Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 278
  1. #181
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    That makes perfect sense, if you say you are going to take Richardson who is going to work with you in a trade to get him? If you are looking at other players there are teams who know Richardson is available it just depends on what you are willing to give up in a trade. Now you can play a Tampa against Cleveland, there is logic you just have to be able to deduce it.
    Anyone who wants Richardson more than we would have.

    If we had thrown out there that we were interested in Richardson as well, teams who were interested in him would have offered more for the #3 pick than they would if we would have said we weren't interested in him at all.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #182
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, that cloud was about who we would pick when we picked and was designed to come into play if we did move down to 4 in an effort to move down one more time but stay in the area were he could land one of 3 players.

    How in the hell did that get lost on you?
    It didn't. It got past you.

    Throwing that cloud out there makes the teams that wanted Kalil, Blackmon or Claiborne more apt to move up ahead of us because they didn't know which one of the 3 we were taking & there would only be two of them left after we picked.

    Whether we took one of those 3 or another team moved up to take one of the 3 didn't matter one iota to the Browns because they were interested in Richardson & he'd still be there at #4.

    In no way did the threat of us or another team moving up to take Kalil, Blackmon or Claiborne force the Browns into making a trade? They didn't want Kalil, Blackmon or Claiborne. Even if they did, 2 of the 3 would still be there at #4.

    What part of that don't you get?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #183
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,205
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Anyone who wants Richardson more than we would have.

    If we had thrown out there that we were interested in Richardson as well, teams who were interested in him would have offered more for the #3 pick than they would if we would have said we weren't interested in him at all.
    No, what would happen is the GM would look like a fool. Let's say RS said we want Richardson he is our guy and then he trades the pick. Richardson goes on to have a HOF career; the fans would lynch him. He would be the laughing stock of all the GMs, he would be looked upon like one of the three stooges. You can't give up the guy you say you covet to get more picks. And who would have moved up if we would have said that, everyone knew Cleveland and Tampa were looking at Richardson why didn't they jump at it knowing their player would still be gone. I guess I just don't understand your logic.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  4. #184
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Were did I say it didn't factor? Probably why you missed all my other points......lol

    Look at what the other teams gave to move up into the top ten.....

    The Browns only moved up one spot. Granted it was from 4 to 3, but their 4th was worth alot. Other teams moved down and didn't get anywhere near what Spielman got my friends.

    Browns Give Up: 1st (4th overall), 4th, 5th, 7th round picks in 2012
    Vikings Give Up: 1st (3rd overall) round pick in 2012
    Thats 3 extra picks my friend, to move one spot.

    Jaguars Give Up: 1st (7th overall), 4th round pick in 2012
    Buccaneers Give Up: 1st (5rd overall) round pick in 2012
    Thats one extra pick to move up a couple of spots.

    Rams Give Up: 1st (6th overall) round pick in 2012
    Cowboys Give Up: 1st (14rd overall), 2nd round pick in 2012
    Thats one extra pick to move up 8 spots.

    Eagles Give Up: 1st (15th overall), 4th, 6th round pick in 2012
    Seahawks Give Up: 1st (11th overall) round pick in 2012
    2 extra picks to move up 4.
    Do you see any mention of the Rams-Redskins trade in your top 10 pick trade ups?

    I don't & you simply blew it off when I mentioned it.

    Why? Because if you had listed it as a factor, the difference between our deal & the Rams deal looks a lot different than the difference between our deal & the deals that followed & makes our deal look far less great in comparison.

    In short, it didn't support your stance, so you simply omitted that top 10 trade.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #185
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    No, what would happen is the GM would look like a fool. Let's say RS said we want Richardson he is our guy and then he trades the pick. Richardson goes on to have a HOF career; the fans would lynch him. He would be the laughing stock of all the GMs, he would be looked upon like one of the three stooges. You can't give up the guy you say you covet to get more picks. And who would have moved up if we would have said that, everyone knew Cleveland and Tampa were looking at Richardson why didn't they jump at it knowing their player would still be gone. I guess I just don't understand your logic.
    Not when your sitting with AD on your team.

    If we had a need for a RB, which everyone knows we don't, then perhaps yes.

    If we had taken him, the fans would lynch him for not getting a player we desperately need to fill a void.

    If RS had said we want Richardson & he is our guy, he also would have looked like a fool given the needs we had at other positions, primarily at LT.

    Had he said we were targeting a group of players which included Richardson it leaves the door open to which one we'd take.

    Depending on what you get for trade, teams do give up players they covet to get more picks.

    Do you think the Rams didn't covet a player at #2?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #186
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,205
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Not when your sitting with AD on your team.

    If we had a need for a RB, which everyone knows we don't, then perhaps yes.

    If we had taken him, the fans would lynch him for not getting a player we desperately need to fill a void.

    If RS had said we want Richardson & he is our guy, he also would have looked like a fool given the needs we had at other positions, primarily at LT.

    Had he said we were targeting a group of players which included Richardson it leaves the door open to which one we'd take.

    Depending on what you get for trade, teams do give up players they covet to get more picks.

    Do you think the Rams didn't covet a player at #2?
    But how believable is that knowing we have AD? How many GMs are going to say, yeah they really want Richardson with all our needs and AD. To me, he would look ridiculous to make such a statement, I like the way he handled it IMO!!

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  7. #187
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,205
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Not when your sitting with AD on your team.

    If we had a need for a RB, which everyone knows we don't, then perhaps yes.

    If we had taken him, the fans would lynch him for not getting a player we desperately need to fill a void.

    If RS had said we want Richardson & he is our guy, he also would have looked like a fool given the needs we had at other positions, primarily at LT.

    Had he said we were targeting a group of players which included Richardson it leaves the door open to which one we'd take.

    Depending on what you get for trade, teams do give up players they covet to get more picks.

    Do you think the Rams didn't covet a player at #2?
    I didn't hear their GM saying they covet RGIII, you know why, most teams wouldn't even try because they know the Rams have that pick.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  8. #188
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    No, what would happen is the GM would look like a fool. Let's say RS said we want Richardson he is our guy and then he trades the pick. Richardson goes on to have a HOF career; the fans would lynch him. He would be the laughing stock of all the GMs, he would be looked upon like one of the three stooges. You can't give up the guy you say you covet to get more picks. And who would have moved up if we would have said that, everyone knew Cleveland and Tampa were looking at Richardson why didn't they jump at it knowing their player would still be gone. I guess I just don't understand your logic.
    RS said he was coveting Blackmon as well. Did he look like a fool for not taking him?

    RS said he was coveting Claiborne tool. Did he look like a fool for not taking him?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #189
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    RS said he was coveting Blackmon as well. Did he look like a fool for not taking him?

    RS said he was coveting Claiborne tool. Did he look like a fool for not taking him?
    I think most people caught on to the fact that we were going after Kalil. The rest was part of the draft/trade smokescreens.

    If we would have traded down further and missed out on Kalil and had to take Blackmon or Claiborne, I think most people would have agree that it would have been a bad move. In fact, you probably would have been leading the charge...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #190
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I think most people caught on to the fact that we were going after Kalil. The rest was part of the draft/trade smokescreens.



    If we would have traded down further and missed out on Kalil and had to take Blackmon or Claiborne, I think most people would have agree that it would have been a bad move. In fact, you probably would have been leading the charge...

    It will be interesting to watch.

    Personally I don't see the ball control offense and the T2 defense with bad secondaries as any type of formula for success but maybe they will prove that it is. I still feel if you are going ground control, low scoring, clock management style on offense you need an elite defense to limit the points you are giving up. Especially when the teams in your division are pretty much scoring at will against you.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •