Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    You do realize that Longwell's signed thru 2015 don't you?
    And you realize every single move that has been made in this draft outside of day one has been criticized by you. Even when he made a good move by trading down you gave him no credit for making the deal. Childs and Wright have as good of a chance as any other players that were available at that that time in their position to be successful. The TE pick was not so hot... I'll agree with that. Josh Robinson is a talented DB and Blanton will provide us with solid minutes... even next season. I don't agree with the kicker pick... could've waited on that one I believe. Kalil and Smith will both be big contributors for our team next season.

I feel we've added some strong players in positions where we were suffering. And let's be realistic. The men in that draft room representing our team have about 5,000X more information on the players and what's going on in the draft around them than we have.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyVike View Post
    And you realize every single move that has been made in this draft outside of day one has been criticized by you. Even when he made a good move by trading down you gave him no credit for making the deal. Childs and Wright have as good of a chance as any other players that were available at that that time in their position to be successful. The TE pick was not so hot... I'll agree with that. Josh Robinson is a talented DB and Blanton will provide us with solid minutes... even next season. I don't agree with the kicker pick... could've waited on that one I believe. Kalil and Smith will both be big contributors for our team next season.

I feel we've added some strong players in positions where we were suffering. And let's be realistic. The men in that draft room representing our team have about 5,000X more information on the players and what's going on in the draft around them than we have.
    Why wait so long to address it.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Why wait so long to address it.
    The secondary was a big need as well, Vikings lead the league in sacks but went 9 straight games without a pick and gave up qb rating to opposing teams of 107...which is the second worst all time, the secondary help that was drafted was a bigger need to get them off the field.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    The secondary was a big need as well, Vikings lead the league in sacks but went 9 straight games without a pick and gave up qb rating to opposing teams of 107...which is the second worst all time, the secondary help that was drafted was a bigger need to get them off the field.
    +1
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    maybe so and the first time he misses a vital kick before 2015 then people will want his head on a platter. Least this way he gets competition in camp and reminds him to bring his A game with him. If he doesn't cut it then we have a ready replacement available. Last time I checked the only time to draft a kicker as last thing was in FF drafts

Ready replacement?! one of the knocks against this guy is accuracy from a distance. Most college draftees are not ready replacements. Kicker is one of the few positions where I'd almost always rather sign a FA than draft a guy. You have NO idea how a kicker will react to playing at the NFL level. Moreso than any othe rposition. With QB, at least you have better measurables, and most can fart their way through five years with a team and STILL have a following claiming he only needs a chance to succeed. Kickers don't get that luxury. If you suck for two years, you are out of the league.

We were also without Cook and Winfield, our two starters.
    We were without Abdullah at FS as well.

We brought in some guys to play even if just for depth. You can't tell me that bringing back Winfield and Cook doesn't make us instantly better at CB.

What does getting Jenkins healthy at WR do? Simpson who will be banned 3 games?
    CB could never be a bigger need than WR. We have a good combination of Cbs when healthy. We have nothing at WR.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Ready replacement?! one of the knocks against this guy is accuracy from a distance. Most college draftees are not ready replacements. Kicker is one of the few positions where I'd almost always rather sign a FA than draft a guy. You have NO idea how a kicker will react to playing at the NFL level. Moreso than any othe rposition. With QB, at least you have better measurables, and most can fart their way through five years with a team and STILL have a following claiming he only needs a chance to succeed. Kickers don't get that luxury. If you suck for two years, you are out of the league.
    Last time I wanted a kick was Mike Nugent, Jets nabbed him in the 2nd round and he's now with his 4th team. With that being said it seems we have been bring in guys to push Longwell with kickoffs but haven't keep any on the roster for just that so I think this was the only pick I have a problem with and would have rather made a move on a guard

We brought in some guys to play even if just for depth. You can't tell me that bringing back Winfield and Cook doesn't make us instantly better at CB.

CB could never be a bigger need than WR. We have a good combination of Cbs when healthy. We have nothing at WR.

I'd agree we don't have much at wr but look at the 3 qbs be face in our conference, Winfield hasn't had a complete season for 2 years and griffin is gone, carr is on a one year deal and I'm not keen on seeing benny sapp back here again. Some of these guys will be rotating in and getting chances to get time on special teams now, the other option would be moving a wr in as a db like a robert tate when we get caught short on defense.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Winfield has been steadily declining. Yes, having him back improves us, but after him we are an absolute joke.

Winfield
    Cook
    Then what?

Sherels? Burton? Oh yeah, we signed Carr. Whoopidy doo.

Assuming Winfield stays health all year (big if), we're still very questionable. CB is probably our biggest need, followed by WR and OL. We have a legitimate playmaker at WR. We don't at CB anymore.

Last time I wanted a kick was Mike Nugent, Jets nabbed him in the 2nd round and he's now with his 4th team. With that being said it seems we have been bring in guys to push Longwell with kickoffs but haven't keep any on the roster for just that so I think this was the only pick I have a problem with and would have rather made a move on a guard
    You don't draft kickers when your teams goes 3-13.
    I fear you aren't considering where we drafted these players nor the trades.

1. Trading our early 4th to trade up into the first. Mistake. We should have traded the 2nd 4th and a couple of the back end picks. In a way to make it work. We won't be picking in the top 3 next year. You don't give that up. The point of the 4th is to reset on day 3 and address your needs.

2. Missing out on Randle who Spielman admitted they wanted. Missing out on T. Johnson form Montana, who Spielman said they wanted, Missing out on the player GB took,..... you get the point. Basically, we missed out on the WR by not trading up 3 spots to snatch a damn good WR. I would have given up the 4th round pick we used on wright to get him. He got beaten badly in the 3rd round.

3. Drafting a Fb with our 4th pick. Plenty of talent left on the board. No one appeared ready to draft this guy. He is our 5th TE on the roster maybe more. We signed a TE and drafted 2 more. So we are drafting back up TEs or FBs in the 4th now huh?

4. Trading our 5th for nothing. Essentially the right to move up into the fourth. It might be 3 spots, it might be 15. However, we should be getting an extra pick, especially since the Lions are in our division. We seem to comfortable in doing that lately. Stop it.

5. Drafting a kicker in the 6th. I don't care how far he kicks, which means nothing with the new rules. He was 7 or 17 past 40+, plenty of talent and depth was on the board.

6. Trading our 2nd 7 was just the icing on the cake of ineptitude these past days.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast