Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Spielman has 100% confidence in Ponder

Vikings GM has '100 percent belief' in QB Ponder

Vikings GM has '100 percent belief' in QB Ponder - Yahoo! Sports

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Whether Ponder excels, busts or is mediocre, sounds like Spielman has hitched his wagon to Ponder for the long haul. Even if Ponder sucks the rest of the year & we lose every game, he'll be on the roster next year.

It would be great if his instincts were correct, but he also "believed" in Feely when he brought him into Miami.
    Last edited by singersp; 11-15-2012 at 06:45 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Those are usually the statements you make when a player is struggling and you are looking at potential options to replace them. The fact he has to be asked about his support for Ponder makes it pretty obvious that the potential for having to replace him is there.

I wonder what the actual percentage is...
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    I believe Spielman. They did it with TJack. You have to give him the time to grow, can't give up to early.

I think that the bad stretch was looking at defensive systems that he wasn't comfortable with. When Ponder plays well, he has a high completion percentage and distributes the ball well. He had a slump for whatever reason and now had a good game to hopefully bring him back to his level of play from earlier in the season. He needs to play within himself. He got himself in trouble a few times trying to will things to happen. He does well when he goes through the progressions, throws to an open receiver, tucks and runs or just throws it away if nothing is there.

Looking at the names that Spielman dropped in the article, those QBs aren't spectacular every week. Eli and the Giants have been slumping the last few weeks too. Notice I said Eli and the GIants, it is not all the QB, it is a team sport.

None of us have a crystal ball to know the future. All we can do is watch and enjoy the winning season so far.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    I believe Spielman to the point that he has a plan and as long as Ponder meets the goals each year, he will give him another year. It sounds like Ponder is on target to meet the goals for this season. Doesn't mean we don't pick a QB mid to late first round.

Spielman has 100% confidence in Ponder

Sometimes they give a vote of confidence before they toss you under the bus
    None

fact

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Those are usually the statements you make when a player is struggling and you are looking at potential options to replace them. The fact he has to be asked about his support for Ponder makes it pretty obvious that the potential for having to replace him is there.
    I agree
    None

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Ponder or whoever you throw out there(from any team), its not going to be easy. Tough road schedule. I hope for the best.

what??

TJ was done after they signed Farve
    2yrs wasted to develop tj
    Yep we almost made it at what cost
    Here we are now
    None

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast