COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Sports Writers make no sense

Last year ESPN picked the Vikes to possibly win the Super Bowl. Well, you all know how that ended up. So we have upgraded our offensive line, our defensive line, Running back, and LB corps with players who shold make an immediate impact and improve our team.
    You'd think we'd rate pretty good among the press corps.
    But no! We are rated #16 at the Running back position and 20th at the QB position. ESPN still has ratings for Pass Defense, Pass Catchers, and Run Defense to go. I'll bet we rank in the lower half of each of those groups.
    Now, for the meat of what I'm saying. I think sports writers get enamored by certain teams. Take New England, Indianapolis, and the Steelers. These are the "darling" teams in the NFL right now. Dallas is making a move upward. And until the Vikings prove them wrong, we will always be rated in the bottom 1/2 of the league.
    MY PREDICTION: In 2 years suddenly Minnesota will be a "darling" team and rated near the top again.
    Sports writers are such turds!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Sports Writers make no sense

Its because the love for Minnesota Football sucks because we lost our Key Features and also because we have a bunch of no names it seems...but wait and see it will be a good year

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    Its because the love for Minnesota Football sucks because we lost our Key Features and also because we have a bunch of no names it seems...but wait and see it will be a good year
    i hope so all i want is a winning season or a really bad one so we can get brady quinn next years draft or a good seaon and trade up to get brady quinn i prefer the second one
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

You got it Trench...Im a Notre Dame fan...I like Brady alot and if hes a Viking i Will love it

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    We are rated #16 at the Running back position and 20th at the QB position. ESPN still has ratings for Pass Defense, Pass Catchers, and Run Defense to go. I'll bet we rank in the lower half of each of those groups.
    I think this is a fair rating for our QB and RB position. There are a lot of unknowns at each spot. Our feature RB looks very good on paper, but is unproven as an every down back. Our starting QB is a good QB, but didn't excel against decent teams last season, and our backup options are about as raw as they get. There is little debate that our OL has one of the best left sides in the NFL. That, IMO, should have upped our rating a little bit, but I still think the rating was fair.

Pass Catchers will probably be a middle of the pack or lower rating too. KoRo has not had his comeback year at WR (yet), and TWill is only in his sophomore year. The other WRs and TEs will be learning a new system, so that will probably affect their numbers this year.

Pass and Run Defense? Expect it to be low. Our LB and Secondary is suspect still. I have a lot of optimism for this coming season, but I don't think there is any offensive coord out there lying awake at night because they have us in their schedule. Maybe by mid season, when we start to dominate opponents, but not now. :wink:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

boognish is offline Coordinator

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Last year ESPN picked the Vikes to possibly win the Super Bowl. Well, you all know how that ended up. So we have upgraded our offensive line, our defensive line, Running back, and LB corps with players who shold make an immediate impact and improve our team.
    You'd think we'd rate pretty good among the press corps.
    But no! We are rated #16 at the Running back position and 20th at the QB position. ESPN still has ratings for Pass Defense, Pass Catchers, and Run Defense to go. I'll bet we rank in the lower half of each of those groups.
    Now, for the meat of what I'm saying. I think sports writers get enamored by certain teams. Take New England, Indianapolis, and the Steelers. These are the "darling" teams in the NFL right now. Dallas is making a move upward. And until the Vikings prove them wrong, we will always be rated in the bottom 1/2 of the league.
    MY PREDICTION: In 2 years suddenly Minnesota will be a "darling" team and rated near the top again.
    Sports writers are such turds!
    Last year it was all about Daunte. Everyone, including me, thought that he would perform at the level he did in 2004 and that the loss of Moss wouldn't even be felt. We also added some defensive players and looked poised to make a Super Bowl run.

Unfortunately, we all know how it turned out. Dainty folded like a house of cards and Tice and Cotrell proved that they couldn't coach themselves out of a cardboard box.

Now everything is new...new coaching staff, new RB, new #1 WR, new OL. Can't say I blame the media for being a little gunshy regarding the Vikes this year; a lot of people looked like idiots after picking us to do so well last year. I'm hopeful that we have what it takes to win the division, but it also wouldn't surprise me too much if we missed the playoffs alltogether.
    I am a dipshit!!!

its becouse last year Pep was coming off a MVP caliber season and now we have a QB that none of the writers respect.

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

yah i don't know about the moss trade but i think letting go culpepper will be for the better

Formerly Viking24

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Improved our running backs?

The jury is still out on that one. I haven't seen C-Tay run the ball yet, so any judgement in that respect would be premature.

So far, all I heard about him is his work ethic is sub-par. There is nothing pointing in the improvement direction yet.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

I THINK the purple cow gets my vote for best username
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel