Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Souhan tries to stir up controversy

Local columnist for the Red Star and Tribune is trying to stir up some controversy about Favre.

Don't take it seriously, he is a sports reporter that hates sports. Why he doesn't write about something he loves is beyond me but he is a D-Bag.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/99670079.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc: aUU

It was adorned with the number 4, a reminder that Brett Favre, the Hamlet of Hattiesburg, has placed his comfort over the needs and wants of a team offering to pay him $13 million for six months of employment, has again placed himself on a different plane than his teammates

Like I said the guy hates sports and thinks he is above it.

Then why don't you write about something else?

Don't let him get you down he is just a pain in the ass that likes to cause trouble.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

birdman is offline Training Camp

Re:Souhan tries to stir up controversy

As much as Viking fans hope it will be all OK, the favorable treatment for Favre is bound to be a morale issue. We're human beings. We believe in fairness. A team is a group of invididuals who work together for a goal. Why does he get to work less? Because he's a HOF QB? Not buying it. If he went to camp and just watched while rehabbing the ankle, the whole problem would go away. If it doesn't respond, he can retire before the season starts.
    None

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

He makes many good points. Most of which people are aware of and would agree with I hope. Favre SHOULD be there, no doubt about it. Not saying he NEEDS to be here, he just SHOULD be there.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Meh, if the players don't care, neither do I. The media would like it to be more of a problem than it really is.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Tad7 wrote:
    He makes many good points. Most of which people are aware of and would agree with I hope. Favre SHOULD be there, no doubt about it. Not saying he NEEDS to be here, he just SHOULD be there.
    I agree.

locuomotion is offline Training Camp

I also agree that he doesn't NEED to be there, but SHOULD be there. The one thing that Souhan points out that I completely agree with is that we are not opening up the season with Cleveland and Detroit this year. The Saints are going to be a real challenge and there are certain things that Favre will need to work on (with his teammates) before the game. I would like to see him come back to camp before the first preseason game so he can work on timing with his receivers etc...

Lets face it - although Favre has been in the league for 20 years, the rest of the Vikings haven't. The team needs him back so they can work with him, as opposed to him working and getting back accustomed to them. There is only so much you can work on in a preseason game and I would feel more comfortable going into Week 1 if he was back to camp earlier this year that he was last year.
    "You don't have to have a mullet to cut your sleeves off and be a bad ass." - Jared Allen
    www.hoverstad.com

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Started off well written, making a differentiating point re: Childress' smart treatment of Favre vs Favre's decision to keep Chilly waiting. Went downhill from there.

At the end of the day, it is really nothing more than a published opinion laden with generalities and insults, "and there isn't much to do in central Mississippi, anyway, other than sweat and wish you lived someplace else." Sorry Jim, that comment only makes you appear more ignorant...maybe he enjoys being with his family more than you do. To each his own.

The only controversy this popcorn fart will stir up is with some fans. The Team obviously has accepted the situation. That's enough for me.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Souhan didn't create the controversy. Favre did as he's done for several years now, by skipping out on much of TCs & mandatory camps during the offseason & showing up when he damn well feels like it.

This is nothing new. Some reporters will bring it up. Others chose not to. Much like many here, they rationalize it to the extent that they have themselves believing that Favre is above his team & shouldn't have to participate in those activities.

Sorry, but that's just being a primadonna.

I'm not saying I don't want Favre to be here, because I do, but get your ass to camp & start working with your team.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike wrote:
    Started off well written, making a differentiating point re: Childress' smart treatment of Favre vs Favre's decision to keep Chilly waiting. Went downhill from there.

At the end of the day, it is really nothing more than a published opinion laden with generalities and insults, "and there isn't much to do in central Mississippi, anyway, other than sweat and wish you lived someplace else." Sorry Jim, that comment only makes you appear more ignorant...maybe he enjoys being with his family more than you do. To each his own.

The only controversy this popcorn fart will stir up is with some fans. The Team obviously has accepted the situation. That's enough for me.
    Sorry Max, but I'm sure there are several Vikings players that would also like to be home with their families too, but gess what? They are at Vikings training camp preparing themselves, as a team, for the upcoming season.

Perhaps you feel that Rice, Harvin, AD, P-Will, K-Will & JA should be excused from the first part of TC, but I don't think you do.

You are only assuming that the team & the players are fine with Favre waltzing in whenever he chooses to. I'm sure there are quite a few teammates sweating their balls off in practice everyday that perhaps think otherwise.

NodakPaul wrote:
    Meh, if the players don't care, neither do I. The media would like it to be more of a problem than it really is.
    What makes you think that the players don't care?

Before you answer that, recall to yourself what you've posted here many times what a player will state to the media.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast