Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58
  1. #11
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re:Souhan tries to stir up controversy

    singersp wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Meh, if the players don't care, neither do I. The media would like it to be more of a problem than it really is.
    What makes you think that the players don't care?

    Before you answer that, recall to yourself what you've posted here many times what a player will state to the media.
    We've missed your input Singer


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  2. #12
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re:Souhan tries to stir up controversy

    ThorSPL wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Meh, if the players don't care, neither do I. The media would like it to be more of a problem than it really is.
    What makes you think that the players don't care?

    Before you answer that, recall to yourself what you've posted here many times what a player will state to the media.
    We've missed your input Singer
    I've been pretty busy since February, plus it was a pretty uneventful offseason, except for the same old, same old. I'm also going to be very busy at work for awhile, but as the season gets closer, I'll probably be stopping in a little more often.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #13
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re:Souhan tries to stir up controversy

    How many players are in their 20th season on the Vikes?

    How many have been MVP 3 times?

    I don't think it hurt Favre last year!

    Jared Allen was asked the question. Does it bother you that Favre isn't here?

    His answer - Nope, see you in a few weeks buddy!

    People outside of the team bring it up, but the players want him on the team and don't care! Except for the backup QB's but F-them.

    The players don't care and like I said earlier Souhan is a D-Bag and will always be a D-Bag.


    Welcome back Singer but I got to tell ya we will not see T-Jack as the starting QB and after the season Favre had last year why do you keep wanting T-Jack?

    I think it is your opinion that T-Jack well be this great starting QB. Mine is maybe, maybe not!

    We have a window to try and win the Superbowl and I don't want to waste it with T-Jack. His own coaches didn't have enough faith in him they went out and got Favre.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  4. #14
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,552

    Re:Souhan tries to stir up controversy

    singersp wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    Started off well written, making a differentiating point re: Childress' smart treatment of Favre vs Favre's decision to keep Chilly waiting. Went downhill from there.

    At the end of the day, it is really nothing more than a published opinion laden with generalities and insults, "and there isn't much to do in central Mississippi, anyway, other than sweat and wish you lived someplace else." Sorry Jim, that comment only makes you appear more ignorant...maybe he enjoys being with his family more than you do. To each his own.

    The only controversy this popcorn fart will stir up is with some fans. The Team obviously has accepted the situation. That's enough for me.
    Sorry Max, but I'm sure there are several Vikings players that would also like to be home with their families too, but gess what? They are at Vikings training camp preparing themselves, as a team, for the upcoming season.

    Perhaps you feel that Rice, Harvin, AD, P-Will, K-Will & JA should be excused from the first part of TC, but I don't think you do.

    You are only assuming that the team & the players are fine with Favre waltzing in whenever he chooses to. I'm sure there are quite a few teammates sweating their balls off in practice everyday that perhaps think otherwise.
    Whereas I certainly agree that some of the boys sweating their balls off have the feelings you state; I am equally certain they understand that T-Joke and Sage can work 24/7 365 days a year and could not hold Favre's jock, let alone lead them to a Division Crown, NFC Championship Game, etc. Therefore, I think they are willing to tolerate the situation. My comments are similar to Souhan's, which, was the point of my post...they are an opinion; his is published, mine is simply posted on PP.O.

    We could debate for weeks on this board. That's not really how I prefer to roll, so, let's agree to disagree and then, when I meet you at a game, we shall debate this topic with a brat in one hand and a cold Schmidt, Hamm's or Grain Belt, in the other.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  5. #15
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re:Souhan tries to stir up controversy

    whackthepack wrote:
    How many players are in their 20th season on the Vikes?

    How many have been MVP 3 times?

    I don't think it hurt Favre last year!

    Jared Allen was asked the question. Does it bother you that Favre isn't here?

    His answer - Nope, see you in a few weeks buddy!

    People outside of the team bring it up, but the players want him on the team and don't care! Except for the backup QB's but F-them.

    The players don't care and like I said earlier Souhan is a D-Bag and will always be a D-Bag.


    Welcome back Singer but I got to tell ya we will not see T-Jack as the starting QB and after the season Favre had last year why do you keep wanting T-Jack?

    I think it is your opinion that T-Jack well be this great starting QB. Mine is maybe, maybe not!

    We have a window to try and win the Superbowl and I don't want to waste it with T-Jack. His own coaches didn't have enough faith in him they went out and got Favre.
    1: None of Favre's PAST accomplishments factor into this...being at camp is about TEAM BUILDING and CHEMISTRY...things he cannot participate in if he's NOT THERE.

    2: Singer didn't say anything about Jackson in this thread. He said he wants Favre to return. Not sure why you chose to bring him up.

    3: The players SAY they don't care, but - and I say this every year - it's a SOUND BITE. Truthfully, I'll bet you that many of them are a bit irked at this...even as I am.

    4: The excuse about Favre's accomplishments doesn't wash. Should we excuse Kevin Williams or Jared Allen? They're perennial Pro-Bowlers. How about Antoine Winfield or Pat Williams? They've both been in the league a long time...and we don't want to "wear out" Pat's body before the season.

    5: Last year, Favre was retired and came out of retirement after TC. THIS year he's under contract. It's not just about Favre - which he is making it. It's about the TEAM. Football is, after all, a TEAM sport. Brett is ignoring that fact and making it all about him.

    Truth is, he may still be "undecided", but if he decides to retire now, he's the biggest douche in the world for stringing us all along. And if he elects to play, he's a selfish git for blowing off TC.

    Even if he wins the Superbowl, what he's doing RIGHT NOW only confirms what many of his critics have been saying all along - that Favre is a "Me First" player.

