Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Something I have been thinking about

"Webby" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    I have
    been thinking about who would
    win in a fight between a crocidile and a grizly.
    Do your best not to hijack threads, please.
    I know its tough to stay on topic.
    Rats Webby you beat me.
    Now I can't say "Didn't that happen in the movie Lake Placid?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    I have
    Rats Webby you beat me.
    Now I can't say "Didn't that happen in the movie Lake Placid?
    You just did......you enabler....

Sorry lets get back on track....

Blah Blah Blah....you don't like Childress....blah blah blah.....he is to blame for keeping good players off our team....blah blah blah.......

JK man keep fighting the good fight, I heard that rapist make great recievers because they have to be quick.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Purplexing" wrote:
    { sarcasm on }

Hmm.
    Talent and character are mutually exclusive characteristics?
    Nice to know this.

{ sarcasm off }

Sarcasm Off:
    I'm starting to question your insight.

I was responding to someone mentioning Chilly should back off of his policy of acquiring players with character issues.
    I have been very nice in debating my differences with you.
    However, if want to continue your method of posting, your posts won't be taken seriously.
    I can speak for myself and probably many others on this site in saying that.
    Its your choice.
    Do you want to talk football intelligently or just try to find the fact that you are always correct and everyone else on the site is wrong?
    You make the decision.

Now I want to reflect back to another thread where you stated adding a veteran is a weak argument.
    I guess you disagree with the NFL Commissioner on that as well.
    He made a big statement on the NFL Network when talking about player conduct the importance of having that mentor to not only teach the game but to basically take them under the wing to keep them out of trouble as well.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"Webby" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    I have

sorry. i think i have internet ADD
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    { sarcasm on }

Hmm.
    Nice to know this.

{ sarcasm off }

Sarcasm Off:

I was responding to someone mentioning Chilly should back off of his policy of acquiring players with character issues.
    However, if want to continue your method of posting, your posts won't be taken seriously.
    Its your choice.
    Do you want to talk football intelligently or just try to find the fact that you are always correct and everyone else on the site is wrong?
    You make the decision.

Now I want to reflect back to another thread where you stated adding a veteran is a weak argument.
    He made a big statement on the NFL Network when talking about player conduct the importance of having that mentor to not only teach the game but to basically take them under the wing to keep them out of trouble as well.
    You might want to stick to just speaking for yourself...

Personally I find Purplexing's posts intelligent and candid.
    I enjoy his posts much more than the crap some of the other relatively new posters are putting up.
    Even when I have disagreed with him, his arguments have been complete with facts and data to back up his opinions.
    ;D

As far as reflecting back to comments made in other threads, it helps if you put your response in that same thread.
    This will avoid hijacking this one, as well as provide context for the rest of us to follow.
    I honestly don't know exactly what comment you are referring to, but based on other posts by Purplexing, I find it hard to believe that that isn't taken out of context.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    { sarcasm on }

Hmm.
    Nice to know this.

{ sarcasm off }

Sarcasm Off:

Its your choice.
    You make the decision.

I was responding to the original post.
    Thus, I didn't quote your post.
    I believe it isn't necessary to quote the original post in a thread if you are narrowly replying to the main subject of the thread.

The 'pass on signing a veteran WR' issue is in another thread, but I'll end my discussion of that here by clarifying that I oppose(d) IMPATIENTLY 'jumping' to sign a recently cut vet WR who is over 30 years old, e.g. Moulds - 33 yo.
    I prefer to WAIT to try to draft young WRs, and find vet WRs <= 30 yo who are released after training camp or pre-season ends.
    If none can be found, and Moulds is available in late August, sign him to a 1 year deal for a little over the vet min. as a LAST RESORT to fill the last roster spot
    allocated to WRs.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    { sarcasm on }

Hmm.
    Nice to know this.

{ sarcasm off }

Sarcasm Off:

Its your choice.
    You make the decision.

You might want to stick to just speaking for yourself...

Personally I find Purplexing's posts intelligent and candid.
    I enjoy his posts much more than the crap some of the other relatively new posters are putting up.
    Even when I have disagreed with him, his arguments have been complete with facts and data to back up his opinions.
    ;D

As far as reflecting back to comments made in other threads, it helps if you put your response in that same thread.
    This will avoid hijacking this one, as well as provide context for the rest of us to follow.
    I honestly don't know exactly what comment you are referring to, but based on other posts by Purplexing, I find it hard to believe that that isn't taken out of context.
    Actually Nodak, I agree with you in that Purp does post well.
    He explains things quite nicely and I do appreciate that.
    I have told him that on a few occasions.
    I have no problem telling anyone they post well even when I disagree with them.

Purp, although you do post well, I do think you attack others if they don't agree with your POV and you overuse the CAP function.
    It demonstrates sarcasm which only leads to unnecessary problems (such as this for example).

Purp if I directed this particular post at you and you weren't being sarcastic to what I was saying I apologize to you.
    That's wrong on my part.

I do apologize to everyone for hijacking this thread.
    Nodak is correct in that I shouldn't have done that.
    So I want to thank Nodak for putting me in my place here.
    ;D

davike is offline Team Alumni

"PsychoViking" wrote:
    Childress keeps saying he wants to bring in "good character" type players....that is all fine & dandy...but sooner or later I hope the Vikings relax on this just a little and attempt to bring in players who have some talent.
    Not every player in the NFL is a "saint" (not the New Orleans kind either), and sometimes a player will get into a little trouble, does this make that player a bad man, NOT by any means...people make mistakes and to only take players who have spotless records and have never been in trouble is NOT the way to build a winning team.
    Sometimes who have to swallow your silly pride and give people the benefit of the doubt.
    I am not saying go out and sign the T.O.'s and PacMans of the world, but to openly say you are only going to sign "good character" type guys is IMHO taking the easy way out and making excuses for not attempting to bolster the roster and build a quality type winning franchise.
    After the "boat thing" (I hate to bring that up) I think Zigi got really sick of players messing around off the field, that was one of the reasons he brought in Childress, because he was strict on off field behavior. I don't think he wouldn't bring in a player that had some minor issues(Dwight Smith), but he just wants to remain safe on those kind of issues and I don't blame him. When you have guys going out and going crazy it brings down the whole team, they want them to concentrate on football during the season, and I think that isn't unfair considering the money involved.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"davike" wrote:
    "PsychoViking" wrote:
    Childress keeps saying he wants to bring in "good character" type players....that is all fine & dandy...but sooner or later I hope the Vikings relax on this just a little and attempt to bring in players who have some talent.
    Not every player in the NFL is a "saint" (not the New Orleans kind either), and sometimes a player will get into a little trouble, does this make that player a bad man, NOT by any means...people make mistakes and to only take players who have spotless records and have never been in trouble is NOT the way to build a winning team.
    Sometimes who have to swallow your silly pride and give people the benefit of the doubt.
    I am not saying go out and sign the T.O.'s and PacMans of the world, but to openly say you are only going to sign "good character" type guys is IMHO taking the easy way out and making excuses for not attempting to bolster the roster and build a quality type winning franchise.
    After the "boat thing" (I hate to bring that up)
    Then Don't

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Webby" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    I have
    Hold on...there is a topic buried in the blur of words?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12