ram29jackson is offline Waterboy

Sportsfan-Packer fan- Favre fan- Vikings great first half season- Bears next

Favre and Vikings are done with first half and in lead ! They played Pitt close and beat the Ravens !
    The Bears are still waiting to play the Vikings and like the Pack is 4-3, still lingering 3 games behind.
    The second half looks a tad tougher with the bears, Benngals, Cards, and Giants left to play.

I just pray the line protects Favre and he leaves each game healthy with 5 or 6 wins. than the trully hard part begins. Favre is still the poster boy for the NFL with Manning close behind heh.

By the way, what time zone is this site in ? i'm in California and its 6:28 pm

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Sportsfan-Packer fan- Favre fan- Vikings great first half season- Bears next

Central.

2 hours ahead of you.

You can change your time setting on the site in your profile.

echizen20 is offline Rookie

Re: Sportsfan-Packer fan- Favre fan- Vikings great first half season- Bears next

"ram29jackson" wrote:
    Favre and Vikings are done with first half and in lead ! They played Pitt close and beat the Ravens !
    The Bears are still waiting to play the Vikings and like the Pack is 4-3, still lingering 3 games behind.
    The second half looks a tad tougher with the bears, Benngals, Cards, and Giants left to play.

I just pray the line protects Favre and he leaves each game healthy with 5 or 6 wins. than the trully hard part begins. Favre is still the poster boy for the NFL with Manning close behind heh.

I don't believe the 2nd half of their schedule is any tougher than their first half.
    3 consecutive home games against the lions, seahawks, and then bears.
    Those should all be winnable.
    Then we travel to play the inconsistent cardinals who i don't think can beat us even at their best vs our best.
    We come back home to play the surprising Bengals team who could beat us but I dont see that happening at the metrodome.
    After that we travel to play the Panthers that have been disappointing so far and we should beat them as long as we dont get lazy.
    Then travel to play the Bears in cold weather and see this as a close and tough game.
    Finally we play the Giants at home.
    I predict us going 7-1 after the buy but think its very possible we go 5-2 too.

[/quote]

I don't believe the 2nd half of their schedule is any tougher than their first half.
    Then we travel to play the inconsistent cardinals who i don't think can beat us even at their best vs our best.
    We come back home to play the surprising Bengals team who could beat us but I dont see that happening at the metrodome.
    After that we travel to play the Panthers that have been disappointing so far and we should beat them as long as we dont get lazy.
    Then travel to play the Bears in cold weather and see this as a close and tough game.

[/quote]

I didnt mention Panthers, Seahawks , Lions for obvious reasons heh. But i wouldnt be too confident against
    the Cards . A weak point for Vikings is their secondary

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"ram29jackson" wrote:

Lets take a look at the next 5 games.
    Vikes
    Sun 11/15 Detroit Lions - W
    Sun 11/22 Seattle Seahawks - W
    Sun 11/29 Chicago Bears -W
    Record
    = 10 - 1

Bears
    Thu 11/12 San Francisco 49ers at San Francisco - L
    Sun 11/22 Philadelphia Eagles - L
    Sun 11/29 Minnesota Vikings at Minnesota - L
    Sun 12/6 St. Louis Rams - W
    Record = 5 - 6

That puts the season a way.
    The Beards would still have to play

Sun 12/13 Green Bay Packers - W
    Sun 12/20 Baltimore Ravens at Bmore - L
    Mon 12/28 Minnesota Vikings - W
    Sun 1/3 Detroit Lions at Det - W

At best I have them with 8 wins. A more realistic total is 6 wins. The packers will have to win 3 more games than us to beat us due to the sweep.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

"echizen20" wrote:
    "ram29jackson" wrote:

Your math is a little off, but I see what your saying.

Detroit-W
    Seattle-W
    Chicago-W
    @Arz-W
    Cin-W
    @Car-W
    @Chi-L
    NYG-W

These are my predictions based on what I've seen the first 8 weeks.
    The Giants may be fighting for their playoff lives much as we were last year against them, while we may be resting starters (i disagree with doing that and hope Chiller refuses to do so), and the Giants could be much improved by then.
    Arz is jekyll and hyde, so who knows which team will show.
    Cincy is solid and will test us, but the homer dome is the loudest and will be the difference.
    Carolina is down but will be tough.
    After we blow Chicago out at home, they will be waiting for us at Soldier on a cold Monday night with a rowdy crowd (i will be there).

I'll take 7-1 the second half of the season.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

realistically I would say 5 and 3 in the second half.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"echizen20" wrote:
    "ram29jackson" wrote:

We come back home to play [size=10pt]the surprising Bengals[/size] team who could beat us but I dont see that happening at the metrodome.
    ....snicker......

Not all of us are suprised my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Second half maybe easier but is full of pitfalls:

Detroit-W
    Seattle-W
    What seems like two winnable games could be traps if the Vikes do their "play to the level of their competition" slow start crap, like they did with the Browns and Lions first time around.
    My hope is Favre will keep the team on track and NOT allow them to become lazy

Chicago-W
    Should be winnable if Cutler continues to put in sub-70 ratings and they are also coming off a tough game against the Eagles.

@Arz-????
    Don't be so fast.
    Normally I'm down on the Cards, but they are one of the most inconsistant team around.
    They aren't in a commanding lead in the NFCW like last year and are probably after some payback for the 35-14 beatdown.

Cin-???
    This team has playing good ball.
    Palmer, Benson, and Ocho are all capable of going off in a game.
    The AFCN is a battle royal and I imagine it will be when we face them too.

@Car-W
    They rely on the rush, stop the rush and they are nothing.

@Chi-???
    Depends on Cutler and conditions.
    If bad Cutler shows up the Vikes win a nice brawling ground game.

NYG-???
    Totally depends on teams records.
    If the Vikes have locked up home field or the win doesn't matter, the Chilly will play the game soft.
    If the game matters to both sides, I think the Vikes win a close one.

I see 4 wins and 4???.

I don't see any seeming losses like @IND, @NE or @PHI.

Worst case 11-5 but IMO they could be 15-1 also if Chilly gets some fire and killer instinct.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]