Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Some Vikings critics barely know team

    "marstc09" wrote:
    These what ifs really get me pissed. The fact is we are not 5-2. We have lack of execution on both sides of the ball and I shaky QB. He needs to stay healthy so we can see if he is the answer. This season is frustrating not because we are 2-5 but because there is no progress. I am happy we are close in games and we have some good talent. I am not happy that we are halfway through the season and I have not seen anything to tell me that Childress is making us a better team.
    Some extra wins would be nice as a true indicator that we are getting better, however, I do see improvement.

    We haven't been blown out yet and have been pretty competitive against some pretty decent teams.
    Zone Blocking Scheme seems to be working better (See next improvement).
    We lead the league in rushing.
    We have more def INT's than our opponents so far.
    We are 20th in the leage with Pts.
    The Defense hasn't gotten any worse against the run after the new D-coord game in.
    ST is a strenght and not a weakness.
    We alread have 9 D TD's, last year we only had 3.

    If ya really really really really really dig, you can find some sunshine my friend in every storm.

    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Some Vikings critics barely know team

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    These what ifs really get me pissed. The fact is we are not 5-2. We have lack of execution on both sides of the ball and I shaky QB. He needs to stay healthy so we can see if he is the answer. This season is frustrating not because we are 2-5 but because there is no progress. I am happy we are close in games and we have some good talent. I am not happy that we are halfway through the season and I have not seen anything to tell me that Childress is making us a better team.
    Some extra wins would be nice as a true indicator that we are getting better, however, I do see improvement.

    We haven't been blown out yet and have been pretty competitive against some pretty decent teams.
    Zone Blocking Scheme seems to be working better (See next improvement).
    We lead the league in rushing.
    We have more def INT's than our opponents so far.
    We are 20th in the leage with Pts.
    The Defense hasn't gotten any worse against the run after the new D-coord game in.
    ST is a strenght and not a weakness.
    We alread have 9 D TD's, last year we only had 3.

    If ya really really really really really dig, you can find some sunshine my friend in every storm.

    ;D
    Some good points. So why the hell do we keep losing games? QB. I really hope TJ can develop or we need to get a vet in here that can get us over these close games.

  3. #13
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Some Vikings critics barely know team

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Sid makes a few salient points that are obvious.
    I hope it's true that the vets and the team morale is still good.
    If that is true anything is possible.
    Sid needs to talk to his own sports reporters, as well.
    The next time one of them talks about the "Vikings 30th-ranked pass defense" w/out bringing up the SCORING DEFENSE rank, I'm gonna scream.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #14
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Some Vikings critics barely know team

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Sid makes a few salient points that are obvious.
    I hope it's true that the vets and the team morale is still good.
    If that is true anything is possible.
    Sid needs to talk to his own sports reporters, as well.
    The next time one of them talks about the "Vikings 30th-ranked pass defense" w/out bringing up the SCORING DEFENSE rank, I'm gonna scream.

    =Z=
    ...waiting for the required "local media hacks" comment from Marrdro... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Some Vikings critics barely know team

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    These what ifs really get me pissed. The fact is we are not 5-2. We have lack of execution on both sides of the ball and I shaky QB. He needs to stay healthy so we can see if he is the answer. This season is frustrating not because we are 2-5 but because there is no progress. I am happy we are close in games and we have some good talent. I am not happy that we are halfway through the season and I have not seen anything to tell me that Childress is making us a better team.
    Some extra wins would be nice as a true indicator that we are getting better, however, I do see improvement.

    We haven't been blown out yet and have been pretty competitive against some pretty decent teams.
    Zone Blocking Scheme seems to be working better (See next improvement).
    We lead the league in rushing.
    We have more def INT's than our opponents so far.
    We are 20th in the leage with Pts.
    The Defense hasn't gotten any worse against the run after the new D-coord game in.
    ST is a strenght and not a weakness.
    We alread have 9 D TD's, last year we only had 3.

    If ya really really really really really dig, you can find some sunshine my friend in every storm.

    ;D
    Some good points. So why the hell do we keep losing games? QB. I really hope TJ can develop or we need to get a vet in here that can get us over these close games.
    QB is a big contributor but really it is a bigger issue along that lines.

    We did not draft well over the past few years and we really sucked at plugging wholes with Quality FAs as well.

    Like it or not, the last staff left us pretty devoid of any future.
    As a result of that we are relying on roughly 10-13 1rst and second year players to either start or act as relief/backup at alot of key positions.

    I for one will not hang them out to dry for inexperience.
    I will also not blame the coaches for doing everything in thier power to get them as game ready as they can.

    Face it, (gonna ping on this for a bit more this week) we are relying on those kids to play in spots that should normally be filled/held down by a guy that has had 3-5 years experience in that spot, then throw in the fact that those Vets aren't there passing along the much needed Vet leadership you all say we need.

    Let me rephrase your question for you.......
    Why the hell do we keep loosing CLOSE games........ with the emphasis on close.

    We are only in these games cause of 2 things.
    1).
    The Coaches are doing a damn good job with the talent on hand.
    2).
    The youngsters in most cases are playing at or above a Vet level now.

    As they keep on playing some of those Rook mistakes will start to diminish and we will not only start winning close games, but we will be ahead at half (as we saw with Dallas) against better teams than us.

