Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Look at his track record in Miami.
    Head coaches under Rick Spielman:

Dave Wannstedt (TWICE!)
    Dick Jauron
    Brad Childress
    Leslie Frazier

No, you aren't seeing things. Spielman thought Wannstedt was so great with him in Chicago when he was the Pro Personal Director, that he decided to hire him in Miami!

Seeing a trend gentlemen?

If you think that's bad, look at his trading history.
    Last edited by MulletMullitia; 01-12-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    If you think that's bad, look at his trading history.
    Look at his drafting history. His drafting in Miami is even worse than his drafting here... probably because here at least there was someone like Chilly to tell him he's an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    It reminds me of a saying I read once- If you think the teams problems are bad- just wait until you see their solutions lol.

But really- I hope like heck Spielman does a great job for us. He is just going to be fighting an uphill battle to change the minds of the fans who have become very jaded over time.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    This site is dying. Compare it to what it was a year ago. Whether that's because it's the offseason, or we just had an off-season (see what I did there?) is beside the point. We need more people posting. And still, online petitions do nothing.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Look at his track record in Miami.
    New team, New people surrounding him. Give the man a chance.

The one thing I'm puzzled by was the firing of dunbar. The only good thing the vikings have consistently had going for them for years.

I hope he puts the work in and does a good job as the vikings GM. Can it be worse than the Wilfs calling all the shots? Someone that actually has knowledge in the game of football. I couldn't believe it when they showed zygi on tv waiving at the camera with a huge smile in a game we were getting blown out.

I do wish they would have at least brought other canidates in for interviews before juming the gun. But like I said, give the man a shot before asking for his head. If he fails, can him quick. He may just surprise a few.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    The one thing I'm puzzled by was the firing of dunbar. The only good thing the vikings have consistently had going for them for years.
    Goes back to the ineptness of the coaching staff and ownership. They truly lack any ability to recognize talent, going back to the hiring of Brad Childress. I feel bad for Frazier, he always looks like a scared child on the sidelines and he's in way over his head with a Head Coaching position.

The Wilfs are driving this team into the ground. I used to think they were great based on their free agent acquisitions, but now I realize that they spent all that FA money because no one on our staff could recognize and develop talent on their own... they let other teams develop the players and then the Vikes would sign them after they were already established, but even then they failed. (Bernard Berrian the 3rd highest paid WR in the league at the time? Ring a bell?)
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678