    His BEST option would be to show up in camp and take it easy. Just his appearance will unite the roster around him..after all, it will be a definite TEAM FIRST move...something we've not seen from him in a long time.

    Caine

  6. #16
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Souhan tries to stir up controversy

    He should be at camp if he is going to play. While he personally might not need it, the young guys on offense and really the rest of the offense needs him to build chemistry and to get their timing down. The team is playing him over 12 million dollars, he is under contract, and hopefully he wants a championship as much as the rest of the team and the fans do.

  7. #17
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re:Souhan tries to stir up controversy

    The problems isnt Farve as much as Childress. Hes the HC for crying out loud.

  8. #18
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re:Souhan tries to stir up controversy

    CCthebest wrote:
    The problems isnt Farve as much as Childress. Hes the HC for crying out loud.
    I think Childress has been showing up. I've seen him in the photos and video that they've shown.

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Souhan tries to stir up controversy

    ThorSPL wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Meh, if the players don't care, neither do I. The media would like it to be more of a problem than it really is.
    What makes you think that the players don't care?

    Before you answer that, recall to yourself what you've posted here many times what a player will state to the media.
    We've missed your input Singer
    None more than me. Very few on here agree with me about the Noodle. Singer is one of them

    Good to see you back my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re:Souhan tries to stir up controversy

    Caine wrote:
    whackthepack wrote:
    How many players are in their 20th season on the Vikes?

    How many have been MVP 3 times?

    I don't think it hurt Favre last year!

    Jared Allen was asked the question. Does it bother you that Favre isn't here?

    His answer - Nope, see you in a few weeks buddy!

    People outside of the team bring it up, but the players want him on the team and don't care! Except for the backup QB's but F-them.

    The players don't care and like I said earlier Souhan is a D-Bag and will always be a D-Bag.


    Welcome back Singer but I got to tell ya we will not see T-Jack as the starting QB and after the season Favre had last year why do you keep wanting T-Jack?

    I think it is your opinion that T-Jack well be this great starting QB. Mine is maybe, maybe not!

    We have a window to try and win the Superbowl and I don't want to waste it with T-Jack. His own coaches didn't have enough faith in him they went out and got Favre.
    1: None of Favre's PAST accomplishments factor into this...being at camp is about TEAM BUILDING and CHEMISTRY...things he cannot participate in if he's NOT THERE.

    2: Singer didn't say anything about Jackson in this thread. He said he wants Favre to return. Not sure why you chose to bring him up.

    3: The players SAY they don't care, but - and I say this every year - it's a SOUND BITE. Truthfully, I'll bet you that many of them are a bit irked at this...even as I am.

    4: The excuse about Favre's accomplishments doesn't wash. Should we excuse Kevin Williams or Jared Allen? They're perennial Pro-Bowlers. How about Antoine Winfield or Pat Williams? They've both been in the league a long time...and we don't want to "wear out" Pat's body before the season.

    5: Last year, Favre was retired and came out of retirement after TC. THIS year he's under contract. It's not just about Favre - which he is making it. It's about the TEAM. Football is, after all, a TEAM sport. Brett is ignoring that fact and making it all about him.

    Truth is, he may still be "undecided", but if he decides to retire now, he's the biggest douche in the world for stringing us all along. And if he elects to play, he's a selfish git for blowing off TC.

    Even if he wins the Superbowl, what he's doing RIGHT NOW only confirms what many of his critics have been saying all along - that Favre is a "Me First" player.

    His BEST option would be to show up in camp and take it easy. Just his appearance will unite the roster around him..after all, it will be a definite TEAM FIRST move...something we've not seen from him in a long time.

    Caine

    1) Who says none of Favre's past accomplishmnets factor into this?

    I think they do. He holds every fing record on the books for a QB. And if my choice is put up with this or T-Jack at QB report when ever you want Brett because I have been a Viking fan for over 40 years and I want a Superbowl and he gives us the best chance at that happening.

    And Favre seemed to build alot of chemistry with his teammates last year or did you miss the pants on the ground video.

    2) Singer's man cruch on T-Jack is well known and the fact he didin't post last season until right after the NFC Championship game because Favre throw the pick is also well known so don't pretend you don't know it also Caine.

    3) The players know that Favre gives them the best chnace to win and they want him back and they realize that he is a primadonna and are willing to put up with it.

    4) we already went over Favre's accomplishments in 1: so why bring iot up again in 4:?

    5) He is a primadonna but he is a freak and had his best year ever in his 19th year and he should have been league MVP. - It maybe all about the team to you but the rules are not always the same for extraordinary players.

    Michael Irving stabbed one of his teammates in the neck with a scissors. He should have went to prison, but he is a TV analyst.

    Anybody that is suprised that Favre is not here either doesn't pay attention or isn't that smart.

    The Owner, front office, Coaching staff and players knew he wasn't going to be here!

    I knew he wasn't going to be here.

    People have beats going on when he does report.

    And people that thought he was going to be at the start of camp are either wishful thinkers or delusional.

    for the people that don't like it there is an easy way to fix the problem. Don't watch or cheer for the Vikes.

    So again I go back to my original post. Souhan is a D-Bag that hates sports and he want's to stir up trouble.

    Because most people knew months and months ago he wasn't going to be here and it it bother's you chear for another team because he ain't walking into training camp today.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pranks with electronic road signs stir worry
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 08:14 PM
  2. Quarterback Controversy?
    By SharperImage42 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 08:13 PM
  3. Favre's incomplete passes stir chatter during camp
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 08:52 PM
  4. Summer of controversy: Here are five QB hot spots
    By marstc09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 06:59 AM
  5. Lets STIR the SH*T
    By casper in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 01:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •