Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NDVikingFan66 View Post
    Agreed. So far, so good. Two starters in the first round. Lets see what the rest of the draft brings.

Seriously, convincing Cleveland to move up one spot to get a player MN was not going to take, brillant move.
    Actually, it was Cleveland who came in with the better deal because they knew what the other team that wanted Richardson was offering up.

As far as being giddy about us getting two starters out of our first two picks, well in my opinion, that's expected.

Don't all teams expect to get two starters in the first two rounds of the draft? Especially if they own the 3rd & 35th pick of the draft?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    I am pleased with what Spielman did so far. It will take a bit to warm up to the Smith move, but I am glad we are addressing issues in the secondary. whether or not anyone is impressed with the Browns deal, he DID get them to pull the trigger. Who knows for sure if there was interest there, it was slick as snake oil to pull it off.
    Again, Cleveland's GM did.

"I know exactly what was offered to Minnesota, so we knew we had to trade to get him if we wanted him," Heckert said at his press conference Thursday night, according to a transcript on the Cleveland Plain Dealer website. "I know that for a fact."
    I highly doubt his knowledge of what was being offered came from Spielman. He said he knew for fact. What GM in their right mind believes the GM of the team he is wanting to deal with in when they tell them what has already been offered?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Actually, it was Cleveland who came in with the better deal because they knew what the other team that wanted Richardson was offering up.

As far as being giddy about us getting two starters out of our first two picks, well in my opinion, that's expected.

Don't all teams expect to get two starters in the first two rounds of the draft? Especially if they own the 3rd & 35th pick of the draft?
    Yes, and we did, how do you see that as negative. Give Rick more credit on the trade, he did play them. Not saying it was a moment of genius, but he did get it done. The rest of the sports world is calling it the best trade of the draft.

Let's see how the rest of the picks go, wait 3 years and get back to how he did.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Good point Singer.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

You might thinks so unless they grab guys like Phillip Merling or Pat white in the second round....then they aren't even on your roster in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Yes, and we did, how do you see that as negative. Give Rick more credit on the trade, he did play them. Not saying it was a moment of genius, but he did get it done. The rest of the sports world is calling it the best trade of the draft.

Let's see how the rest of the picks go, wait 3 years and get back to how he did.
    I give Rick credit for throwing out some smoke which essentially opened up a bidding war, which most GM's do anyways. All he had to do was sit back & accept the highest bid.

There was no genius in selecting Kalil. He would have taken him trade or no trade. We could have easily slid back to 6th & still had one of the top 3 players on our board, any of who would have filled a need.

If the picks at #118, 139 & 211 end up being busts, then the trade was moot. Lets see who he picks & see where they are in 3 years.

Anyone in "the rest of the sports world calling the Spielman trade the best trade of the draft" IMO are idiots. The best trade of the draft so far was done by the Rams.

How does swapping 1sts & acquiring a 4th, 5th & 7th even come close to swapping 1sts & acquiring two more 1st round picks in the next two years, plus a 2nd rounder this year?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I just think with Randle 3 spots away, you had to step in and trade up. WR is a huge need.
    I give him a C on the 2nd day. A B in drafting the kid from UCF but a D on missing out on Randle.

I give Rick credit for throwing out some smoke which essentially opened up a bidding war, which most GM's do anyways. All he had to do was sit back & accept the highest bid.

There was no genius in selecting Kalil. He would have taken him trade or no trade. We could have easily slid back to 6th & still had one of the top 3 players on our board, any of who would have filled a need.

If the picks at #118, 139 & 211 end up being busts, then the trade was moot. Lets see who he picks & see where they are in 3 years.

Anyone in "the rest of the sports world calling the Spielman trade the best trade of the draft" IMO are idiots. The best trade of the draft so far was done by the Rams.

How does swapping 1sts & acquiring a 4th, 5th & 7th even come close to swapping 1sts & acquiring two more 1st round picks in the next two years, plus a 2nd rounder this year?
    Ok, got me on that one. Should have clarified they were talking the first two days. The Rams trade was done far in advance of the draft, but no doubt it was a much better trade. Although far from genius at play there either, they just held the right pick

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I just think with Randle 3 spots away, you had to step in and trade up. WR is a huge need.
    I give him a C on the 2nd day. A B in drafting the kid from UCF but a D on missing out on Randle.
    Wonder how they had Randle graded? Looks like they just snagged a WR from Arkansas. Seems like a significant drop in talent.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    ok, got me on that one. Should have clarified they were talking the first two days. The rams trade was done far in advance of the draft, but no doubt it was a much better trade. Although far from genius at play there either, they just held the right pick

bingo!

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast