Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Spielman promoted to GM

Vikings Name Rick Spielman General Manager

The Vikings have named Rick Spielman General Manager of the franchise. Spielman joined the team in 2006 and has served as Vice President of Player Personnel during his tenure with the Vikings.
    Good news: We got our GM, and a clear power structure for how the team will operate.
    Bad news: I don't think this was the person anyone had in mind (from what I remember reading here).

LIVike is offline Starter
    Its great that Zygi finally hired a GM but I dont think Spielman can do it. I hope he proves me wrong but what he has done so far makes me doubt it.
    None

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    We don't know what has hapened behind th scenes and who has made certain decisions with the former power structure, now we can now and Rick can try and run the show, but he is on a short leash for me.

We know that all those horrible guys we got from the Eagles were Childress call, Maddy Williams who got a big contract was because his history with Frazier, so it might not all be his fault.. Lets see what he can do, this is a very interesting draft and free agency market so its important that we end up with some good players.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Proving once again, that the Vikings are trying hard to master mediocrity. Boo.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    We don't know what has hapened behind th scenes and who has made certain decisions with the former power structure, now we can now and Rick can try and run the show, but he is on a short leash for me.

We know that all those horrible guys we got from the Eagles were Childress call, Maddy Williams who got a big contract was because his history with Frazier, so it might not all be his fault.. Lets see what he can do, this is a very interesting draft and free agency market so its important that we end up with some good players.
    Yes, at least we will know who is calling the shots now...hopefully. Wouldn't have been my choice, but maybe he'll rise to the new level of responsibility.

Not real surprising considering the track record of the Wilf's hiring strategy, but it is a step in the right direction by realizing they shouldn't be playing that role.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Yes, at least we will know who is calling the shots now...hopefully. Wouldn't have been my choice, but maybe he'll rise to the new level of responsibility.

Not real surprising considering the track record of the Wilf's hiring strategy, but it is a step in the right direction by realizing they shouldn't be playing that role.
    Pretty close to how I feel about this. The Polian name is "sexy", but the reality is that the son is a schmuck (according to reports I've read today) and the old man stepped back from day-to-day stuff.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Great more of the same.... We have someones head to put on a stick for a bad draft... 3-13 and we keep the course....??? however, this team is looking more and more like the Titanic... steering in the wrong direction by a bunch of monkey brains..

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Worst news possible! This is a fucking outrage. I was Zygi's final supporter. Not anymore. Rick Spielman has been a cancer to every professional organization that he's been apart of. He's run our team into the ground and got a PROMOTION. Time to be proactive guys. FireSpielman.com is under development by me and the rest of my development company. I will now put it on the fast track and expodite it in front of all other projects. Expect a finished product in about a week. We need all the supporters and volunteers we can get. Totally non-profit. In fact, I will probably be giving away t-shirts to all you Minnesota residents to wear at games and tailgates next season. Let's take our team back and tell them we will not stand for another decade of mediocrity!

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Worst news possible! This is a fucking outrage. I was Zygi's final supporter. Not anymore. Rick Spielman has been a cancer to every professional organization that he's been apart of. He's run our team into the ground and got a PROMOTION. Time to be proactive guys. FireSpielman.com is under development by me and the rest of my development company. I will now put it on the fast track and expodite it in front of all other projects. Expect a finished product in about a week. We need all the supporters and volunteers we can get. Totally non-profit. In fact, I will probably be giving away t-shirts to all you Minnesota residents to wear at games and tailgates next season. Let's take our team back and tell them we will not stand for another decade of mediocrity!
    Let me know.. I'll charter the DC metro area chapter we have here.... Plenty of vikings fans to echo that sentiment.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    I am fine with the move. With all the opinions behind the scenes it is hard to pinpoint who deserves all the blame.

What I do know is Speilman wanted to blow the team up last year. Fraizer thought the team could be a contender with McNabb. One guy was right and one was incredibly wrong.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast