TheJazzyOne is offline Rookie

Some VERY encouraging Cowboys-Vikings stats

Hey all

I don't usually post links to my blog here unless I have just created a music video, but I have a feeling you will all really like this post.

I spent some time today searching the internet for stats about the Vikings and the Cowboys, trying to figure out what makes the Cowboys so unstoppable in the minds of the media.

I found a TON of interesting stuff.

I think you'll all feel better about the game after reading this:

http://www.thevikingship.net/its-playoff-game-time-minnesota-vikings-game-preview-the-vikings-vs-the-cowboys/minnesota-vikings-game-preview/
    Check out my Minnesota Vikings Blog, The Viking Ship

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re:Some VERY encouraging Cowboys-Vikings stats

TheJazzyOne wrote:
    Hey all

I don't usually post links to my blog here unless I have just created a music video, but I have a feeling you will all really like this post.

I spent some time today searching the internet for stats about the Vikings and the Cowboys, trying to figure out what makes the Cowboys so unstoppable in the minds of the media.

I found a TON of interesting stuff.

I think you'll all feel better about the game after reading this:

http://www.thevikingship.net/its-playoff-game-time-minnesota-vikings-game-preview-the-vikings-vs-the-cowboys/minnesota-vikings-game-preview/
    Very nice. Loved the statistics portion.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Pretty good stuff.

Alot of stats that have been floating around here for a week now, while ijit Cowgirl fans have been talking about how they "clearly have the advantage in every stage of the game"

Well done.
    None

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Living here in plowboi country, and listening to all the expert band wagon jumpers dis us, it's really nice to read some facts, and know we haven't heard any love.......
    All week we've heard about Miles Austin, Witten, Desard Choice, Marion B, Felix Jones.... great defense M Ware,
    etc, etc....,
    Well, after this weekend the whole country is gonna know some new names. Chester Taylor, Sydney Rice, Bernard Berrian, Percy Harvin,Visante Shianco. And after our defense led by Vets like Big Pat, JA, Winfield, I expect some big emotions, and the cowboi's like Custer, have gone to far, and have stepped into our house.
    Odin the Viking God of War, calls us to crush these invaders from the south back where they have come from.

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

Good read JazzyOne. The love for Dallas by the media is a bit misplace imo, but the media is very trendy in their picks and usually emphasize the last thing they see, which I can understand.

It's when they start throwing out arguments about how Dallas has better athletes (stronger and faster), or their dominant defense or complete offense that I have a hard time buying into it. The stats you posted go against every one of those theories as does the 9 Pro Bowl selections by the Vikings.

Dallas is a hot team that tore apart a Philadelphia team that a lot of people held in high regard in back to back weekends at home. Kudos to them, but they are not playing their familiar foes again this weekend. They are on the road in a hostile environment against a very talented team that can make plays on both sides of the ball. If MN plays up to their capability, Dallas will have a hard time staying with them. If we come out flat like we did a number of times to finish out the year, then Dallas could jump on us, but I just don't see that happening.

Barring TO's and a lot of mistakes, I like our chances of beating the Boys this Sunday. I know a lot of folks are down on our coaching, but are you really afraid of Wade Phillips? Our leaders will make sure we come in and play at a high level, this will be a high intensity game from both sides and talent will win out in the end. And sorry to say Dallas fans, but that favors us.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Taking the whole reg season into consideration, the Vikes are the clear stat leader in almost all categories.

But most of the analysts are looking at the last 4 games, where the Vikes have struggled and cowpies flourished.

What has been consistant is the cowpies can protect a lead, but can't comeback.

If the Vikes have a 2 score lead at the end of the 1st, the Vikes win easy, especially if the cowbarfs still have a 0.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

tarpley_jim is offline Waterboy

The Vikings shouldn't be painted the underdog like they are. I'm glad though. We play better when this happens.

The match-up that has been over-hyped so much is Dallas' D-Line vs. O-Line. The Vikings and Cowboys have both given up, just as many sacks, but the Vikings haven't been as often during the tail end of the season. However, the Vikings sacks more often than Dallas. They lead the league. So, why aren't we hearing everyone talk about Vikings' D-Line vs. O-Line?
    None

purplejokr is offline Rookie

My fingers are crossed. I am pulling for the purple.

With that said, this game is a toss up based on how both teams ended the season. If the reverse were true, I believe the Vikings would get tons of love from the "experts." However, the fact is that the Vikings appear to have peaked early while the Cowboys have peaked late.

What gives me comfort is even with the teams peaking at different times this season, this game is in Minnesota. It is SUPER loud and Jared Allen's blocker is Flozell Adams who is NOTORIOUS for giving up false start penalties!

What doesn't give me any comfort was how Julius Peppers and Bertrand Berry gave the offensive line fit and pressured Favre into poor decisions with the football. If Loadholt and McKinnie can hold up against Spencer and Ware, I believe this game will be won by the home team.