Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Sporting News Says 6-10

Give me a break, y'all will be calling for Childress's head by the end of week four.

Childress need guys to buy in.......there are too many key holdovers from last season that will give up if the going gets rough.

Tice was starting to finally get his chance and i think Ziggy pulled the plug a little too quick.

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Its realistic is what it is, cant hate them for being realistic or offense is horrible. Our defense will win us our games this year.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    Its realistic is what it is, cant hate them for being realistic or offense is horrible. Our defense will win us our games this year.
    I could see us anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. I don't agree that our offense is horrible though. We have a good, veteran quarterback, solid receivers, a good corps of running backs and what may shape up to be a heck of an offensive line. We're not one of the best offenses, but I'd say we're middle of the pack.

There's NO WAY the Packers finish ahead of us, and there's NO WAY the Bears win the division at 8-8. I think 10-6 or 11-5 wins it this year. It took at least that last year, and I believe the Vikes, the Bears and the Lions have all gotten better this offseason.

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    I think it will be better than last year as we have a much better offensive line, leading to a better everything else.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

We have been so spoiled over the years taking the "big play" for granted. We started to lose that capability last year and this year will be even worse.

ZDoy379 is offline Starter

How can we be that bad. We won more games than that when brad johsnon began starting. I do not see how it's possible that we will lose more games. We got a better coah cuz everyone is better than Tice. Good coaches to go along with it. The WCO and the Minny 2 will win more than 6 games.

Our offense isn't a lot worse, you could argue its better. we lost pep obviously, but we got a better O line, a good (although, I admit, a little inexperienced) the only good WR we lost is Nate, and he did bad last year. Kleinsasser and Birk are healthy. Although the O won't be great, I don't think it will be horrible. Our D is also better than last year.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

I say 10-6 about with us winning the division with not total certainy after watching the many disapointing seasons we had before with me yelling at the tv the most of the time. I mean we got Richardson, Leber, Taylor, Greenway, Williams, Longwell, Griffin, as well as having T-Will recover. Not to mention we didn't really lose anyone other than Pep and Burly who really had only a negative impact last year. Also with Hutchinson coming in along with a featured runner in Chester Taylor our running game should be prime. Unlike last year when we had to rely on Pep to throw on every down other then giving it to Bennet or our other 4 running backs. Plus Birk has returned. Along with PEP gone Johnson can play all the games without a doubt of them winning. Things can only get better so I say we win 2 more games then last years record

Formerly Viking24

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    We have been so spoiled over the years taking the "big play" for granted. We started to lose that capability last year and this year will be even worse.
    Screw the Big Play!

I want to see them move the chains in 10-play drives which chew up the clock, keep the defense rested and result in 2-yard TD plunges by Chester Taylor behind Steve Hutchinson & Bryant McKinnie.

THAT'S how you win games and championships!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Skyliner is offline Rookie

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "umaguma1979" wrote:
    Screw the Big Play!

I want to see them move the chains in 10-play drives which chew up the clock, keep the defense rested and result in 2-yard TD plunges by Chester Taylor behind Steve Hutchinson & Bryant McKinnie.

THAT'S how you win games and championships!

=Z=
    I'm still looking forwards to a couple on big plays from guys like Sharper on D and Koren Robinson and Moore on special teams.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast