Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Sporting News Puts 4 Vikings in their Top 25 Players for '09 List

To me, this is a pretty accurate list. I don't agree with everything, but for the most part it's on point.

The main one I'd question is Stephen Jackson. I'd replace him with someone like Patrick Willis.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Not a terrible list.
    Clady that high this early in his career is a bit of a reach...it will be interesting to see how he does without Shanahan's schemes and Culter.

KWill is the mofo'n MAN!!
    How many other DTs have 4 INTs for 2 TDs?!!?
    One of our best picks ever, despite the debacle!
    I'd easily put him in the top ten, possible top 5!
    His #s vs. the 100 million dollar man pretty much say it all.
    Actually, him and Allen are one hell of a pair!!
    Both are solid vs. run or pass and play their asses off every friggin play!!
    BAAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Look out QBs, the Vikings are coming for YOU!!

8)

Guess I don't know much about Ware...not sure if he belongs way up there...?

Overall, nice to see 4 of our guys make the tops...and none of them are questionable.
    Really says something about our where we are as a team!
    And, they didn't count EJ, who if healthy, is better than Urlacher at this point in their careers.
    joe thomas is better than clady or who ever that tackle is.

so why isnt he on that list? hes a top 5 left tackle in the league.

and why isnt LT on that list? hes had one not as good season and hes not top 25 anymore? what the heck?

and ware shouldnt be up in the top 5. top 15 at best. because all he does is rush the passer. and if you go by that might as well stick joey porter up there on that list with him.

and dwight freeney? haha guy is no where near what he used to be. stick fat pat on there instead of him. 2 straight years of being the #1 rush defence and he still doesnt get any love? whats up with that?

and why isnt ed reed or champ bailey on that list? bailey is a top 3 cornerback still and ed reed is a game changing saftey and top 3 at saftey also.

and why is anquan boldin not on that list? didnt he lead the league in touchdown catchs last year? and also why urlacher on that list? he isnt as dominate as he used to be. demeco ryans or patrick willis should be on there in his place or ej henderson. ej has been a dominate force of late at MLB so he should get some credit

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Not a terrible list.
    Clady that high this early in his career is a bit of a reach...it will be interesting to see how he does without Shanahan's schemes and Culter.

Both are solid vs. run or pass and play their dimply buttocks off every friggin play!!
    8)

Overall, nice to see 4 of our guys make the tops...and none of them are questionable.
    And, they didn't count EJ, who if healthy, is better than Urlacher at this point in their careers.

and why isnt LT on that list? hes had one not as good season and hes not top 25 anymore? what the heck?

and ware shouldnt be up in the top 5. top 15 at best. because all he does is rush the passer. and if you go by that might as well stick joey porter up there on that list with him.

and dwight freeney? haha guy is no where near what he used to be. stick fat pat on there instead of him. 2 straight years of being the #1 rush defence and he still doesnt get any love? whats up with that?

and why isnt ed reed or champ bailey on that list? bailey is a top 3 cornerback still and ed reed is a game changing saftey and top 3 at saftey also.

and why is anquan boldin not on that list? didnt he lead the league in touchdown catchs last year? and also why urlacher on that list? he isnt as dominate as he used to be. demeco ryans or patrick willis should be on there in his place or ej henderson. ej has been a dominate force of late at MLB so he should get some credit
    True, Joe Thomas is very good. But Clady only gave up a half of a sack last year as a rookie. That has a lot to do with why he's on there.

You make a good point about Freeney, he's one of the few on that list that I'd question.

Ed Reed and Anquan Boldin are both on the list, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Not a terrible list.

Both are solid vs. run or pass and play their asses off every friggin play!!

8)

Boldin is on the list, he's #19, ahead of Moss, which I
    disagree with. Boldin tied for 3rd(with Moss) for most TDs.

I agree with pretty much everything you said there, except for Champ Bailey. I don't think he's anywhere near the player he used to be. He's coming off of a 9 game season due to injury, so that drops his ranking a bit IMO.
    He only had one pick last season, and was part of the 26th ranked pass defense in the NFL. While that doesn't reflect him as an individual. I don't know what his numbers were like in terms of how often he was tested last season. I'm curious to see how he plays next year, but for now, I don't think he's a top 25 guy.

And putting Troy Polamalu and Shawne Merriman ahead of Nnamdi Asomugha is asinine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123