    End result.
    Wins more than losses.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Some Vikings critics barely know team

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    The writer isn't saying we deserve to be 5-2.
    He was just using that as a basis for why the team hasn't given up yet.


    It may be a salient point but it isn't that obvious of a line or we wouldn't have members pulling the "if card" out.

    IMHO, the fact that we left a few plays on the field could have been very detrimental.
    Most of the plays that were left on the field were made by BB and KH.
    Because they were made by KH and BB, the team still has hope in their pocket, which is a healthy TJ.
    It also helps that AD is a spark of hope too.
    Because he can take it the distance like he has, losing be an average of 6 points per game is only one play from being a win.


    Our biggest problem the last 2.5 seasons has been consistency and the lack there of at the most important position on the field!

    We had six games (2005) of QB consistency where the offense didn't win the games, the Defense won those games.
    Actually, I have to say that our two wins were because of AD's big plays and big games.
    We need the QB to be able to contribute as well.
    The QB tried in KC with Fergy and the GB game with Rice (the game he was wide open and we missed him).
    TJ also gets a half of ADs credit for the Chi game, that pass to TW was nice for a 60 yd TD.

  7. #17
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Some Vikings critics barely know team

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    The writer isn't saying we deserve to be 5-2.
    He was just using that as a basis for why the team hasn't given up yet.


    It may be a salient point but it isn't that obvious of a line or we wouldn't have members pulling the "if card" out.

    IMHO, the fact that we left a few plays on the field could have been very detrimental.
    Most of the plays that were left on the field were made by BB and KH.
    Because they were made by KH and BB, the team still has hope in their pocket, which is a healthy TJ.
    It also helps that AD is a spark of hope too.
    Because he can take it the distance like he has, losing be an average of 6 points per game is only one play from being a win.


    Our biggest problem the last 2.5 seasons has been consistency and the lack there of at the most important position on the field!

    We had six games (2005) of QB consistency where the offense didn't win the games, the Defense won those games.
    Actually, I have to say that our two wins were because of AD's big plays and big games.
    We need the QB to be able to contribute as well.
    The QB tried in KC with Fergy and the GB game with Rice (the game he was wide open and we missed him).
    TJ also gets a half of ADs credit for the Chi game, that pass to TW was nice for a 60 yd TD.
    Quoting and following-up your own post?

    What a whore!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #18
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Some Vikings critics barely know team

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    The writer isn't saying we deserve to be 5-2.
    He was just using that as a basis for why the team hasn't given up yet.


    It may be a salient point but it isn't that obvious of a line or we wouldn't have members pulling the "if card" out.

    IMHO, the fact that we left a few plays on the field could have been very detrimental.
    Most of the plays that were left on the field were made by BB and KH.
    Because they were made by KH and BB, the team still has hope in their pocket, which is a healthy TJ.
    It also helps that AD is a spark of hope too.
    Because he can take it the distance like he has, losing be an average of 6 points per game is only one play from being a win.


    Our biggest problem the last 2.5 seasons has been consistency and the lack there of at the most important position on the field!

    We had six games (2005) of QB consistency where the offense didn't win the games, the Defense won those games.
    Actually, I have to say that our two wins were because of AD's big plays and big games.
    We need the QB to be able to contribute as well.
    The QB tried in KC with Fergy and the GB game with Rice (the game he was wide open and we missed him).
    TJ also gets a half of ADs credit for the Chi game, that pass to TW was nice for a 60 yd TD.
    Quoting and following-up your own post?

    What a whore!

    =Z=
    Whores have more fun!

    LOL, takes one to know one and I know you!


    Zeus: And will soon be top 8, once I pass SIA - need him to go on vacation again
    I am taking 3 weeks off in Dec.
    Wishes do come true.

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Some Vikings critics barely know team

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Sid makes a few salient points that are obvious.
    I hope it's true that the vets and the team morale is still good.
    If that is true anything is possible.
    Sid needs to talk to his own sports reporters, as well.
    The next time one of them talks about the "Vikings 30th-ranked pass defense" w/out bringing up the SCORING DEFENSE rank, I'm gonna scream.

    =Z=
    ...waiting for the required "local media hacks" comment from Marrdro... ;D
    Not necessary.
    His post was enough.

    He is to big of an ally in other areas to pour salt into a wound like that.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    MNgriff's Avatar
    MNgriff is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    148

    Re: Some Vikings critics barely know team

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Sid makes a few salient points that are obvious.
    I hope it's true that the vets and the team morale is still good.
    If that is true anything is possible.
    Sid needs to talk to his own sports reporters, as well.
    The next time one of them talks about the "Vikings 30th-ranked pass defense" w/out bringing up the SCORING DEFENSE rank, I'm gonna scream.

    =Z=
    I also hope sid is right about the level of confidence still being uncharacteristically high considering our record. Then again how can you take anything from sid without a grain of salt? If there was an award for homer of the year, sid would have won it about 20 years running. This is the same guy that said at about the all-star break that the "twins would without a doubt find a way to keep hunter, just look at puck," he said. I think we all see how that's working out. I want to believe sid but it's not easy
    Skol

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Critics decry Facebook's new look
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 02:20 PM
  2. Replies: 279
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 07:42 PM
  3. barely
    By purpleFavreEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 04:46 PM
  4. Yet another McCrab article...Pep BARELY mentioned
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 03:34 PM
  5. Critics Silenced?
    By VikemanX84 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 01:03 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •