Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Sporting News article on Travis Taylor

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I'll hold my opinion on Taylor until he actually puts on some pads and is in danger of being decapitated.
    I thought only Packers got decapitated :lol:
    I.B.O.T. #213

smoot2boot is offline Rookie

I think he'll perform better than he ever has, if nothing else because he'll be catching passes from Dante instead of Boller.
    God, I hate you Joe Buck!

PurpleElf Guest

"smoot2boot" wrote:
    I think he'll perform better than he ever has, if nothing else because he'll be catching passes from Dante instead of Boller.
    Anyone could look a whole lot better catching passes from Daunte as opposed to Boller.

I expect around 800-1000 yards 6-10 td's if gets that im happy and im the coaching staff is too.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"OldManVike" wrote:
    This is a small cut from the NFL Off Season Blitz from the Sporting News.

--------------------------------------------------

WR Travis Taylor didn't receive the notoriety of some other free agent signings, but he might prove to be one of the team's shrewdest. During a recent minicamp, Taylor showed unexpected polish and technique and has a strong chance to be the team's No. 3 receiver. Taylor caught nearly everything thrown his way, mostly in the mid-range variety, and earned instant praise from QB Daunte Culpepper, who appreciated how he always found Taylor in the spot on the field that he was supposed to be in.

----------------------------------------------------

Thought that was interesting. Wasn't really that impressed with the free agent signing, but like the article implied, this could be something of a pleasant surprise.

Taylor the #3 WR??? Who is he talking about being the #2? Williamson is gonna be the #3, as Tice has already said they aren't gonna start him or throw him in there and overwhelm him. Maybe, williamson will be ready to start toward the end of the season, but taylor might just play good enough to stay a starter.

I see it as burleson at 1, taylor at 2, williamson at 3 and robinson at 4.

Regardless of who is #2 or #3, I see bigger #'s for taylor this season, than williamson.

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

yeah.. i agree with (above) I think taylor should be the number 2 until williamson catches on to the nfl

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"GQVikesfan" wrote:
    Just like how Brandon Stokely shined with Indianapolis.. I strongly believe that Travis Taylor will come out successful for us as well. Both recievers were in Baltimore and now we see what Stokely can do with Manning throwing him the ball.. I just cant wait to see Travis Taylor's real talent since he will have Daunte throwing him the ball now.
    I have always had high hopes for Travis Taylor. There was plenty of posts on here that said the same thing. He didn't have a QB in Baltimore. No he does. He will do well if he can get the 2nd or 3rd spot away from Robinson and Williamson.

We will have to see about Williamson. He might not be as polished as Taylor. Randy never automatically assumed the No. 2 spot. He was the deep guy for most of his rookie season. That may just be Williamson role coming into this season, the No.3 deep guy.

Taylor has the chance, and as another top ten draft pick with years of NFL experience, he might just be ready for his time to shine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123