Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 278
  1. #171
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Wait there Singer. There you go using logic. Everyone says...what a great job Speilman did fooling the others into thinking he would draft any of those these players.....but then they ignore the fact that the trade was for a player that he was not mentioning in his snow job. Logic is a foreign language here.
    That makes perfect sense, if you say you are going to take Richardson who is going to work with you in a trade to get him? If you are looking at other players there are teams who know Richardson is available it just depends on what you are willing to give up in a trade. Now you can play a Tampa against Cleveland, there is logic you just have to be able to deduce it.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  2. #172
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The cloud he threw up involved Kalil, Blackmon & Claiborne, none of which mattered one iota to Cleveland, who wanted the RB . Any interest it drew for the #3 pick to take one of those 3 posed no threat to the Browns.
    LOL, that cloud was about who we would pick when we picked and was designed to come into play if we did move down to 4 in an effort to move down one more time but stay in the area were he could land one of 3 players.

    How in the hell did that get lost on you?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #173
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Yes Marrdro is very exhausting in his relentless nature of defending his asinine assumptions. I think he half believes it and the other half just enjoys the "discussion".
    You know that it is all about the discussion my friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

    Besides, what part of my analysis of what went down was so out of the realm of what was discussed by the talking heads, both leading up to and during the draft?

    Hmmmmmm Hmmmmmm, hmmmmmm?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #174
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Don't forget Ryan Cook
    Lets not forget my real opinion and stance on Cook.

    I have always said we shouldn't blame him because he was put into a position he wasn't suited to be in.

    In short, blame the coach, not the player.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #175
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Singer, when are you going to learn that Marrdro doesn't deal in facts or logic, only conspiracy theories and convoluted BS....

    Of COURSE the Rams trade doesn't factor in here because if it did it would render moot everything Marr has previously stated on this topic. And we all know what great pains Marr will go to to pretend that his POV is valid...

    Examples:

    "Jackson is a quality QB"
    "Childress didn't want Favre back"
    "Wilf MADE Childress play Favre"
    "Moss didn't improve our offense"
    "Childress doesn't draft players"
    "Childress doesn't sign players"
    "Childress is a quality HC"
    "Spielman made a great trade"

    ....


    See a pattern?

    Caine
    Were did I say it didn't factor? Probably why you missed all my other points......lol
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #176
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The cloud he threw up involved Kalil, Blackmon & Claiborne, none of which mattered one iota to Cleveland, who wanted the RB . Any interest it drew for the #3 pick to take one of those 3 posed no threat to the Browns.
    Correct in reference to Kalil, Claiborne, and Blackmon. But what that did tell Cleveland was that we were willing to trade behind them, because we would still get one of the three we wanted. Some team could jump them and snag Richardson.
    Was it a blockbuster? No, but he still obviously had Cleveland thinking it could happen or they would have called our bluff, stayed pat and still picked up Richardson. Instead we get three more picks he has a chance to whiff on.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  7. #177
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    You know that it is all about the discussion my friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

    Besides, what part of my analysis of what went down was so out of the realm of what was discussed by the talking heads, both leading up to and during the draft?

    Hmmmmmm Hmmmmmm, hmmmmmm?
    Just playing with you Marr. You know I love your alternate reality Helps me keep my neck aligned.

  8. #178
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Cleveland could have easily negated the trade potential by announcing they had a deal with another team that would trade up to the 4 spot to take kalil if the vikings traded out of the 3 spot.

  9. #179
    Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    844
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Correct in reference to Kalil, Claiborne, and Blackmon. But what that did tell Cleveland was that we were willing to trade behind them, because we would still get one of the three we wanted. Some team could jump them and snag Richardson.
    Was it a blockbuster? No, but he still obviously had Cleveland thinking it could happen or they would have called our bluff, stayed pat and still picked up Richardson. Instead we get three more picks he has a chance to whiff on.
    Wasting your time. Several posters on this messageboard will rip on Spielman until he is gone no matter the moves he makes.

  10. #180
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,857
    My point is and always will be, Spielman did almost nothing to build the demand. The demand was a RB that was seen as a game changer and the demand was already created. That's like saying the Rams GM built the trade window for Richardson. Obviously everyone knew that the Browns 1) already have a LT & 2) Needed a RB badly. It only made sense that any trades would have to be done with the lone team sitting above them. I believe Tampa was going to make that move as well as other teams that the Vikings did not want to drop too far down to. I award Spielman a B- for his work on that trade.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •