Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    It punks the fans, but it does more to local shops and bar owners who gain revenue from the stadium crowds. The lousy overcharging parking ramps and lots do too.

Considering my wife is from Pittsburgh, this was a must see game for us. I do not believe we will be able to fly to London to see it, so thanks a lot for nothing Wilfs, the Vikings, and the NFL.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    and I intend to be at the next one as well.... mentioned it to my dear lady wife whos said no problem I'll let you sort out the tickets - as long as we're not going to Wembley by train !
    When I said it would be by car but that we'd to drive early to allow for traffic she said fine
    As we missed going to Minny last year, this year and not sure about next year then I will be looking at the expensive seats to make up for it
    nearer the time we can arrange to meet up, be coming in by train, might go up super early and try and meet some of the players
    Purple till i die

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Viking View Post
    nearer the time we can arrange to meet up, be coming in by train, might go up super early and try and meet some of the players
    sounds like a plan and have to see if scottishvike, johnson etc are going as well - assuming we can get tickets
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    getting tickets will be straight forward, I have never had an issue getting tickets for any of the games in London. Will pay a bit more for these though :-)
    Purple till i die

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Viking View Post
    getting tickets will be straight forward, I have never had an issue getting tickets for any of the games in London. Will pay a bit more for these though :-)
    I was always under the impression that tickets were harder to get as they sold out so quickly - least based on what I've seen on NFLUK. Then again all the terrible towel muppets will be wanting to be out in force for this, plus first time Steelers would be in the UK
    Still as you say worth paying a little more for these :-)

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    To be fair, most of the world still doesn't give a crap about football.
    Yeah, until we screw up the game in some unbelievable way and they get hooked for life.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I have to say I have never agreed with the NFL as far as the international series games. I'm 100% behind any fans from the US who are raging about it, with the limited amount of home games per season they have every right. When the English Premier League (soccer) mooted playing a round of games abroad, the fans were pretty much united against it, and they have up to 30 home games per year. Goodell will try to dress it up as expanding the fan base, but I think most of the people who go are long time fans from all teams, from all over the UK who will go once a year for their live fix of the NFL. I don't think its really for newbies who want to check out the sport, especially looking at the ticket prices for this years game (50-149). Since this started the question has been asked about a London franchise in the future, even if you overcame all the logistical problems, which there are many, could you get significant numbers of fans for 8 games? IMO no, Wembley will sell out for 1 game, probably 2 as there will be next year. The problem being the majority of British fans have a current favorite NFL team, are they expected to drop that in favour of a London one, the polls say no. Anyway I digress there isn't going to be a London franchise anytime soon, yet I still think the only 2 reasons for having these games are to test the water for overseas teams or making money. If it was really about the fans Germany would have been giving a game by now because they almost single handedly kept NFL Europe going when teams from London and yes Scotland were not considered to be well enough supported.

On the other hand.....after 25+years of supporting the team i finally get the chance to see them play live. I'd always hoped that would be in Minny first, but supporting a young family has scuppered that for the foreseeable future. So tickets permitting I'll hopefully be there to meet up with all the British and European PPOers and any from across the pond who can afford to make the trip, just remember to take some waterproofs!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    It should be considered an away game for both teams. No one should lose a home game because of playing in Europe. It will never be successful in Europe unless they start playing American football in their universities and high schools. Thats where fan bases start and interest in the game. To be of real interest to Europeans they will have to have European players in the NFL. IMO Otherwise they should just play some pre-season games over there.

WWBGD

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=RK.;1130283]It should be considered an away game for both teams. No one should lose a home game because of playing in Europe/QUOTE]

Agreed and think that was some of the logic behind the idea of dropping 2 of the preseason games and adding two extra to the regular season. That way teams would play both games as 'neutral' and so not lose any home fixtures as a result. Until the owners and NFLPA discuss this and agree the extra games then the current situation will continue. Only way it will stop is if fans stop coming to the games and the league/owners lose money.
    Interesting talk on the UK forums as people are wondering how many will want to see the Jags game now that the Vikes/Steelers has been scheduled.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishvike View Post
    So tickets permitting I'll hopefully be there to meet up with all the British and European PPOers and any from across the pond who can afford to make the trip, just remember to take some waterproofs!
    Some what?

Speak ENGLISH, man!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast