Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Some Vikings critics barely know team

if we still have a + attitude in the locker room.. and start with 1 win.. we might see a resurgence in the playmakers, and watch as people step up their game..

then when we finish on the + side of .500
    how many bchilly haters will switch to the purple side?
    there is to much to work on i think for them to make a 9-7 run.. but. i see improvement. it's coming.. that light at the end of the tunnel is the playoff.. not the train!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

MNgriff is offline Rookie

"digital420" wrote:
    if we still have a + attitude in the locker room.. and start with 1 win.. we might see a resurgence in the playmakers, and watch as people step up their game..

there is to much to work on i think for them to make a 9-7 run.. but. i see improvement. it's coming.. that light at the end of the tunnel is the playoff.. not the train!!

DiGiTaL
    If that happens I will be the first to put down the bong and praise his name up and down every board I post on, but I think that's asking waaay too much from this team. A few big plays maybe seing sidney emerge a bit more and peterson making rookie of the year will be enough for me to be hopeful.
    Skol

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    These what ifs really get me pissed. The fact is we are not 5-2. We have lack of execution on both sides of the ball and I shaky QB. He needs to stay healthy so we can see if he is the answer. This season is frustrating not because we are 2-5 but because there is no progress. I am happy we are close in games and we have some good talent. I am not happy that we are halfway through the season and I have not seen anything to tell me that Childress is making us a better team.
    Some extra wins would be nice as a true indicator that we are getting better, however, I do see improvement.

We haven't been blown out yet and have been pretty competitive against some pretty decent teams.
    Zone Blocking Scheme seems to be working better (See next improvement).
    We lead the league in rushing.
    We have more def INT's than our opponents so far.
    We are 20th in the leage with Pts.
    The Defense hasn't gotten any worse against the run after the new D-coord game in.
    ST is a strenght and not a weakness.
    We alread have 9 D TD's, last year we only had 3.

If ya really really really really really dig, you can find some sunshine my friend in every storm.

;D
    Some good points. So why the hell do we keep losing games? QB. I really hope TJ can develop or we need to get a vet in here that can get us over these close games.
    We are only in these games cause of 2 things.
    1).
    The Coaches are doing a gol 'darnit good job with the talent on hand.
    2).
    The youngsters in most cases are playing at or above a Vet level now.
    That is funny Marrdro.
    Coaches doing a good job.
    I guess that was sarcasm.
    Actually, we are 2-5 because of poor coaching.
    Les Steckel would have had this team 3-4 at the worst.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

How is it not fricken obvious that we have a consistency problem?

TJ (W)
    TJ, oops out goes TJ in OT and in comes BB (L - in OT on a fumble by BB)
    no TJ enter BB (L - BB over throws Fergy for the TD that would have been enough for a win)
    no TJ enter KH (L - KH first game as a vike and he held his own against GB)
    TJ (W)
    TJ (L)
    no TJ enter KH, nope enter BB (L)
    TJ, BB, no KH, oh, let's get J.George
    (?)

I know patience isn't a virtue around here, but there hasn't be anything consistant to messure where the blame needs to be put.

The fact that the team hasn't lost confidence in the locker room says a lot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I know patience isn't a virtue around here, but there hasn't be anything consistant to messure where the blame needs to be put.

The fact that the team hasn't lost confidence in the locker room says a lot.
    I heard Ben Leber on KFAN yesterday (Chad Hartman show) and he was talking just like that - about how the team knows they are close, how they are in every game with a chance to win, etc.
    He sounded like he was still really positive, but realistic.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

We lost to what appers to be the number 1 and 2 teams in the NFC, the Eagles and the winning and AFC West #1 Chiefs, plus the 5-2 Detriot Lions.

We have two games with 6 pts and 2 games with 3 pts and one with 10.

Our schedule has apparently been pretty sick.

Lets just go out and beat the Chargers, Raiders, SF, Chicago, Washington and Denver in the last game - 8-8 gets us in the playoff picture. GO VIKINNNNNNNGS!!!!

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"MNgriff" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL
    If that happens I will be the first to put down the bong and praise his name up and down every board I post on, but I think that's asking waaay too much from this team. A few big plays maybe seing sidney emerge a bit more and peterson making rookie of the year will be enough for me to be hopeful.
    Me as well. Even marginal improvement should give hope for the future. I'd be pretty stoked if we finished 7-9. I don't expect that. But some consistant improvement in the offense would be enough for me.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    These what ifs really get me pissed. The fact is we are not 5-2. We have lack of execution on both sides of the ball and I shaky QB. He needs to stay healthy so we can see if he is the answer. This season is frustrating not because we are 2-5 but because there is no progress. I am happy we are close in games and we have some good talent. I am not happy that we are halfway through the season and I have not seen anything to tell me that Childress is making us a better team.
    Some extra wins would be nice as a true indicator that we are getting better, however, I do see improvement.

We haven't been blown out yet and have been pretty competitive against some pretty decent teams.
    The Defense hasn't gotten any worse against the run after the new D-coord game in.

If ya really really really really really dig, you can find some sunshine my friend in every storm.

;D
    Some good points. So why the hell do we keep losing games? QB. I really hope TJ can develop or we need to get a vet in here that can get us over these close games.
    1).
    2).
    That is funny Marrdro.
    It wasn't meant to be funny.
    Did you see a smiley face?

Let me ask you a couple of questions.

What year do you expect a player to start making impact after he is drafted (1rst Round/2nd Round/3rd Round/4th Round/5th Round/6th Round/7th Round/Undrafted FA)?

Other than TJ, do you believe that the players drafted in 2006 and 2007 are playing below or above were they are supposed to be?

Do you believe that the first year players (other than the 2006 and 2007 class) are contributing at or above expectations?

I have repeatedly given examples of were and how I believe the team has improved today.
    I have also highlighted some areas of concern.

Please enlighten me with your wisdom of were I am off the mark?
    Maybe that will help me understand why you believe that our coachings staff isn't doing a pretty damn good job with the players they have this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "MNgriff" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL
    Me as well. Even marginal improvement should give hope for the future. I'd be pretty stoked if we finished 7-9. I don't expect that. But some consistant improvement in the offense would be enough for me.
    Yep, that's what we're all looking for. None of that changes the fact that the improvement that we're looking for isn't there yet. Will it ever come? I would hope to see a little improvement before this season is over or else Chilly needs to go for sure. We haven't improved in the slightest since the start of 2006. Our QB situation is worse, our offensive line is as bad as ever, our WR's are about the same, our pass rush is just as bad, our pass D is just as bad, our run D has gotten worse....

What happens if the improvement never happens Digital? Will you switch over to the purple dark side and become a Fire Childress fan?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=39307.msg666004#msg666004 date=1193926878]

;D
    1).
    2).
    That is funny Marrdro.
    It wasn't meant to be funny.
    Did you see a smiley face?

Let me ask you a couple of questions.

What year do you expect a player to start making impact after he is drafted (1rst Round/2nd Round/3rd Round/4th Round/5th Round/6th Round/7th Round/Undrafted FA)?

Other than TJ, do you believe that the players drafted in 2006 and 2007 are playing below or above were they are supposed to be?

Do you believe that the first year players (other than the 2006 and 2007 class) are contributing at or above expectations?

I have repeatedly given examples of were and how I believe the team has improved today.
    I have also highlighted some areas of concern.

Please enlighten me with your wisdom of were I am off the mark?
    Maybe that will help me understand why you believe that our coachings staff isn't doing a pretty gol 'darnit good job with the players they have this year.
    [/quote]

Well put Mar!
    Tough question that would require a lot of thought.
    Any takers?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast