Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Sorry Vikings fans

Sorry, Washington Redskins, Minnesota Vikings fans

Sorry, Washington Redskins, Minnesota Vikings fans - NFL.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Well, he ain't the only one who was wrong about these two teams. I'm still kind of in shock about our Vikes!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

After going 3-13 last season, I felt that an 8-8 season would be incredible! Regardless of how far the Vikes go in the post season, I will forever remember watching every run made by AP this season. He may have come up 9 yards short of the all time record, but given the fact that he did it on a recently repaired knee, makes this the best season ever by a running back!

I live in California and hear 49er fans yapping constantly.....but thanks to an early season win by the Vikes, they cant say much to me. It has been a fun ride! How I would love a four game road winning streak starting this Saturday!! SKOL!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    My pre-preseason predictions was us going anywhere from 4-12 to 8-8, but not much better.

After watching Walsh struggle in the preseason, I figured there was no chance for playoffs.

Now, sitting with a wildcard berth, and a couple losses we should have won to get the division makes this a crazy year.

Just think. a 40 year old kicker hit the second longest field goal of his career to beat us in Week 2.
    We had a complete breakdown and let a rookie RB run all over us at home
    Peterson broke a long run to get us inside the 5 yard line, and Ponder throws a pick on the road
    We let a rookie QB run the ball in from 70+ yards out to seal a victory

One of those games would mean we win the division.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Hells bells, I predicted a 3 win season THIS year....I was WAY wrong.

And I'm willing to be wrong all the way to the Superbowl and beyond.

Looking at the Play-off lineup, there isn't a team there that we can't beat. And by "we" I mean "Adrian Peterson".

Caine

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    I predicted we'd be 7-9, and looking back I was being generous at the time. What the Vikings have done this year is incredible. I have never been so proud to be a fan. Seriously. Like I've been saying Ponder simply needs time and he's getting better. Now that it seems like we finally have a decent passing game to compliment Adrian Peterson and our running game I think we could make a deep playoff run! Even so this provides a good building block for next year and beyond. Glad this franchise is taking a step in the right direction!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbzz View Post
    I predicted we'd be 7-9, and looking back I was being generous at the time. What the Vikings have done this year is incredible. I have never been so proud to be a fan. Seriously. Like I've been saying Ponder simply needs time and he's getting better. Now that it seems like we finally have a decent passing game to compliment Adrian Peterson and our running game I think we could make a deep playoff run! Even so this provides a good building block for next year and beyond. Glad this franchise is taking a step in the right direction!
    I was definitely wrong on myprediction of 6-10. I still thought we would be 7-9 after we were 6-6. So I am amazed by what they have done. Having said that I think our season ends Saturday. We beat the pack without Jordie Nelson and Cobb. We beat them at home on turf by three in the closing moments of the game. I think it is a very tough task to ask this team to go into Lambutt field and beat the Pack for the second week in a row.

I am very optimistic for next season though. I would love to get Warmack out of Alabama, could you imagine our O-line. AP would get the record next year. This guy is a beast and dominates every player they put in front of him. Watch him in the MNCG and see how great of a guard he truly is. I hope we replace Loadholdt also, he is a waste of space on the right side. I am not too concerned about his replacement's pass blocking abilities as long as he is a beast in the run game. Ground and pound baby.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I've emailed several writers of articles that predicted us to be the worst team in the NFL. Guess how many replies I've received. LOL.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I've emailed several writers of articles that predicted us to be the worst team in the NFL. Guess how many replies I've received. LOL.
    Holiday greetings my friend. I thought we were a bottom feeder but I never thought we were the worst. I thought of Indy, St. Louis, KC, Oakland, Miami, Tennesee & Jacksonville were worse than us going into this year. So I would have thought were in the bottom third but not the worst.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Holiday greetings my friend. I thought we were a bottom feeder but I never thought we were the worst. I thought of Indy, St. Louis, KC, Oakland, Miami, Tennesee & Jacksonville were worse than us going into this year. So I would have thought were in the bottom third but not the worst.
    You know me, ever the optimist. I thought 9-7 or 10-6 was realistic. Add a couple of real WR's and a DT this year during the offseason with depth at OG, ILB/OLB and DB and we should have a pretty good team for many years to come.

Of course to do that, some of the fan favorites who aren't producing need to go. Thats gonna be the hard part.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast