Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soul Searching!

AllDay28 is offline Waterboy

Re:Soul Searching!

First things first, congrats on your spawn. You should be proud.

Are you looking for sympathy? We all suffered through it, and we all took it hard. Are we supposed to feel sorry for you? Are we supposed to convince you to stay? What were you looking for when you wrote this stupid post? Real fans hang with their team, win or lose. You make me sick.

P.S. I hope your son grows up to be a Vikes fan and calls you out for your douschebaggery.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

I'm betting you'll be back in about a year, after we win next year's Super Bowl.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

True PPO members can never break the addiction that is the Minnesota Vikings. It's sickening, but it is the truth.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Oh yeah, way to go blaming your lameness on an unborn child. He/she/it had nothing to do with you being a quitter. Kick rocks, loser.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

First "WATERBOY" judge me when you have as many years, and post on this board.

Second reread my post I will always be rooting for the Vikings, I just will not go all out like in years past.

I'm not DEAD, just taking a step back!

Skol!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

You are SO RIGHT...But I gotta find a way to cut back this offseason at least!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

swardsooner is offline Rookie

Must be the off-season....

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

The Green Ninja wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    The Green Ninja wrote:
    Bandwagon fans... curious, viqueen fans...

How many of these guys do you have? I've already seen 2 topics just like this.
    How many fans did you lose with Favre?

A few? Dozens? Hundreds?

Thousands. So don't even start about bandwagons.
    Pfft. Those were Favre fans, not Packers fans. At that time most "Favre fan" and "Packers fan" were interchangeable. Get ready, once AP leaves you'll be seeing a lot of "Viking fans" disappear.
    I don't even need to comment.

First off, I've been reading this board for years, I created a profile a couple years ago to share a story about a Vikes game here in Denver with the board that I thought was amusing. I enjoy reading everyones opinions about the Vikes, but I've never really felt compelled to comment. Does that make me less of a fan? Does that mean that your opinions carry more weight than mine? The waterboy argument is weak.
    Sorry for starting out as such a jerk, but posts like yours get me fired up and are the only reason I've ever been embarrassed to call myself a Vikings fan.(it got me to post for the first time in over 2 years) Would you be taking a break if the Vikes played yesterday? What if they played a great game and lost? What if they won? Would your new business and child affect how closely you follow the team then? I doubt it.

"I've just concluded the Vikings are not that important to me anymore.

Though people say this is the joy of being a fan, I say screw that it's just heartbreaking every season."

This makes me sad. You got no joy out of any of the 16 regular season games? What about the slapdown we laid on the Cowboys? Yes, I was pissed and dissapointed when we lost to the Saints, too, but it was a lot of fun watching this team play this year, and I can't wait to see them line up again next year.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

AllDay28 wrote:
    First off, I've been reading this board for years, I created a profile a couple years ago to share a story about a Vikes game here in Denver with the board that I thought was amusing. I enjoy reading everyones opinions about the Vikes, but I've never really felt compelled to comment. Does that make me less of a fan? Does that mean that your opinions carry more weight than mine? The waterboy argument is weak.
    Sorry for starting out as such a jerk, but posts like yours get me fired up and are the only reason I've ever been embarrassed to call myself a Vikings fan.(it got me to post for the first time in over 2 years) Would you be taking a break if the Vikes played yesterday? What if they played a great game and lost? What if they won? Would your new business and child affect how closely you follow the team then? I doubt it.

"I've just concluded the Vikings are not that important to me anymore.

Though people say this is the joy of being a fan, I say screw that it's just heartbreaking every season."

This makes me sad. You got no joy out of any of the 16 regular season games? What about the slapdown we laid on the Cowboys? Yes, I was pissed and dissapointed when we lost to the Saints, too, but it was a lot of fun watching this team play this year, and I can't wait to see them line up again next year.

Good post, and I'll second that...it was a helluva ride, sucked the way it ended...but a real roller coaster of a season, one that I'll always remember well. And now we have next year to look forward to.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast