the players by the coaches over the last 2 years.

Player execution most recently, a hell of alot of coaching leading up to it.
    Its not rocket science.

Long story short, it isn't wins and losses that convinced me that our team would grow into a team that will contend for years to come, but rather the idea that they wanted to start over and do something different than what wasn't working.

By the way, this should be a very fun thread my friend.
    Thanks.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:

I believe this coaching staff (and not just the Chiller) have done a great job with these kids not only this year, but last year as well.

None of those coaches listed had a 85% turnover in players and the front office personnel of this organization pre-Wilf was non existent.

We sucked at drafting, couldn't win on the road and sure the hell couldn't win on natural grass. We had a few stars but no depth and no big picture/long term plan.

Since taking over this staff has crafted a vision, followed that vision with the support of the front office staff/owner group and had us in every game (except 3 or 4) and continue to add to our talent pool by drafting wisely.

With that said, the recent wins are attributed by most on here as a change in mindset or scheme by the current coaching staff.
    I believe the staff is still doing the same things, running the same kinds of practices, following the same routines.

The recent success can be directly related to the team executing what they have been taught to the players by the coaches over the last 2 years.

Its not rocket science.

Long story short, it isn't wins and losses that convinced me that our team would grow into a team that will contend for years to come, but rather the idea that they wanted to start over and do something different than what wasn't working.

Thanks.
    ;D
    I'm starting to believe, Marr!!! I'm starting to believe!!!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple D is offline Starter

"Marrdro" wrote:

Its not rocket science.

Thanks.

;D
    Good post my friend.

I think that when you stack them up after 5 years.
    You might find out that the ones that did better right away were benefitted from the coach before them.
    The ones that are doing better after 5 years are the good coaches because they installed there gameplan and system and built there teams by there standards.
    The ones that did good and are still doing good, well they are just good.
    ;D
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

while i agree with you marrdor...

i'll have to disagree in that, Chilly did change a bit, in his attitude with the players as well as adjusting the game plan a little and listening to the veterans..

I read an article today saying how things have changed since the greenbay game and how everyone is taking practices more seriously, studying a lot more and working harder in the weight room..

I think he used the green bay game and a motivation and a Us against the world Belichek mentality that the team is really buying into...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

Its not rocket science.

Thanks.
    ;D
    I think that Green Bay has gone through as many or more changes than we have. IMO McCarthy and their organization have done an outstanding job of bringing in young talent and getting the most from them. Do you remember the fans reaction to their number 1 pick? The fans were ready to revolt. Prior to last year we on this site were saying that the Packers were going to be the worst NFL team in a decade and we put up that INT counter and by the end of the year they had us eating crow. And with the rise of Rodgers as a backup they may be poised to convert from farve without a glitch. I contribute that to a stable front office that can change coaches but keeps the same scheme and philosophy which allows them to keep plugging along. Hopefully our front office can become that same way in time.

As to the others, we are certainly gaining on them and have a chance to overtake them in success, but at this point it is hard to say. We are coming off 3 wins and if we keep that up we will be fine. If we start to sandbag it starting next week it could easily go the other way.

It will be much more fun finding out if we win a few lol.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    How does Childress stack up against the other coaches in his rookie class so far this year?

McCarthy-GB

10-2
    Linehan-St L

3-9
    Marinelli-Det.

6-6
    Payton-NO

5-7
    Mangini-NYJ

3-9
    Kubiak- Hou

5-7

I think that is all of the coaches that were hired at same time as Childress. The two things that I have been judging him by are his record compared to other coaches with the same tenure and his record against our division.

The win vs Detroit really saved his butt from the fires of hell in the divisional spreadsheet( ;DMarr) even though he is still in the red and has a ways to redeem himself. The record VS other coaches before this 3 game streak was pretty bleak, but it looks like some of last years shining stars have lost their luster.

Make your own analogies ;D
    Actually;

McCarthy - GB

18-10
    Payton - NO

15-13
    Mangini - NYJ

13-15
    Childress -MN

12-16
    Kubiak - Hou

11-17
    Linehan - St L

11-17
    Marinelli - Det.

9-19

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    while i agree with you marrdor...

i'll have to disagree in that, Chilly did change a bit, in his attitude with the players as well as adjusting the game plan a little and listening to the veterans..

I read an article today saying how things have changed since the greenbay game and how everyone is taking practices more seriously, studying a lot more and working harder in the weight room..

I think he used the green bay game and a motivation and a Us against the world Belichek mentality that the team is really buying into...
    I read the same article(s).
    That isn't quite how I interpreted them.

I kindof took away from them that the players have changed and have alot more focus and not so much that the coaches have changed.

Has the Chiller changed?
    Probably to some point, however, he is still gonna be that authoritarian figure of this team with the Belicheck kindof mentality.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Its not rocket science.

Thanks.

;D
    I think that Green Bay has gone through as many or more changes than we have. IMO McCarthy and their organization have done an outstanding job of bringing in young talent and getting the most from them. Do you remember the fans reaction to their number 1 pick? The fans were ready to revolt. Prior to last year we on this site were saying that the Packers were going to be the worst NFL team in a decade and we put up that INT counter and by the end of the year they had us eating crow. And with the rise of Rodgers as a backup they may be poised to convert from farve without a glitch. I contribute that to a stable front office that can change coaches but keeps the same scheme and philosophy which allows them to keep plugging along. Hopefully our front office can become that same way in time.

As to the others, we are certainly gaining on them and have a chance to overtake them in success, but at this point it is hard to say. We are coming off 3 wins and if we keep that up we will be fine. If we start to sandbag it starting next week it could easily go the other way.

It will be much more fun finding out if we win a few lol.
    Very nice post my friend, however,
    we are a whopping 1 year (total) older than them when you add up
    thier starters vs our starters.
    But they are significantly older at a couple of key positions were we aren't i.e. QB.

Like it or not, if we had a Brett Favre like QB our WR's would be better, our line would look better our stats would be better.

Because of that one position, McCarthy has had the luxury of winning a few more games than the Chiller.
    Rogers did look good the other night but I wonder were this team would be at without Lord Favre and what would McCarthy's record be vs the Chillers?

"C" wrote:
    I'm starting to believe, Marr!!! I'm starting to believe!!!
    Your cracking me up my friend....... ;D

Quick question for you and all the others who seemed to have changed your mind over the last few weeks.
    Will you still believe if we go out and lay an egg against the 49rs this week?

Will he still be the same coach?
    Will it be his fault?

I for one won't jump the ship as I know that we will still have highs and lows with this team probably into next year as we continue to shape the team of the future.

Lets not forget, we still have issues that need to be addressed before this is a real damn good team that can contend for anything other than a wildcard spot in 07 my friends.

We are getting damn close though aren't we?

Someone once said........

The future is bright and nearer than some want to believe.
    ;D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast