Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
  1. #11
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: Spending money just because we have it -- Foolish!

    I agree. I would like to pick up the pieces that we need to be a great team. We need to determine what we will be doing at RB. If O. Smith comes back, and he for sure is going to be a team player, then I say give him a chance to be our #1 RB.

    We also need to address the LB situation. The OL needs alot of work, and we need to have a good draft. We don't need every player that becomes a FA. While alot of them will help our team out, we have alot of young good players waiting to step up.. Good post Cojo..

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Spending money just because we have it -- Foolish!

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I hope this will help some people understand that when the FA starts people won't be holloring "we should have done this or that or gotten him for $20 million."
    Unless we go 16-0 and win the superbowl, people will complain about who we do and don't get in FA (and even then some still will!).
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    Lotza's Avatar
    Lotza is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Spending money just because we have it -- Foolish!

    im not worried.

    i have faith in wilf.

























    Go vikes!!

  4. #14
    mr.woo's Avatar
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,213

    Re: Spending money just because we have it -- Foolish!

    no ones saying going on a shopping spree but then agian not using money to buy what youre team needs* is just as foolish.






    *(see red mcombs)
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

  5. #15
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Spending money just because we have it -- Foolish!

    Wilf knows what he's doing.
    In the business he's in, that also would be foolish.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  6. #16
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: Spending money just because we have it -- Foolish!

    Once upon a time there lived an old miser man
    By the name of Silas Stingy
    He carried all his money in a little black box
    Which was heavy as a rock
    With a big padlock
    All the little kids would shout
    When Silas was about

    Money, money, money bags
    Money, money, money bags
    There goes mingy Stingy
    There goes mingy Stingy
    Money, money, money bags
    Money, money, money bags
    There goes mingy Stingy
    There goes mingy Stingy

    Silas didn't eat, which was just as well
    He would starve himself for a penny
    He wore old clothes and he never washed
    'Cause soap cost a lot
    And the dirt kept him hot
    All the little kids would shout
    When Silas was about

    Money, money, money bags
    Money, money, money bags
    There goes mingy Stingy
    There goes mingy Stingy
    Money, money, money bags
    Money, money, money bags
    There goes mingy Stingy
    There goes mingy Stingy

    In the back of his head
    Was a voice that said
    "Someone will steal it all
    You'll be lying in the gutter with an empty box
    The thieves will be having a ball"

    Money, money, money bags
    Money, money, money bags
    There goes mingy Stingy
    There goes mingy Stingy
    Money, money, money bags
    Money, money, money bags
    There goes mingy Stingy
    There goes mingy Stingy

    He bought a safe to put the box in
    And a house to put the safe in
    And a watchdog on a chain to make quite sure
    And his face was very funny
    When he counted up his money
    And he realized he hadn't any more

    Money, money, money bags
    Money, money, money bags
    There goes mingy Stingy
    There goes mingy Stingy
    Money, money, money bags
    Money, money, money bags
    There goes mingy Stingy
    There goes mingy Stingy


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  7. #17
    aceclown is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    948

    Re: Spending money just because we have it -- Foolish!

    If we go about free agency in the same manner as last year, that would be the best possible scenario. We spend money on FA's until there is about 8-9 mil left to sign rookies. I think we should pick up 3 impact FAs, which at an average of 5 mil per player would leave the desired amount of cap space left for the future. Depth is what the draft is for. Signing mediocre FAs might have worked for the Patriots, but I have yet to see it work for any other team.


    Chuch.

  8. #18
    thepacksux's Avatar
    thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    580

    Re: Spending money just because we have it -- Foolish!

    i look for us to make a similar signing like we did with winfield and smoot the last two years. One impact player that we can front load a ton of money to make the rest of the contract, especially the next few years, cheap.

  9. #19
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Spending money just because we have it -- Foolish!

    "aceclown" wrote:
    If we go about free agency in the same manner as last year, that would be the best possible scenario. We spend money on FA's until there is about 8-9 mil left to sign rookies. I think we should pick up 3 impact FAs, which at an average of 5 mil per player would leave the desired amount of cap space left for the future. Depth is what the draft is for. Signing mediocre FAs might have worked for the Patriots, but I have yet to see it work for any other team.
    Not a bad analysis, aceclown!

    Compton, huh? Were you "born and raised in Compton"?

    I'm from South Central LA...Louisiana, that is...but I have been through Compton a time or two. :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #20
    aceclown is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    948

    Re: Spending money just because we have it -- Foolish!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    If we go about free agency in the same manner as last year, that would be the best possible scenario. We spend money on FA's until there is about 8-9 mil left to sign rookies. I think we should pick up 3 impact FAs, which at an average of 5 mil per player would leave the desired amount of cap space left for the future. Depth is what the draft is for. Signing mediocre FAs might have worked for the Patriots, but I have yet to see it work for any other team.
    Not a bad analysis, aceclown!

    Compton, huh? Were you "born and raised in Compton"?

    I'm from South Central LA...Louisiana, that is...but I have been through Compton a time or two. :grin:
    Naw, the Compton thing is a joke, Im from the midwest. I have family in LA, and I figured nobody on this site is from Compton. I have been to Compton, but I doubt I would be able to live there.


    Chuch.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Man charged for spending misplaced money
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 08:25 PM
  2. Big spending doesn't pay in free agency
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 09:08 PM
  3. Spending could continue
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 05:20 AM
  4. Wilf Keeps On Spending Money On Vikes!
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 05:10 PM
  5. The Money, Money, Money!! & Asst Coaches
    By FedjeViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 04:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •