Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I sure like having him in command more than when he was sharing power with Childress.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I sure like having him in command more than when he was sharing power with Childress.
    Agreed - he's had some hits and some misses....I like what he's done thus far this year.

Caine

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I've noticed that Frazier's name is never mentioned when discussing draft picks anymore. Not the case when we had Childress, or even the first year Frazier was here. Many teams (like KC) they go straight to the HC and discuss it as their picks. With MN it's clear the Rick is making the decisions. No doubt Frazier has input, but it looks like Rick is given a lot of latitude to run things as he sees fit.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I've noticed that Frazier's name is never mentioned when discussing draft picks anymore. Not the case when we had Childress, or even the first year Frazier was here. Many teams (like KC) they go straight to the HC and discuss it as their picks. With MN it's clear the Rick is making the decisions. No doubt Frazier has input, but it looks like Rick is given a lot of latitude to run things as he sees fit.
    What the latest talk is Spielman was in a conference talking about our first two picks and wasn't even aware of the trade deal with the Patriots that was in the works with the team. He had to be pulled out of that conference to pull the trigger on the trade.

Not sure if Childress was part of that team or if he was at the draft party at the dome.
    Last edited by singersp; 04-26-2013 at 01:40 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    What the latest talk is Spielman was in a conference talking about our first two picks and wasn't even aware of the trade deal with the Patriots that was in the works with the team. He had to be pulled out of that conference to pull the trigger on the trade.

Not sure if Childress was part of that team or if he was at the draft party at the dome.
    Oh for crying out loud.

Seriously? Does it ever get tiring to have to work this hard to dislike someone?

Yes, Spielman had to get pulled out of a press conference to complete the trade. No, that doesn't mean he "wasn't even aware of the trade deal with the Patriots that was in the works."

Here is the presser:
    Spielman Discusses The Three First Round Picks

He actually addresses it, saying the he had told some guys to work the phones, and he even admits that he wasn't expecting it to actually happen. Basically he left his team with instructions of what he wanted and let them do their jobs and work the phones - probably with several teams. It was both his vision and his decision to trade back into the first round.

As far as Frazier's location, he was in Winter Park during the draft.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Oh for crying out loud.

Seriously? Does it ever get tiring to have to work this hard to dislike someone?

Yes, Spielman had to get pulled out of a press conference to complete the trade. No, that doesn't mean he "wasn't even aware of the trade deal with the Patriots that was in the works."

Here is the presser:

He actually addresses it, saying the he had told some guys to work the phones, and he even admits that he wasn't expecting it to actually happen. Basically he left his team with instructions of what he wanted and let them do their jobs and work the phones - probably with several teams. It was both his vision and his decision to trade back into the first round.

Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The bitching about this is just unreal.

We got 3 of the top players at their positions. Most drafts we're lucky to get one.

Yeah, we have no second or third pick today, but we've got 3 potentially elite players in this league. Add the chance for a few diamonds in the rough through rounds 4-7, and we're coming out with a GREAT draft (on paper of course).

Yeah, Coradelle has his flaws, so does any rookie. But he fills a much needed role for us, as do all the other players. I absolutely give credit to Spielman (and whoever allegedly pulled the trigger on the trade) for doing their research, not reaching, and picking great players that fell to them. I said picking a DT in the first was stupid... but I didn't expect Floyd would fall that far. When he's there, you gotta pull the trigger.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Oh for crying out loud.

Here is the presser:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    The bitching about this is just unreal.

We got 3 of the top players at their positions. Most drafts we're lucky to get one.

Yeah, we have no second or third pick today, but we've got 3 potentially elite players in this league. Add the chance for a few diamonds in the rough through rounds 4-7, and we're coming out with a GREAT draft (on paper of course).

Yeah, Coradelle has his flaws, so does any rookie. But he fills a much needed role for us, as do all the other players. I absolutely give credit to Spielman (and whoever allegedly pulled the trigger on the trade) for doing their research, not reaching, and picking great players that fell to them. I said picking a DT in the first was stupid... but I didn't expect Floyd would fall that far. When he's there, you gotta pull the trigger.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I think this years draft makes the decision to draft Kalil last year a good one. We could not have gotten one of the top tackles in this years draft.
    Despite what some fans around here think, most in the NFL believe LT is worth an early pick.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast