Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vikesfan is offline Starter

Sporting News Magazine projection for Williamson

I was wondering if everybody else agreed or disagreed with this statement. Sporting News magazine says that T. Williamson will average over 17 yards per catch this year, but will catch less than 30 passes. I kind of agree with that statement for two reasons. First of all, with the other receivers we have, I think that Williamson will be brought on slowly and probably won't play a lot at the beginning of the year. And secondly, I see him being utilized mostly as a deep threat (sort of like Kelly Campbell has been). We have Burleson, M. Robinson, Wiggins, Kleinsasser, and our RB's for possession type receivers, and Taylor, T. Will, and Campbell to run the fly routes and deep posts, probably off of play action.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Sporting News Magazine projection for Williamson

i think he will have like 40 and 5 TD's

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I think that's a good "prediction." But let's face it, if our running game brakes down by injuries we'll have to revert to old habits and then the "prediction" goes out the window. He will then catch a LOT more.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I guess I agree with that. But what if he impresses everybody in training camp and ends up being our number 2 receiver? A longshot, but it could happen.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I say he catches 15-20 passes with 5-7 TDs....long ones....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i think he will stay number 3 like moss did his rookie year.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

im thinking around 30.. 30 isn't that hard to get.. Only a couple catches a game..

I think he will be our 4th receiver to start.. then works his way up into the 3rd slot..

Burleson, Taylor, Williamson, Robinson.. Thats how I see it being near the end of the season so he should get his fair share of catches

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I dunno, I don't expect a whole lot from Williamson this year. He will probably start the season as the 4-5th receiver (if he doesn't hurry to camp I'm leaning towards 5). I don't expect him to play on every down, they will most likely bring him in on obvious passing situations, or design a few plays to highlight his speed.

Hopefully he will pan out in the future, but for the amount of production the coaches seem to expect to get out of him this year you kind of have to wonder how they rated him as the #1 WR in the draft.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I dunno, I don't expect a whole lot from Williamson this year. He will probably start the season as the 4-5th receiver (if he doesn't hurry to camp I'm leaning towards 5). I don't expect him to play on every down, they will most likely bring him in on obvious passing situations, or design a few plays to highlight his speed.

Hopefully he will pan out in the future, but for the amount of production the coaches seem to expect to get out of him this year you kind of have to wonder how they rated him as the #1 WR in the draft.
    I see him starting as the 4th receiver because I know he is better than campbell and eventually through the season I can see him working his way past Taylor or Robinson as the 3rd but who knows. We all had questions about Moss before we drafted him. For all we know Williamson could be the next Moss. (please don't yell at me for making comparasins.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

I see him starting as the 4th receiver because I know he is better than campbell and eventually through the season I can see him working his way past Taylor or Robinson as the 3rd but who knows. We all had questions about Moss before we drafted him. For all we know Williamson could be the next Moss. (please don't yell at me for making comparasins.
    Yeah. Robinson is getting older and that opens up a spot at WR for Williamson. I am concerned about who is going to be a End Zone threat when we lose Robinson. I hope Burleson developes into a great possesion receiver and allows us to play our speedy WR's.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast