Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Norseman Sources: Vikings get game in London

Minnesota Vikings to play home game in London next season, sources say - ESPN

We shall see.... after Tuesday then maybe I'll believe it. Plus the weather in September will be nice as well :-)
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    I would've preferred that they not waste home games in London until the time when they have to play some games at TCF
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I don't like giving up a home game. In the end it's all about the money. Kind of a an FU to the state and Minneapolis right after they committed hundreds of millions to keeping the Vikings in Minnesota.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I don't like giving up a home game. In the end it's all about the money. Kind of a an FU to the state and Minneapolis right after they committed hundreds of millions to keeping the Vikings in Minnesota.
    Kind of a big FU to the season ticket buyers who get cheated out of a home game. It's bad enough having to pay full price for 2 preseason games along with 8 regular season games, but next year they'll having to pay full price for 2 preseason games and only be able to get 7 regular season games.

You would think the NFL could arrange these games to be away games for both teams. With the money hungry NFL not giving a fuck about the fans here in American & placing games over in Europe in the name of the almighty buck, my guess is it's only a matter of time before the playoffs and/or Super Bowl are played there.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Minnesota Vikings: London home game set for September 2013 - TwinCities.com

Well looks like its official then as Bagley has confirmed this to be the case.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Sources: Vikings get game in London

Well, good thing they are getting a new stadium.

The league and the ownership know that the fan base will tolerate anything that they throw at them.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    This doesn't bother me. The Vikings are one of the most obvious choices right now.

The Vikings aren't under any lease, so they are able to play overseas without any financial repercussions.

And I don't think it is an FU to the fans - especially the season ticket holders. Attendance is WAY down in the dome right now - we haven't sold out any games this season. People don't really want to go to games at the metrodump when they know that a new stadium is only a couple of years away. As a season ticket holder, I am going to save $200 by giving up a home game. Hell, if they can give up a game every year until the stadium opens I will be thrilled.

This also wasn't some big surprise - this has been talked ever since the stadium bill was signed.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Anyone know how this will work for season ticket holders? Will we get first dibs on tickets or anything, or even better, can I just pay my $28 for tickets?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    Anyone know how this will work for season ticket holders? Will we get first dibs on tickets or anything, or even better, can I just pay my $28 for tickets?
    from what I understand from previous IS games season ticket holders do have a priority on purchasing tickets - not sure if you can extra above what you have season tickets for. There is usually a cut-off date after which they are then released for sale over here. Not sure how the prices go but be aware that prices may be more than you pay in Minny.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    i might have to buy a couple tickets off someone for that game.. make a quick UK trip

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast