Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I'd agree we don't have much at wr but look at the 3 qbs be face in our conference, Winfield hasn't had a complete season for 2 years and griffin is gone, carr is on a one year deal and I'm not keen on seeing benny sapp back here again. Some of these guys will be rotating in and getting chances to get time on special teams now, the other option would be moving a wr in as a db like a robert tate when we get caught short on defense.
    So back up Cbs are more important that starting WRs? What are you talking about? We have nothing on the WR front. Harvin is out of position and will receive way more attention this season with AP coming back from injury. I think Carr is a better CB than Simpson is a WR. Mister flip over you is know for that 1 play. Who do we have after that? Jenkins? Devin? You fix your offense. Also, at this point Robinson is not a better Cb than Carr. He will grow into but he isn't yet. Randle would come in and be better than what we have at #2 at the WR position.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Nope the kicker is still the only pick I have a problem with, the rest I'll sit on for now and see where we are in a few years. After being happy to get 2 guys like Troy Williamson and Erasmus James only to have both turn into 7th round picks in trade in a few years I'm not going to lose any sleep over this draft until I get a chance to see some of these guys do something.

I'd agree we don't have much at wr but look at the 3 qbs be face in our conference, Winfield hasn't had a complete season for 2 years and griffin is gone, carr is on a one year deal and I'm not keen on seeing benny sapp back here again. Some of these guys will be rotating in and getting chances to get time on special teams now, the other option would be moving a wr in as a db like a robert tate when we get caught short on defense.
    Cbs do not stop QBs anymore. None of the Qbs in our division will be curtailed by the Cbs we drafted. Its a thing of the past. You want to compete? You need an offense to keep them off the field. Eat up clock with first downs ( running or passing) and hope for a couple stops. That is what NFL football is today. If your Offense stalls as often as ours, you will be giving these high powered offense multiple chances to score on those fresh Cbs. Notice that all of the great teams are building better and better offenses and defense is secondary. If you want to win in this league you have to be able to score.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Cbs do not stop QBs anymore. None of the Qbs in our division will be curtailed by the Cbs we drafted. Its a thing of the past. You want to compete? You need an offense to keep them off the field. Eat up clock with first downs ( running or passing) and hope for a couple stops. That is what NFL football is today. If your Offense stalls as often as ours, you will be giving these high powered offense multiple chances to score on those fresh Cbs. Notice that all of the great teams are building better and better offenses and defense is secondary. If you want to win in this league you have to be able to score.
    Yeah, that's it. 3 of the top 4 lowest scoring Defenses won their division (exception being the steelers who went 12-4.

But I'm sure it has nothing to do with playing good defense.

I'm curious. If having a high-powered offense is how you win these days, why is it that the two teams with the highest scoring offenses both were one and done in the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Yeah, that's it. 3 of the top 4 lowest scoring Defenses won their division (exception being the steelers who went 12-4.

But I'm sure it has nothing to do with playing good defense.

I'm curious. If having a high-powered offense is how you win these days, why is it that the two teams with the highest scoring offenses both were one and done in the playoffs?
    3 of the 4 top offenses won their division. See how easy it is to do that?

Try this 1 of the bottom 10 teams in offense made the playoffs.
    3 of the bottoms 10 teams in defense made the playoffs. With the Gmen Winning the damn thing.

Bottom Defenses:

10.Detroit Lions
    9.Denver Broncos
    8.New York Giants

7.St. Louis Rams
    6.Carolina Panthers
    5.Indianapolis Colts
    4.Oakland Raiders
    3.Buffalo Bills
    2.Minnesota Vikings
    1.Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Bottom Offenses

Seattle Seahawks
    Arizona Cardinals
    Denver Broncos
    Washington Redskins
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Indianapolis Colts
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Cleveland Browns
    Kansas City Chiefs
    St. Louis Rams

The fact remains... you can get to the playoffs and win with a bottom defense. You can't do nothing but pray for Tebow to deliver a win with a bad offense.
    Last edited by kevoncox; 04-28-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    I pretty much disagree with everything kevin has said.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    maybe so and the first time he misses a vital kick before 2015 then people will want his head on a platter. Least this way he gets competition in camp and reminds him to bring his A game with him. If he doesn't cut it then we have a ready replacement available. Last time I checked the only time to draft a kicker as last thing was in FF drafts
    Which means Spielman plans on keeping two kickers and a punter on the roster until possibly 2015.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyVike View Post
    And you realize every single move that has been made in this draft outside of day one has been criticized by you.
    Nope. Not true at all. I've only criticized a few of his picks, but it's still your right to believe he's the one that extorted the trade, even after what Clevelands GM said & aced all the picks in the draft with the exception of two..
    Last edited by singersp; 04-28-2012 at 06:36 PM.

The secondary was a big need as well, Vikings lead the league in sacks but went 9 straight games without a pick and gave up qb rating to opposing teams of 107...which is the second worst all time, the secondary help that was drafted was a bigger need to get them off the field.
    You can thank the Tampa 2 scheme for being a big factor in the lack of INT's.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Minnesota reporter to Wilf two or three years ago: "Why not make a talented guy like Spielman GM?"

Wilf: "We're doing find right now, aren't we?"

Zygi has culpability in this team situation as well.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast