Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Sproles - a must sign

Not the end if the world to explore... Sure, a rookie is cheaper. But, Sproles would be a great add if not too expensive. But, not even close to a "must sign."

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    That would be true if they both played like their age, but they don't. Both are still very good players. Sproles will not be expensive, and you don't have to sign him long term.
    perfectly said

and dri archer is not built like sproles... and if you wanna compare highlight tapes. check out sproles college tape. might be the most redic u will ever see

we are a 5 win team and we are almost 40 mil under the cap... why is everyone being so frugle right now?

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    we are a 5 win team and we are almost 40 mil under the cap... why is everyone being so frugle right now?
    Because they want to re-build through the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by VikingsFan1234 View Post
    Because they want to re-build through the draft?
    so a 2 year deal to sproles is going to stop that when your 40 mil under the cap?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    perfectly said

and dri archer is not built like sproles... and if you wanna compare highlight tapes. check out sproles college tape. might be the most redic u will ever see
    Dude was a monster at KS... My favorite team.

johnkdbr is offline Training Camp
    Sproles would be a nice 3rd down back if we can get him for reasonable money. I think OG is a much higher priority. Our FA money needs to go to a couple of defensive studs. DE, DT & LB.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Well, we do need a backup RB and Sproles even has history with Turner from SD days. Also, we could use another weapon in the passing game, and with 3 straight years of over 70 receptions averaging ~8.5 yards/catch he certainly does that. He's pretty much a slot receiver and RB depth. Probably a pretty good fit, and not that expensive if he can be had in that 2-3 mil/year range for 2 or 3 years. AP is getting up there in years and carries, perhaps we do need to consider rotating somebody in for him a bit more often...

But, personally, I'm kinda lookin forward to seeing AP catch some passes in Turner's offense too. And, there are options at RB depth available in mid-late draft, UDFA, and vet FAs, so it isn't a big deal if he decides he wants to catch passes from Peyton Manning or Tom Brady either. It'd be pretty hard to blame him for that!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

I wouldn't mind so much if the price is right. We have way more pressing needs than adding another running back to the roster who is older than the one we already have on hand. I would rather find a spry, hungry rookie in the later rounds IMHO.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan620 View Post
    You wanna draft a Sproles like player??? Then you better get a guy by the name of Dri Archer from Kent State in round 5 or 6... if you havent seen any tape on him,please check it out, he is crazy explosive and talented...
    yep you can get a guy like dri via draft ..inexpensive with a huge upside .just because you have 40 mil in cap money doesnt mean you throw a few mil here and there ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast