Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Stacked defensive lines are slowing down Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson

[size=13pt]Stacked defensive lines are slowing down Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson[/size]

Vikings expect similar looks from Redskins

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 12/21/2007 12:57:17 AM CST

After a humbling 3-yard rushing game at San Francisco, Adrian Peterson said he felt he got back on track in Monday night's victory over Chicago, but it's not like he ran wild....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Stacked defensive lines are slowing down Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson

I know the Chiller is going to call a flea-flicker real soon... Richarson, followed by AD who turns and laterals the ball back to T-Jack, with the Defense collapsed to stop the run we'd have T-Will, Wade, or Fergy wide open downfield. Sounds perfect, and I bet we see it in the next few games. Pull out all the stops Bevell.

We must also start throwing down the seam, and hitting some screens, slants, and just mix it up a little. Back them off the line of scrimmage and then hit them with the run.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah we need to run some Play action bootlegs, PA screens to adrian... anything to catch the defense off guard in a blitz.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Our TE should be getting 12 receptions a game with the defenses we are seeing

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Peterson and his blockers figure to have their work cut out again on Sunday night against Washington, which ranks ninth in the NFL against the run, allowing 98.0 yards a game.
    I saw a couple of you (in the Redskins don't respect us thread) saying how easy it will be to run on them.

Lets not forget this point my friends.

As to screens, reverses, etc, believe it or not, those take more time than a straight handdoff or a quick slant.
    If the OL isn't stopping the rush those things don't work and often end up in zero yards gained.

Don't get me wrong, they are all part of the scheme but again, they are not as easy to run as most seem to think.
    The best way to attack a good pass rush is to run straight at the rusher or to throw quick passes rather than running gadget plays.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

When our passing game is "on" (or we develop a moe consistant one) teams will not be able to do this and then they will be in big trouble.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Peterson and his blockers figure to have their work cut out again on Sunday night against Washington, which ranks ninth in the NFL against the run, allowing 98.0 yards a game.
    I saw a couple of you (in the Redskins don't respect us thread) saying how easy it will be to run on them.

As to screens, reverses, etc, believe it or not, those take more time than a straight handdoff or a quick slant.
    If the OL isn't stopping the rush those things don't work and often end up in zero yards gained.

Don't get me wrong, they are all part of the scheme but again, they are not as easy to run as most seem to think.
    The best way to attack a good pass rush is to run straight at the rusher or to throw quick passes rather than running gadget plays.
    The big thing is for AD to be able to pick up a run blitzer on play action... they still believe we only run with him on the field and they bring the house.
    If he doesn't get the ball he needs to be able to slow down everyone coming after him from getting to TJack for long enough to get the ball out.
    Against the Bears, he missed that a few times.
    I really think TJack will have 300+ yards against the Skins... this is a must win game... I would not be surprised to see more shot gun formations with AD deep beside TJack to totally confuse the D.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

With Landry possibly out, it will be very tough for them to run the cover 3 with a single safety.
    They are signing up some replacements at safety.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

The big thing is for AD to be able to pick up a run blitzer on play action... they still believe we only run with him on the field and they bring the house.
    If he doesn't get the ball he needs to be able to slow down everyone coming after him from getting to TJack for long enough to get the ball out.
    Against the Bears, he missed that a few times.
    I really think TJack will have 300+ yards against the Skins... this is a must win game... I would not be surprised to see more shot gun formations with AD deep beside TJack to totally confuse the D.
    Some of AD's blocking woes can also be attributed to TJ's pre-snap calls/adjustments that are usually adjustments the backs make on thier blitz assignments.
    Of course TJ makes his based on what he sees and what the C (Birk) has called.

If both Birk and TJ do thier jobs reading the D then AD should be able to pick the blitzer up if it is his responsibility.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Our TE should be getting 12 receptions a game with the defenses we are seeing
    It's pretty clear that TE is not meant to be a big receiving threat in our offense. Sure they might get one big catch a game, but that's it.

It would be interesting to see how we fare when using playaction and compare it to when TJ drops straight back. That 10 square-in to Wade was open all day vs. Chicago.

Also, I am so gald we stopped using Chester and AD on the field at the same time. I've been saying it all year. A pro bowl FB blocker is better than a decoy.

I just hope we don't try to catch them off guard by passing early. That has worked maybe twice all year. Stick to your guns!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast