Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Rice caught the TD and took a nasty hit. Wish we still had him and not this shit we have in Burton, Simpson, Jenkins, and do I need to go on? Also, why wasn't Jarius Wright in this game? Fucked that one up didn't Frazier? That's ok, just keep that seat in your office nice and warm for the next head coach, one I hope like hell actually has the balls and brains to make good football decisions. Wilf will be forced to make moves this off-season if he wants the new stadium to be successful. Can't fill seats if the fans are pissed off and don't go to the games. Take notice Wilf or sell the team to someone that gets what football is all about.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Wilf can't sell the team from what I understand or he will take a pretty big hit on the stadium deal. I believe if he sells, there is going to be a pretty big hit because of language installed to prevent him from selling the team and getting a windfall profit from the increased value the stadium will bring to the team.

That being said, for a long time I have felt that he needs to step back and bring in a real football guy to run the team and it is pretty clear that just changing the titles of the staff like they did last year didn't change anything except people's titles. Until they get a guy in thee who knows how to build and run a successful franchise we will continue to get this type of team.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Wilf can't sell the team from what I understand or he will take a pretty big hit on the stadium deal. I believe if he sells, there is going to be a pretty big hit because of language installed to prevent him from selling the team and getting a windfall profit from the increased value the stadium will bring to the team.

That being said, for a long time I have felt that he needs to step back and bring in a real football guy to run the team and it is pretty clear that just changing the titles of the staff like they did last year didn't change anything except people's titles. Until they get a guy in thee who knows how to build and run a successful franchise we will continue to get this type of team.
    I agree. Instead he promotes Spielman who screwed up in Miami to make those kinds of decisions. That deserves an atta boy and a pat on the back huh?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

6-6 is "The SKY IS FALLING" apparently.

Lordy. How I wish they'd started 1-5 and then won 5 in a row. There's be jizz all over PPOers laptops.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Its more than just the record zeus. Its how we're losing these games. Its ponder. Its play calling. Its untimely mistakes. But mostly its because we have a qb that scares no one and is making awful decisions over and over again.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

Lordy. How I wish they'd started 1-5 and then won 5 in a row. There's be jizz all over PPOers laptops.

=Z=
    That would actually show we were improving & progressing rather than going the opposite direction.

I don't know how playing worse rather than better as the year goes on is a positive thing in some fans eyes.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    The QB is bad, but the disturbing thing is he doesn't seem to be getting better and is proving his scouting report. The huge concern is that he's in an offense with arguably the best running back in history and still can't seem to complete passes. Many bad misses against Packers with the horrendous score killing pics, which cost the game. Like the old Malox drinking assistant coach in "North Dallas Forty" said (praphrasing), "Ponder, they said your were smart and tough, at this point I'd be happy if you were either of those!"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

=Z=
    lol.

You are right, the sky isn't falling. And a lot of the attitude comes from the fact that Ponder started out well and is playing worse now. He got our hopes up.

While I am not going to go down the line of the Wilfs selling the team (and I don't think PF was either), I have reached the point where I feel that Ponder is not performing to the level that he needs to in order to secure his spot as a starter.

I am also not going to jump all over Speilman. I actually like the direction our team is going in - young, quality players. Some of them are going to be misses, but overall I don't think we are that far off.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    The following have to be fired: Spielman. Frazier and his staff. Christian Ponder!!
    I was appalled when I saw Ponder on the sideline laughing after his interception in the endzone.
    After each series, good or bad Aaron Rogers was on the bench going over pictures of the plays.
    The Vikings don't have the brains to do that.
    None

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by rednorsk View Post
    I was appalled when I saw Ponder on the sideline laughing after his interception in the endzone.
    After each series, good or bad Aaron Rogers was on the bench going over pictures of the plays.
    This is something that is bothering me as well where is our QB coach?? up in the booth, why isn't Musgrave over talking to Ponder, this is the one reason I would have liked to have a veteran backup on the roster like Sage to go over to Ponder and review the stills and ask him what he saw and show him what was going on and what to look for. Sadly though he is usually just sitting on the bench after a series not doing much as far as I've seen in the past.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast