Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Sportsline Grade: B-

I think the Packers and the media have had a little fling a while back. They met up at a bed and breakfast out in Maine and spent a torrid, passionate weekend together.

Y'all are sounding like the jilted lover who got dumped by the media when it returned home from that love-fest weekend.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

lol.... leave it to you to use that analogy los...

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

In the local paper here today there was draft ratings, I am not sure what organization published them but the vikes got a A- and the cheeseheads got a D or D-. As far as the shoulder goes, Mike Tice had 1 player come in before the draft (Udeze) the doctors looked at him completely and they said it won't be a problem, Pete Carroll said he can absolutely play with the shoulder, E.J. Henderson played witht he same injury last year so it seems it will be OK.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

The problem is the vikings have a tendancy to choke. Thats why the media doesn't respect them. They might possibly be the only team that hasn't won a superbowl thats been around since the early days of the league. They are consistantly inconsistant if you get what i mean. It is always assumed that the vikings will fall off at the end of the year or in the playoffs and from past results they have. Until they can actually win a superbowl, i dont think they will get much respect.
    Deliver us oh Lord, from the Fury of the Northmen.
    "Anonymous Christian Monk"

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Unfortunalty VikingsExpress is right.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Look at Prisco's mocks, and articles, I take everything he says with a grain of salt. Now go see what espn said, and foxsports guy that votes for Hall of Famers...their grades are much more imo, accurate.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Ohhh boo! Make that SI.com, lol, Paul Zimmerman. not Foxsports, though Czar isn't bad.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Personally, anyone who is a "name" usually isn't worth reading if you're looking for insightful commentary. They're more in it for the entertainment value. I've seen the Vikes rated anywhere from a B- to an A, and I would say it falls right in the middle.

I've seen the Packers rated all the way from a D- to a B, and I think it really falls right in the middle.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

If you go to any of the USC football message boards they all say the shoulder injury is nothing to be alarmed about. USC fans also think we got another SOD!!

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

KENECHI UDEZE: BKU did not go nearly as high in the first round as was expected. Nagging questions about his shoulder injury hampered. However, he finds himself in a good environment as the 20th overall pick with the Minnesota Vikings. He joins a team that was one play away from winning the division. Minnesota should be favored to win it this year with some of the additions that they have made, namely CB Antoine Winfield, WR Marcus Robinson, and P Darren Bennett. The Vikings were potent offensively last season, but their defense flat out stunk. After a good start in which they lived off turnovers, the defense collapsed in the middle of the season. In weeks 8-13, they gave up 29, 30, 42, 28, 14, and 48 points. They settled down at the end, but the damage was done. Much of the problem was a very inconsistent pass rush that generally needed some blitzing to generate sacks. The Vikings were also a mediocre 17th in the league against the run, and gave up 4.9 yards per carry, second worst in the NFL.

Udeze has a good opportunity as a result. The Vikings do not have a great stable of ends. Kenny Mixon is a good one, but guys like Chuck Wiley, Lance Johnstone, and Billy Lyon are mediocre at best. The end position was such a weakness that 2003 first round pick Kevin Williams, who was drafted as a tackle, played end last year. Kenechi has a great chance to start if he plays well in camp. A quick start would push Williams back to tackle, and combining the two with Mixon and Chris Hovan would give the Vikings a solid defensive line. I would be surprise if BKU isn’t getting a taste of the playoffs next year. Udeze will team up with fellow Trojan Chris Claiborne on defense.

---from USC Message Boards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast