Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soul Searching!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re:Soul Searching!

VikingMike wrote:
    AllDay28 wrote:
    First off, I've been reading this board for years, I created a profile a couple years ago to share a story about a Vikes game here in Denver with the board that I thought was amusing. I enjoy reading everyones opinions about the Vikes, but I've never really felt compelled to comment. Does that make me less of a fan? Does that mean that your opinions carry more weight than mine? The waterboy argument is weak.
    Sorry for starting out as such a jerk, but posts like yours get me fired up and are the only reason I've ever been embarrassed to call myself a Vikings fan.(it got me to post for the first time in over 2 years) Would you be taking a break if the Vikes played yesterday? What if they played a great game and lost? What if they won? Would your new business and child affect how closely you follow the team then? I doubt it.

"I've just concluded the Vikings are not that important to me anymore.

Though people say this is the joy of being a fan, I say screw that it's just heartbreaking every season."

This makes me sad. You got no joy out of any of the 16 regular season games? What about the slapdown we laid on the Cowboys? Yes, I was pissed and dissapointed when we lost to the Saints, too, but it was a lot of fun watching this team play this year, and I can't wait to see them line up again next year.

Good post, and I'll second that...it was a helluva ride, sucked the way it ended...but a real roller coaster of a season, one that I'll always remember well. And now we have next year to look forward to.
    The Superbowl winner was determined by a coin flip.

Maybe I should be thankful we were at least at the coin toss.

The bottom line Minny should have WON that game.

What I'm saying has been confirmed by the players themselves.

The bottom line yes the ride was fun, but the lost was worse.

Another year watching another team win the SB.

Another year with Fan Vikings saying "NEXT YEAR"

Hell the Steelers have EIGHT SB's does that not just piss you off a little? Just a little bit, EIGHT SB WINS!

At some point it's Purple Pride, but not in Minny it's "YOU BETCHA" :woohoo:

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    AllDay28 wrote:
    First off, I've been reading this board for years, I created a profile a couple years ago to share a story about a Vikes game here in Denver with the board that I thought was amusing. I enjoy reading everyones opinions about the Vikes, but I've never really felt compelled to comment. Does that make me less of a fan? Does that mean that your opinions carry more weight than mine? The waterboy argument is weak.
    Sorry for starting out as such a jerk, but posts like yours get me fired up and are the only reason I've ever been embarrassed to call myself a Vikings fan.(it got me to post for the first time in over 2 years) Would you be taking a break if the Vikes played yesterday? What if they played a great game and lost? What if they won? Would your new business and child affect how closely you follow the team then? I doubt it.

Though people say this is the joy of being a fan, I say screw that it's just heartbreaking every season."

This makes me sad. You got no joy out of any of the 16 regular season games? What about the slapdown we laid on the Cowboys? Yes, I was pissed and dissapointed when we lost to the Saints, too, but it was a lot of fun watching this team play this year, and I can't wait to see them line up again next year.

Good post, and I'll second that...it was a helluva ride, sucked the way it ended...but a real roller coaster of a season, one that I'll always remember well. And now we have next year to look forward to.

Hell the Steelers have EIGHT SB's does that not just piss you off a little? Just a little bit, EIGHT SB WINS!

they have 6

BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Vikes wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    AllDay28 wrote:

they have 6
    My mistake...but does not change the fact we ZERO.

Define the Vikings:

We build winners, but don't win!

Last how many Coaches have left Minny and won the SB?

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm...........

But hey the good news we did sweep the Packer's with Favre and that was actually VERY cool.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

VikingMike wrote:
    I can honestly say it was the most exciting year for me as a fan and I've been around for alot of them.

What a hell of a organization we are supporting.

Ownership group who will do anything to win and is working damn hard to keep them in MN.

FO who understands how to find talent via the draft, and FA as well as showing a good sense for what talent to retain and who to let go (regardless of what us fans think).

Coachings staff...... Well, I am gonna relent and try not to hack on them to much this year, except maybe the RB coach. Even ST's showed improvement last year.

Team. Damn we are loaded with talent and most of them play with as much heart and passion as any of the stars of old.

Why wouldn't anyone be excited to watch this team this year, or for alot of years to come for that matter?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    I can honestly say it was the most exciting year for me as a fan and I've been around for alot of them.

Ownership group who will do anything to win and is working damn hard to keep them in MN.

FO who understands how to find talent via the draft, and FA as well as showing a good sense for what talent to retain and who to let go (regardless of what us fans think).

Coachings staff...... Well, I am gonna relent and try not to hack on them to much this year, except maybe the RB coach. Even ST's showed improvement last year.

Team. Damn we are loaded with talent and most of them play with as much heart and passion as any of the stars of old.

Why wouldn't anyone be excited to watch this team this year, or for alot of years to come for that matter?
    DITTO....

Except...

We Build WINNERS and DO NOT WIN!

Exciting yes, but satisfied NO!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Vikes wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

DITTO....

Except...

We Build WINNERS and DO NOT WIN!

Exciting yes, but satisfied NO!
    Good point. For me though, I kindof liken this new group, from the owner all the way down, as kindof like a new team all together and don't lump a whole bunch of historical stuff on them.

I really think this group will get it figured out and next year might be our year.

Think about it, we finally got a playoff spot and although we lost, that experience played a whole in some of the things we did this year.

Can you imagine how this team will approach not only the season, but the playoffs as well, having been that close.

I bet those boys are just chompin at the bit to get going again to prove they can do it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Soul Searching!

I like "Vikes" a lot...good member.

But how many times have we seen the "hey look at me...I am leaving...good luck next season" attention thread.

Only to have that member not leave.

Yes, I am sure your emotions were running out of control at the time you posted this thread. However, it never works.

Since you really did not leave until "next season", can I lock this thread?

purpledoom is offline Starter

Ok I've been reading this thread and thinking about it some and now I'm gonna put in my two cents worth..take it or leave it. First off if being a Vikings fan comes before your family then I do believe you have your priorities screwed up..sorry. But if this loss this season is all that put you over the edge on being a Vikings fan then you really aren't at all are you. I've been one for 40 years or so been disappointed alot none probably more than this year..I still love my Vikes and wear the colors proudly. To echo some of the others I had more fun wathcing this year than I have for alot of years and the NFCCG loss can't take that away. On top of that unless you're a Cub fan like me and few others here you do not know the meaning of heartbreak. I can honestly say during the '08 playoffs when they completely fell apart at home I was near tears. Completely broken hearted but I came back last season and I always will. So if this is truly about your family and job more power to you if it's about the Vikes let YOU down...well move on to somebody else I guess and when they lose you can move on again...pppffft.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

This soul searching is a lot like the soul searchng I used to see at 2 AM of a friday or saturday night as some puking drunk swore they'd never drink again...

...until next weekend anyway...

It's easy to swear off the Vikings once they're eliminated, an there are MONTHS of offseason drudgery to contend with. You can even pile on mythical reasons like "I'm going to spend more time with my family", or "I'm going to prioritize my business", or even, "I'm going to organize my sock drawer"...but the TRUTH is that this is an EMPTY PROCLAMATION!!!!!

So, here's a tip. Enjoy your family, kick ass on your business, and organize your sock drawer...we'll see you in september, and we'll pretend ths little incident never took place.

Caine

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

Gotta agree with Marr on these points Vikes. Enjoy your new baby and your family, but dude, don't give up your Sunday afternoons of fandome! I hear ya, been there with two teenage daughters myself. But, this was one helluva year, you really gotta admit it. From the TD miracle vs the Niners, the two wins vs the Pukers, winning the Division, to the SMACKDOWN of the Cowgirls...this was a year for the ages. Me saying that does not mean that I'm not disappointed that we lost to the Saints, or, that I'm happy we haven't won a Super Bowl. We will win it in 2011!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast