Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Some what?

Speak ENGLISH, man!

=Z=
    I'm trying my best, if you don't watch out I'll start speaking in Scots. An then ye really wid ken aw aboot it, maist o ye's widnae ken whit ah wiz seyin!

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Unfortunately an IS game cannot be an "away" game for both teams. It's simple math. Each week, 16 teams play as "home" teams and 16 play as "away", not counting byes. There is always an equal number of each. If you match up two teams in one week playing "away", then two other teams will both have to be playing "home" against each other. Not physically possible, unless you also move that game to a neutral site.

IMO, the league doesn't really think that much about who is losing a home game, they just pick a game that looks like a good match-up that will sell. The schedule is pre-determined, even to which games are home and away for each team, so they can't just change something to what they would like in that respect. The Vikes/Steelers game is already set as a home game for the Vikes, and always was. I suppose, though, that they might choose a team first and then pick what looks like a good game from that team's home schedule.

On a side note, I think that these IS games will always be either divisional games or inter-conference ones, as those are the only ones set in stone years in advance., by the NFL's scheduling formula. The non-division in-conference games are the ones that depend on how you finish.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishvike View Post
    I'm trying my best, if you don't watch out I'll start speaking in Scots. An then ye really wid ken aw aboot it, maist o ye's widnae ken whit ah wiz seyin!
    Ah thooght it was bonnie clear whit ye meant th' first time ye said it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Considering my wife is from Pittsburgh, this was a must see game for us. I do not believe we will be able to fly to London to see it, so thanks a lot for nothing Wilfs, the Vikings, and the NFL.
    That's the other thing, they shouldn't have chosen the Steelers game for this. They only play in Minnesota once every 8 years so anyone hoping to see the Roethlisbergers or the Polamalus live won't get to.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567