Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Have whatever opinion you want - makes no difference to me. I agree with you regarding some of the 4th round decisions, and disagree with you regarding others, but that is also beside the point.

My point was that no matter what Spielman did, there would be people who complained about him. Had we drafted the way you wanted and drafted purely on talent with no regard to character, then people would have been complaining about that - especially during a stadium push.

You complain about us taking a kicker when there were "talents" like Travis Lewis out there. And yet let's see who makes the active roster and who doesn't. Hell, I would actually give the edge to the kicker. There were a lot of teams who felt that Lewis wasn't much of a talent - we went late in the 7th round after all. Arguing and complaining about 6th and 7th round picks is a little ridiculous seeing as they are pretty much a crap shoot regardless. So why not draft a kicker? what did he have to lose?
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Yes, never any guarantees with any player ever drafted. But unfortunately, college play is all we have to go by at this stage of their career. There will be many players picked before him that turn out to be duds and many picked after him that turn out to be great. Trying to figure which ones will excel is hard for everyone, and personally, I believe their success is based largely by the team that drafts them. How they are developed and how they get used. Harrison looks to have enough talent and a strong enough work ethic that his chance of success should be fairly high. Doesn't mean we won't screw him up, but I like his chances.

We keep hearing about how great New England and Green Bay drafts, but you take those same players and put them in a Vikings uniform and then wonder why a good share of them turn out be be busts.
    another reason to get Frazier outta here and get a real GM..... Ted Thompson and McCarthy are football talent selecting GODS compared to Spielman and Frazier... hate to say it but that 15-1 record and super bowl trophy up there says its so!!...

Have whatever opinion you want - makes no difference to me. I agree with you regarding some of the 4th round decisions, and disagree with you regarding others, but that is also beside the point.

My point was that no matter what Spielman did, there would be people who complained about him. Had we drafted the way you wanted and drafted purely on talent with no regard to character, then people would have been complaining about that - especially during a stadium push.

You complain about us taking a kicker when there were "talents" like Travis Lewis out there. And yet let's see who makes the active roster and who doesn't. Hell, I would actually give the edge to the kicker. There were a lot of teams who felt that Lewis wasn't much of a talent - we went late in the 7th round after all. Arguing and complaining about 6th and 7th round picks is a little ridiculous seeing as they are pretty much a crap shoot regardless. So why not draft a kicker? what did he have to lose?
    That was a lot of highlights for one game. When was the last time you saw anything close to that performance from a Vikings safety?
    AGAIN, it's a highlight tape bro!... high-lights....

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Funny, because we got a B+ after the 2005 draft... we all know how that turned out.

This updated 2005 draft grade gives us a Z- (which I thought was clever): WalterFootball.com: 2005 NFL Draft Grades and Re-Grades - NFC Draft Grades
    I agree with Cmac... while we don't know for sure how this draft will be... The talking heads have no idea what the HELL they are talking about.... having 1st round grades on guys that go in the 3rd round etc. They work for ESPN because they are wanna'be GM's that can't cut it... Most of these guys know what a joke Todd MCShay and Mel Kiper are...

WIth that said, outside of our first round picks it was just an OK draft... I didn't like trading up for smith... thought we drafted for need more than for best player available... and with a 3-13 team, we dont' so many holes we needed to draft BPA... same was with last year's draft and the year before that... we get guys based on need when there are more talented guys out there...

I think we did more of the same this year... but I hope i'm wrong... but with Spielmans track record I doubt it!

not to mention Frazier and his staff will find some way to mess it up somehow... by poor coaching, etc....

We need to clean house...

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    AGAIN, it's a highlight tape bro!... high-lights....
    yea bro, but all in one game....ONE GAME!

Hey, I'm not getting all moist on this guy, but I think he has a fair shot of working out. I'm not going to shit all over him before we even get to see him in uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Funny, because we got a B+ after the 2005 draft... we all know how that turned out.

This updated 2005 draft grade gives us a Z- (which I thought was clever): WalterFootball.com: 2005 NFL Draft Grades and Re-Grades - NFC Draft Grades

Hey, I'm not getting all moist on this guy, but I think he has a fair shot of working out. I'm not going to shit all over him before we even get to see him in uniform.
    I feel you... I was just pointing out highlights are supposed to make someone look good.. we haven't seen the entire tape... or game.. I think hes a solid pick.. def. the best prospect we have had back there in ages... I think he will be a very solid player back there for sure... but not necessarily a potential pro bowler.. which is what yu shoot for in a first round pick....

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

I agree with you!! Try to find a good highlight reel for the year from our safeties, you won't come up with a reel anywhere near as good as Smith's highlights of one game.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

They aren't all highlights. A lot of those plays he did nothing really but throw a shoulder on a down back.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    They aren't all highlights. A lot of those plays he did nothing really but throw a shoulder on a down back.
    That is more than our safeties do, so I'll take it. At least he is around the ball, sometimes I see our safeties at the hot dog stand in the stadium. And you know what I am happy even with that because at least that particular ball game they were in the right stadium.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I agree with Cmac... while we don't know for sure how this draft will be... The talking heads have no idea what the HELL they are talking about.... having 1st round grades on guys that go in the 3rd round etc. They work for ESPN because they are wanna'be GM's that can't cut it... Most of these guys know what a joke Todd MCShay and Mel Kiper are...
    As opposed to all of us "experts"? At least they know enough to make a living at it.

BTW, what's up with your quoting... you have had one of my posts quoted in almost every one of your posts in this thread for the past couple of days. While I'd like to think its because you are so impressed with my writing skills, I tend to think it is probably a mistake...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    That is more than our safeties do, so I'll take it. At least he is around the ball, sometimes I see our safeties at the hot dog stand in the stadium. And you know what I am happy even with that because at least that particular ball game they were in the right stadium.
    Lol...Funniest post of the thread.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast