Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    carolinafan is offline Rookie

Re: No kidding.......DUHHHH

"olson_10" wrote:
    "carolinafan" wrote:
    I've been trying to tell all of the Viking fans what these two articles say since the day TW was drafted. I thought it comical to watch "experts" and sports writers who didn't know a gol 'darnit thing about Troy talk about he needs to work on his hands, or he needs to run better routes, or he can't catch over the middle, or he is only a home run ball type of receiver. I was like WTF? TW catches everything thrown his way in games and he can take a 5 yard pass to the house in a flash. He never shyed away from on over the middle pass. His speed is so unreal in short or long distances, DB's misjudge angles like crazy.

Tice was smart to draft TW, and he was dumb the way he tried to use him. Even Brad Johnson said it wasn't fair to put a guy in and only throw long to him. The D knows what's coming. TW had plenty to learn as a rookie, like ALL rookies do. But the stuff that was bantered around on this board about his route running and catching ability was comical. He dropped one ball, then post after post was made about it. He drops a second one out of hundreds thrown his way, and the stories take on a life of their own.

Like I said, you will not miss Randy Moss in two years.
    thats a little bold, only jerry rice in his prime could make me feel that way..randy moss had like the best first 6 years to a football career out of any receiver in the history of the game..il miss randy moss when troy williamson strings together 6 straight seasons of like 1300 yards receiving with 12-15 TDs
    Then sit back and enjoy the next 6 years!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: No kidding.......DUHHHH

"olson_10" wrote:
    "carolinafan" wrote:
    I've been trying to tell all of the Viking fans what these two articles say since the day TW was drafted. I thought it comical to watch "experts" and sports writers who didn't know a gol 'darnit thing about Troy talk about he needs to work on his hands, or he needs to run better routes, or he can't catch over the middle, or he is only a home run ball type of receiver. I was like WTF? TW catches everything thrown his way in games and he can take a 5 yard pass to the house in a flash. He never shyed away from on over the middle pass. His speed is so unreal in short or long distances, DB's misjudge angles like crazy.

Tice was smart to draft TW, and he was dumb the way he tried to use him. Even Brad Johnson said it wasn't fair to put a guy in and only throw long to him. The D knows what's coming. TW had plenty to learn as a rookie, like ALL rookies do. But the stuff that was bantered around on this board about his route running and catching ability was comical. He dropped one ball, then post after post was made about it. He drops a second one out of hundreds thrown his way, and the stories take on a life of their own.

Like I said, you will not miss Randy Moss in two years.
    thats a little bold, only jerry rice in his prime could make me feel that way..randy moss had like the best first 6 years to a football career out of any receiver in the history of the game..il miss randy moss when troy williamson strings together 6 straight seasons of like 1300 yards receiving with 12-15 TDs

Randy had a better situation than Troy walked into!

Randy 1998

Cris Carter and Jake Reed where 1 and 2 to start the season so there really wasn't a ton of pressure on Randy to be the star.

Had the best o-line in football that year and Cunningham had outstanding season when he replaced Brad Johnson who got hurt at the start of the season.

Had Dennis Green as his headcoach and Brian Billick as his O-coordinator.

Had Robert Smith coming out of the backfield to make defenses cheat up to try and stop him.

Troy 2005

No number 1 receiver to start the season, Koren slowly worked his way to that position. Expectation were really high for Troy to take Randy's place and he had a lot of pressure put on him.

O-line decimated by injuries to Birk, Rosenthal and Tice being to stupid to bring Dixon to camp.

Onterrio Smith suspended for the season because of drug use.

Daunte spazzed out at the start of the season and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, and then he had a new QB 1/2 way through the season, even tho Brad filled in Ok for Daunte after he got hurt.

Had meat-head Tice as his head coach and Steve Loney (O-line coach) as his O-coordinator.

Troy in 2005 didn't have all the advantages that Randy did in 1998, and we are lucky Troy didn't quit and run away like Underwood did.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Speedy Williamson starting to settle in

Watching video of Troy from this training camp he doesn't look like the same player from last year, he is looking polished and making moves after catches and he isn't dropping any balls that I have seen or heard about.

And I give credit for the way he is playing to the new coaches and staff for teaching him and being the opposite of last years coaching staff.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12