Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    That's like saying to bake a cake you take it out of the oven.
    There is a lot more that goes on before that. Since chilly picked him up.... how does that mean that he was the one that started the process on Favre. That simply means he picked him up.

As for Harvin, I never argued that Chilly didn't have say and input. I simply said that the ranking and grading of players in their positions were done by Speilman. which means he is at fault for selecting a bunch of 5th round Cbs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. His draft boards... his draft. I also give him all the credit for finding Robison and Griffen in the 4th. However, you can't have it both ways. You can't credit him with great finds and then blame coaches for bust.
    Don't get me wrong Kevon. I am not saying Rick had nothing to do with it. I just do not believe he had sole authority on the draft.
    The past two drafts would seem to show that. Leslie certainly did not have as much control in the organization as Chilly did and when Spielman was granted sole control he produced two of the best drafts we have seen in quite some time. Now he has a coach he hired, who seems to have explained exactly what he wants in his players at their respective positions. If Zimmer is as good at developing talent as we believe and have been told he is, Rick is going to start looking like a draft genius because he picked them. Zimmer can make him look very good just as our last couple of staffs made him look mediocre.
    Last edited by marshallvike; 03-28-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    So even if the Vikings start winning, even up to winning the Super Bowl, you will still maintain the team is shit? That doesn't make any sense at all, unless your glass is so half empty it's a vacuum.

I disagree about our OL totally; I think the bad play we saw last year had more to do with them being unwilling to risk hurt or injury for an idiot QB who was just as likely to throw the ball away or to the other team as one of our receivers. I was a center when I was younger, and let me tell you... that is completely demoralizing. Even if you do your job to perfection, you still might be chasing some CB down the field to prevent the other team from scoring a TD.

We won a few games last year we should not have, in my opinion. To me, that says the team was better than I thought it was, especially under Cassel's leadership. But then, I am an optimist.
    You misunderstood me. I was tlking specifically about our 10 win season. Everyone thought the roster was packed with talent and we needed a few pieces to compete. I said other wise and 6-10, 3-13 and 5-10 speaks about what this roster is really about. I will start saying we have a good roster when we have a good roster. A bad roster can gel and go 11-5 for one season and then be horrible for the next 5 years. Look at the Bucs(i think 2009), won 10 games.... but the win total was not indicative of the team's talent. As their played only 2 teams over .500. The next year the roster imploded and came down to earth. Everyone called it a collapse but in reality they played to their level...coach got fired.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    You misunderstood me. I was tlking specifically about our 10 win season. Everyone thought the roster was packed with talent and we needed a few pieces to compete. I said other wise and 6-10, 3-13 and 5-10 speaks about what this roster is really about. I will start saying we have a good roster when we have a good roster. A bad roster can gel and go 11-5 for one season and then be horrible for the next 5 years. Look at the Bucs(i think 2009), won 10 games.... but the win total was not indicative of the team's talent. As their played only 2 teams over .500. The next year the roster imploded and came down to earth. Everyone called it a collapse but in reality they played to their level...coach got fired.
    They let Winfield and Brinkley go after the 10 win season, and replaced them with players who were worse. That was a swing and miss by Spielman, or who ever, that resulted in the firing of the coaching staff. The coaching was inept, but in reality, it was an organizational failure. I'm hoping Spielman has learned from the past and gets it right; but he's done if things don't go well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345