Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Sporting News Magazine projection for Williamson

Robinson is only one year older then moss.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I dunno, I don't expect a whole lot from Williamson this year. He will probably start the season as the 4-5th receiver (if he doesn't hurry to camp I'm leaning towards 5). I don't expect him to play on every down, they will most likely bring him in on obvious passing situations, or design a few plays to highlight his speed.

Hopefully he will pan out in the future, but for the amount of production the coaches seem to expect to get out of him this year you kind of have to wonder how they rated him as the #1 WR in the draft.
    I see him starting as the 4th receiver because I know he is better than campbell and eventually through the season I can see him working his way past Taylor or Robinson as the 3rd but who knows. We all had questions about Moss before we drafted him. For all we know Williamson could be the next Moss. (please don't yell at me for making comparasins.
    Yeah. Robinson is getting older and that opens up a spot at WR for Williamson. I am concerned about who is going to be a End Zone threat when we lose Robinson. I hope Burleson developes into a great possesion receiver and allows us to play our speedy WR's.
    Burleson should be able to be an end zone threat. Randy was know for his ability to out jump the defenders in the end zone to score for us.

Nate burleson has a 42 1/2 vertical leap. Moss's was 38. Randy is 6'4 and nate is 6'0. Nate should be able to jump over defenders just like Randy was able to.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"magicci" wrote:
    Robinson is only one year older then moss.
    Yeah, but he doesn't play like Moss. I think being younger and more atheletic (hopefully) will help Troy earn the #3 spot this year. Bring in Troy for long yardage and 3rd down and bring in Robinson for the red zone.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Nate burleson has a 42 1/2 vertical leap. Moss's was 38. Randy is 6'4 and nate is 6'0. Nate should be able to jump over defenders just like Randy was able to.
    does that mean he can get higher then moss if you do the difference in math?

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"magicci" wrote:
    does that mean he can get higher then moss if you do the difference in math?
    yeah, a half inch higher.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I dunno, I don't expect a whole lot from Williamson this year. He will probably start the season as the 4-5th receiver (if he doesn't hurry to camp I'm leaning towards 5). I don't expect him to play on every down, they will most likely bring him in on obvious passing situations, or design a few plays to highlight his speed.

Hopefully he will pan out in the future, but for the amount of production the coaches seem to expect to get out of him this year you kind of have to wonder how they rated him as the #1 WR in the draft.
    I see him starting as the 4th receiver because I know he is better than campbell and eventually through the season I can see him working his way past Taylor or Robinson as the 3rd but who knows. We all had questions about Moss before we drafted him. For all we know Williamson could be the next Moss. (please don't yell at me for making comparasins.
    Yeah. Robinson is getting older and that opens up a spot at WR for Williamson. I am concerned about who is going to be a End Zone threat when we lose Robinson. I hope Burleson developes into a great possesion receiver and allows us to play our speedy WR's.
    Burleson should be able to be an end zone threat. Randy was know for his ability to out jump the defenders in the end zone to score for us.

Yes, thats true. but ther is more to being an end zone threat than vertical's sometimes. Robinson has the moves and finds ways to get open, I think hopefully Nate can learn to do the same. Good call on the vertical, i didn't know that.

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

I think Williamson will have 40-45 catches this year, and 5-7 TD's.

TroyWilliamson is offline Starter

williamson is pretty raw i expect very little of him for the first season maybe 20 catches and 5 TD's

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"TroyWilliamson" wrote:
    williamson is pretty raw i expect very little of him for the first season maybe 20 catches and 5 TD's
    that sounds realistic to me, but chop the TD's to 2 or 3

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I think I could agree with SN's prediction. Although I tend to think that he'll have around 40 or 50 catches, but that's just me. Normally, when your 1st rounder doesn't have a great year (as a RB or WR) it's kind of cause for alarm on your team (think the bucs if Cadillac doesn't play well), but I don't think so with us. I think we're solid enough at reciever that Williamson not lighting the world on fire wouldn't hurt us really. IMO.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast