Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42
  1. #31
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    This team is giving me an ulcer.
    I don't understand how a team so void of talent...is so cap strapped.
    Extend allen for Christ sakes. 17 million..... 17 million fucking dollars during free agency. Why are we not fixing that contract. KW 8 million. Why are we paying him 8 millon. Extend him 3 years and get that down in the 4 million range give him 10 million guareentee out of the 16 millon contract. Do something besides letting these guys eat up our cap space....only to fix it later and then bring in the dregs of the NFL.....God. I hate this FO...Why are they so slow...why are they so reactive....Be proactive...formulate a plan prior to free agency.
    In order to reduce Allen's salary, I am sure he is going to want assurance that Spielman is going to get playmakers in here, something that Spielman can't guarantee through the draft seeing as that is the only place he plans on adding players. Pretty sad that he tries to take Ted Thompson's approach when he is nowhere near as good of a GM as Thompson is. Ted doesn't have to spend in free agency because their franchise is so damn good at drafting the right players for their system and turning them into superstars, something the Vikings don't know how to do.

    It's a toss up for me, would it be better to release a CB who is still a solid player making 7 mil a year, or a DT who is regressing making 8 mil a year? Maybe should have cut Kevin Williams instead seeing as though this draft is stocked with DT's.

    As for the non moves and getting rid of playmakers and not replacing them, that is what made me just cancel my trip to Mankato for TC this year. Why go watch a bunch of second rate players practice? I have already seen Peterson and the rest of the guys I want to see, why waste my money on looking at AJ Jefferson, Jerome Simpson, Marcus Sherrels, Erin Henderson, and the rest of the extremely average players?

    I know you can't get a superstar at every position, but damn, don't cut and trade players and not replace at least their production when you just came off a surprising 10 win season. Usually when a team has 10 wins and makes the playoffs, they do anything necessary to make sure the team gets further than where they were. Sure we will have to replace Harvin in the draft, but you still need a possession WR which the Vikings have none. I won't spend another dime on this team with the direction they are going in, that includes cancelling my Sunday Ticket this year.

  2. #32
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    Shouldn't a team already have restructures and cuts in place BEFORE free agency starts? Would make sense since the longer it takes, players will disappear to other teams. I know they can sign free agents and then cut guys, but seems kinda asinine to me, something that I have come to expect from Spielman.

  3. #33
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,906
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    In order to reduce Allen's salary, I am sure he is going to want assurance that Spielman is going to get playmakers in here, something that Spielman can't guarantee through the draft seeing as that is the only place he plans on adding players. Pretty sad that he tries to take Ted Thompson's approach when he is nowhere near as good of a GM as Thompson is. Ted doesn't have to spend in free agency because their franchise is so damn good at drafting the right players for their system and turning them into superstars, something the Vikings don't know how to do.

    It's a toss up for me, would it be better to release a CB who is still a solid player making 7 mil a year, or a DT who is regressing making 8 mil a year? Maybe should have cut Kevin Williams instead seeing as though this draft is stocked with DT's.

    As for the non moves and getting rid of playmakers and not replacing them, that is what made me just cancel my trip to Mankato for TC this year. Why go watch a bunch of second rate players practice? I have already seen Peterson and the rest of the guys I want to see, why waste my money on looking at AJ Jefferson, Jerome Simpson, Marcus Sherrels, Erin Henderson, and the rest of the extremely average players?

    I know you can't get a superstar at every position, but damn, don't cut and trade players and not replace at least their production when you just came off a surprising 10 win season. Usually when a team has 10 wins and makes the playoffs, they do anything necessary to make sure the team gets further than where they were. Sure we will have to replace Harvin in the draft, but you still need a possession WR which the Vikings have none. I won't spend another dime on this team with the direction they are going in, that includes cancelling my Sunday Ticket this year.
    join the chat on sundays we always have a link to a game.

  4. #34
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    join the chat on sundays we always have a link to a game.
    Will do, thanks.

  5. #35
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,906
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Does that $11M account for the rookie signings?
    Rookie contracts are not 11 million dollar anymore.. I believe around the 20th pick they are getting about 2 million a year. After that it falls off. No team needs more than 7 million to sign their rookies.

  6. #36
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,862
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Rookie contracts are not 11 million dollar anymore.. I believe around the 20th pick they are getting about 2 million a year. After that it falls off. No team needs more than 7 million to sign their rookies.
    I looked at the expected charts earlier today. Our first round picks will go for around $2M/yr. The rest of them will average between $4-500K/yr. That get's you north of $6M if you assume that the two first round picks and 3 or 4 others make the roster.

  7. #37
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,862
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Shouldn't a team already have restructures and cuts in place BEFORE free agency starts? Would make sense since the longer it takes, players will disappear to other teams. I know they can sign free agents and then cut guys, but seems kinda asinine to me, something that I have come to expect from Spielman.
    Don't believe for a second that everything you and every other poster has mentioned hasn't been considered and proposed. It takes two parties with sufficient information to make those decisions. Humans are funny creatures, always trying to get what they think they deserve vs just taking whatever is being offered.

    I doubt you will see a single franchise acting in a fashion completely as you propose.

  8. #38
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,906
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I looked at the expected charts earlier today. Our first round picks will go for around $2M/yr. The rest of them will average between $4-500K/yr. That get's you north of $6M if you assume that the two first round picks and 3 or 4 others make the roster.
    North of 6 but not more than 7. Clearly not 11 million. I would say for us it's likely to be 6.5 or so and that's with 2 1st.

  9. #39
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

    WR market thinning 1. Greg Jennings 2. Julian Edelman 3. Heyward-Bey 4. Brandon Gibson 5. Domenik Hixon 6. Ramses Barden 7. Laurent Robinson

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  10. #40
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,906
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

    WR market thinning 1. Greg Jennings 2. Julian Edelman 3. Heyward-Bey 4. Brandon Gibson 5. Domenik Hixon 6. Ramses Barden 7. Laurent Robinson
    who is choice 14? Cause that's who we are signing

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •